“Perfect Location for a Stay in Chicago”

The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
Ranked #54 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Providence, Rhode Island
“Perfect Location for a Stay in Chicago”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. The check-in process was flawless and quick. My room was ready for a 9am check-in which really made my day after an early morning flight. The room was clean and large. I was lucky enough to have 2 rooms for 1 reservation so I had a corner location including a living room, sofa, tv and then a bedroom with desk, tv, bed and each room had a bathroom. It was large for 1 person staying but I loved it. The location in perfect. It was close to high-end shopping, awesome restaurants within walking distance and the personnel is great!

The bar within the hotel was fun and the service was great! They had a nice selection of draft beers and spirits. The bartenders are helpful and friendly.

I was impressed and would stay again.

My only suggestion for the hotel staff would be some of the hallways could use a fresh coat of paint.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hi RITraveler123,

Thank you for the great comments. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your experience with us and that you were able to take advantage of our location. Thank you for the helpful feedback about painting the halls, as we are always interested in ways to improve. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kristin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Korean first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

The Westin, Magnificent Mile is located beautifully right next to the Hancock Tower. You just walk down and there you are in the midst I all the buzz and glamour of the city.
The hotel is as good as any other Westin - Starwood property in the world, though the check in seemed to take longer than usual.
But you won't stay too long in your room. Chicago has so much to explore, you'll only come back to catch a quick wink.

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hello SoniaDeshmukh,

Thank you for the nice comments on your recent experience. We are delighted that you took advantage of our location and that you enjoyed exploring the beautiful windy city. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The Westin Michigan Avenue exceeds my expectations every time! I prefer to stay at this property, especially in the winter months when the room rate is beyond reasonable (almost a steal). The property is located at the end of Michigan Avenue surrounded by shops, restaurants and my gym (Equinox) is across the street. The rooms are oversized and the amenities are great!

Room Tip: The SPG floors are always great!
Green Features: Their green choice program is ideal. You get 500 points per night and the hotel saves water.
Hi David G,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are delighted that you enjoy our location and that you find value in our hotel especially during the winter. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again!

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Over the years this hotel has gone from top of our list to somewhere near the middle. Over the Holiday Season, there was a great promotional rate, so I thought - what the heck - let's give them a try. And boy am I glad we did. This was a gift for my daughter and son-in-law - just had a new baby and needed a little getaway (plus grandma - ME - gets hold of that baby for a weekend - everyone wins!)
There were so many improvements - from the registration desk, to housekeeping, to The Grill, to check-out - that the Westin is now back on the top of my list. We live close enough that we visit several times a year and I know we shall be back. Location is better than great as well.
Then ... 2 days after they return I get an email telling me that the visit was appreciated and if there was anything they could do better. WHAT??? This is unheard of in a city with thousands of rooms available. They actually cared and I could tell the email was not canned. So I then asked what has changed so drastically and this is the response I received:
"Over the past year, we’ve created a few committees within the hotel to focus on the guest’s experience and really rive personalized service. The committees focus on: social media, survey feedback (GEI), VIP experience, and associate appreciation. I was hired in April for a position that was recently created called the Social Media/VIP Coordinator. I read all of the guest reviews and try to communicate our strengths and weaknesses to the rest of the team; hence why I am reaching out to you now. Our departure email is something that our marketing team works on from a regional standpoint, so perhaps the email you received at check out was changed by one of the marketing managers within the Midwest branch of Starwood. A few new managers have been hired such as our Director of Housekeeping Victoria, our Front Desk Manager Shaun, and our Service Express Manager Stephen. It’s so nice to know that all of our teamwork has made an impact on our guests’ experiences. "
I am in awe of such a response. And I must say all the changes are great, but what struck me the most was their "associate appreciation". I will always go out of my way to be a regular customer of an environment that treats it's employees well. That stuff trickles down to l'il of me and you! Thanks again and I'll see you myself soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear KPupel,

Thank you for sharing your great experience! It was a pleasure speaking with you via email the other day, and I truly appreciate your interest in our initiatives to improve guest experiences. We look forward to welcoming back you and your family soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 January 2014

A prime location, a helpful staff, clean and a busy hotel - all adding up to a winning combination. Sometimes its very occupied, so don't think you can get there at noon and have a room waiting on you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hi Aaron A,

Thank you for the great feedback. We are delighted that you felt so comfortable with us and that you appreciate our location. We look forward to having you back soon.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 11 January 2014

They have really nice managers and they were very kind. But there was a dog barked at midnight. It kind of made me annoyed , but except that I stayed really well. I love to visit my next trip and hope there is no noisy pets anymore.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Kayleek4,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are delighted that you would like to return, and we apologize for the noisy neighbor’s dog this time. Please feel free to call security if that should ever happen in the future.

Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The Westin is a decent business hotel, that would also be perfect for a tourism trip to Chicago.
The location is perfect - just by the Hancock Center, with plenty of shops in the surroundings.

The hotel is what I would call a standard business hoetl with all the ammenities you'd expect from such a place. The rooms are OK, clean and comfortable.

Hi JoaquimSpeck,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your recent visit and that you see us as both an ideal business hotel and leisure destination. We hope to welcome you back soon!