“Great location and a great hotel!”

The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
Ranked #57 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Loved the two night stay here. The hotel is on Michigan Ave within Chicago's best shopping area. Service was first-rate and the restaurant was excellent. We'll be back for our third stay here next spring.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Hi 4starrs,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are so glad that you continue to stay with us and that you will be returning in the spring. We look forward to welcoming you back and being your home base on the magnificent Mile.

Kristin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,639)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I visit Chicago once a year for a business conference. In the past I have always found myself tossing and turning in the middle of the night due to the constant city noise (sirens, traffic, trains) things you just can't turn off when you're ready to go to bed. Until now - My stay at the Westin was amazing - I slept like a rock/log/baby both nights. I was refreshed in the morning and I’m happy to say stayed awake at the conference. The bed and pillows were crazy comfortable, I can't say enough about them. One last thing - when I made the reservation I did request a quiet room away from the street and elevators, the Westin was happy to oblige. Many thanks to the Westin staff, I'll be back!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hi Lisa H,

Thank you for sharing! We are delighted that you had such a wonderful night and that you found our Heavenly beds to live up to their name. We can't wait to have you back next time you are in the windy city!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose to stay at this hotel since we were attending a family wedding that was held here. What was booked due to convenience ended up being a pleasant surprise that far exceeded our expectations. First, this hotel is a short walk away from everything - I mean EVERYTHING ! Harry Caray sports museum, Watertower shops, Millennium Park, Disney store, famous deep dish pizza, Dr. Seuss gallery, Lego store, M&M, Ghiradelli, American girl, Eataly, and all the shopping along Michigan ave. A 5 minute cab ride from Navy pier. You would think it doesn't get better than this for our kids' first trip to Chicago - but it did. (disclaimer I am a SPG Platinum member) -- So I receive an e-mail two days before we arrive from Kristin Kulasik, who reaches out to guests to see if they have any special requests. We received our suite upgrade through SPG, but Kristin went above and beyond to ensure that not only did we get an adjoining room with my parents who were also attending the wedding, but the kids ended up getting a living room, a murphy bed, their own bathroom and plenty of space and windows to enjoy the sights and sounds of Chicago. Kristin also gave us ideas on what to do (I'll credit her for the sports museum idea which was a blast), and decorated Easter eggs with our kids. The staff, concierge, bell captain, and the folks working at Starbucks who honored our SPG breakfast was all very friendly. (Note that the SPG breakfast here is a pastry, coffee and fruit from Starbucks instead of the breakfast credit at their restaurant). And finally- the wedding - from a guest's perspective, it was a perfect evening. So I'm guessing that whoever coordinated my cousin's wedding at the Westin was awesome to work with too. I've stayed at various hotels in Chicago for business (Hilton, Renaissance, Westin @ airport) - but this one definitely is my new favorite - from a location perspective and how they treated and welcomed my family. Thank you !!

Room Tip: We had a corner room with a great view of Michigan ave. You can hear the road noise from the 4th fl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi canadianarthur,

It was such a pleasure welcoming you and your family to WMA. We appreciate your loyalty as an SPG member and that you took the time to share your great experience. please don't hesitate to contact me next time you are thinking of visiting.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We have stayed here before as it is so conveniently located to everything. You are 2 blocks from Rush St. and Oak St. there are so many restaurants and shops to walk to that it is amazing. Even walking to the loop and beyond isn't that far. The hotel is very nice and offers a pretty good size room given that you are in downtown Chicago. Other hotels that charge double triple don't give you the size room that the Westin does. the Bathroom is roomy and the shower is better than average.

Room Tip: If you are a starwood member, they give you bottled water everyday. the upper floors have nice vie...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Hi Anthony P,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed dour location and spacious rooms. We can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I only stayed there for 1 night for a business. I got a room in the last minute due to a reservation mixed-up but the room and service are nice for the price I paid for. It's also located near many nice restaurants. The bar and the breakfast restaurant downstairs were pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014

Hi Laf10lol,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you have enjoyed our location and comfortable rooms. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Days before my trip, Kristin the concierge, contacted me and asked is she could be of service. Although I did not get the parlor suite that I requested, I did receive a comp hot breakfast for 2 and a goody basket sent to my room. It was more than enough to feel special.

The hotel is beautiful, but does need an upgrade. The location is second to none and the service is phenomenal. It was a Heavenly stay!

Room Tip: corner facing Michigan Avenue
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
westinmichave, Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Hi mike1sab,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback! I really appreciate your comments, and it was a pleasure assisting you. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but we do have renovations scheduled in the near future - December 2014. We will be very excited to see how you like the updated rooms after that.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights at the Westin Michigan Avenue. We had a prepaid advance reservation, and arrived early a.m. on Sunday. Room was available before the 3:00 check in time, but check-in service was extremely slow. Only one representative on Sunday a.m. There were 3 people waiting behind us to check out, and we waited about 15 minutes. The room was spacious, and the chaise lounge was good for reading. Nice bedding, although the bed definitely had troughs that we kept rolling into. We had a view of the Hancock building. 8th floor. Location in Chicago was excellent. Door men were very helpful with taxi's and directions. Walking distance to everything--Navy Pier, the river, the museums, etc. Bathroom was updated and toiletries high quality, but toilet was finicky--required two flushes minimum. Concierge assisted us with printing our boarding pass--the kiosk printer was broken.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi KCooper458,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are delighted that you enjoyed our location and that the luggage attendants were so helpful. We apologize for the long wait when you arrived Sunday morning, and we will reevaluate our scheduling moving forward.