“Westin Health Club Personal Trainer was the Best !”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #65 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was expecting the 15 minute complimentary workout consultation according to the hotel website but got a 75 minute personal workout by a professional trainer named Sam Guiragossian instead. Sam had so much passion and enthusiasm that you would think I was paying him $100.00 an hr. He worked with me the whole time , coaching, explaining and encouraging me to finish my reps. He even talked about all the bad things I had to stay away from as well as the proper foods I need to eat. He also printed out a exercise program showing pictures and detailed instructions on all the exercises that were best for me to follow. He even said to email him if I needed my workout changed . Sam had e-mailed me additional exercises and workout tips etc . the same day and encouraged me to email him with any questions and to keep in touch and let him know how I was doing with my exercises. I was not expecting this preferential service at all. If you want a awesome personal trainer , you will not be dissappointed if you have Sam.

Dave, Mokena, Illinois

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Hello dave9124,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. As you've stated Sam is truly an asset to our team and provides a very unique experience to our guests not only during their stay but after as well. He is a great advocate for personal wellness and his only desire to is to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived.

I'm sure Sam will remain in contact with you, however I'm sure he as well as the rest of the team here look forward to seeing you again.

Bryan W.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,009)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I return to this hotel once a year.i always feel welcome. Lisa, the concierge, is outstanding. She is knowledgable and caring. Every member of the team has a smile. The lobby has a welcoming aromatherapy scent, which instantly relaxes you. I would highly recommend this location for a stay in Chicago, both for the terrific employees as well as location. I will return again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Hello Sheri D,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful note and your kind words with us. It brings me great joy to hear that Lisa was able to leave such a positive lasting impression on you while you were here.

I'm glad that you found Westin's White Tea scent to be relaxing, and that it helped you truly unwind during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you return to Chicago!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We recently spent two nights in a GREAT suite at this hotel, and really enjoyed the experience! The suite was reasonably priced ($500 per night) for the space it included, and it was perfect for a group stay where we all gathered in the suite before activities. Plus, the view was unreal, and everything is easy to get to (a plus in the middle of winter). Some cool amenities like the in-room iPad and lovely extra seating made everything perfect!

We loved the staff, as well, especially the front desk woman who was super sweet and helpful. She even remembered my fiance when he called with a billing question a week later.

The only bad news: we were promised that the couch was a pull-out, and it wasn't.

Room Tip: Get a river view room - it is well worth it for the sunsets. And, our corner suite was super quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Melissa_G84,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note with us! I'm delighted to hear that you and your guests had such a renewing visit. We certainly pride ourselves on our service and it's great to hear that one of our front desk associates was able to really showcase that to you.

I'm sorry to hear about the billing issue and lack of a pull-out couch; however I hope we were able to provide a Heavenly rollaway to you. Lastly, if your billing issue had not been resolved please feel free to reach out to me and I would be happy to assist you with it.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We just returned from a Valentine's weekend stay at this Westin slightly north of the river in downtown Chicago. We loved the location -- we walked to the hotel just a couple of blocks from the L stop.

The staff from the front desk to the bellman to the lounge attendant were are friendly and helpful.
Our room was very comfortable. The hotel well-maintained but is very much of the 80s era with black marble in the bathrooms.

We loved the location: across the street is Bin 36, our favorite wine bar. We had incredible thin-crust mushroom pizza with truffle oil at the Sienna Tavern just down the street. Both State Street and Michigan Ave shopping are within close walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello TravelingWithTheJone,

I'm delighted to hear that your stay with us was so refreshing! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm so happy that you were able to take some time and unwind while you were here.

We look forward to seeing you again for your next Chicago escape!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for three days and although the location was good, the service was not and the staff and management were extremely rude and unfriendly. The rooms need updating and renovation. Were tired compared to rest of hotel and the club lounge which was freshly updated. Restaurants are pricey and the food was so so. Not worth the expense We are SPG members and frequently stay at Westin Hotels which are usually great but next time, we'll pass on this one. Too many other nice hotels in Chicago. Would not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't pay up for a river view room because there's really no great view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah82060

Hello Sarah82060,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent experience. I'm disappointed to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and not up to your expectations of the Westin brand.

If you have a free moment I'd love to speak with you further regarding specific instances where you interacted with both management and associates as well as to obtain your room number and any other specific feedback you have so that we may work to correct these issues.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and in a great location. I wouldn't eat or drink at the hotel there again. We ordered 3 drinks (vodka sodas) and watched him pour Smirnoff. Our bill was over $40.00! Pretty over priced for a rail vodka. Also the second we walked into our room our toilet wouldn't flush. They sent someone up a few minutes later, and took him 30 mins to fix and we were in a huge hurry to leave. Will probably try somewhere else next time. I've stayed at much nicer Westin's before.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello ndbrit06,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations during your recent visit, and that you do not plan to return. It is my sincerest hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back and show you that this is certainly not the norm here at The Westin Chicago River North. We pride ourselves on our service, property, and brand, and it saddens me to see that we were unable to showcase that to you.

If you do happen to choose to visit us again please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure your complete satisfaction with your upcoming stay, and ensure you experience the Westin brand, and The Westin Chicago River North the way it's truly meant to be.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Great hotel right next to the House of Blues. Tons to see & do. Great restraunts and night life. The staff is very friendly and professional. The room was stylish, modern and very comfortable. Room service was prompt and very tasty, but a bit overpriced. Have already planned my next stay there!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Hello oconnor1129,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note with us. I'm truly delighted to hear that your recent stay was so renewing that you've already booked your next stay with us!

If you have any special requests, or anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable or memorable please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally.