“Great Location and Service to Match”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #58 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Location and Service to Match”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights for a conference in May and would stay here again without hesitation. Although I'm not too far up the ladder in Starwood's frequent guest program, they provided upgraded accommodations and access to the executive lounge on the 20th floor. And I didn't even have to ask! The room was nice, overlooking the Chicago River.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank TravellingFlaGator
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello TravellingFlaGator,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note and for also being one of our loyal Starwood Preferred guests! It was a pleasure to have you and I'm delighted to see that we were able to provide you with upgraded accommodations that exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bryan W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Michigan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Certainly a good experience and the hotel meets expectations of a Westin, including that they want to slap you with a surcharge to use the internet in your room. The Embers restaurant isn't open for dinner but you can eat in the lounge. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is good, but at least when I was there the construction noise on the river was loud during the day and could be heard in the room. That said, the room was very quiet at night. The TV didn't get CNBC, which normally I wouldn't notice, but for a hockey fan during the Stanley Cup playoffs was a drag.

Room Tip: The staff did a good job directing me to the blue line, but the Clark/Lake station is a little hard...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MichiganFloyd
Hello MichiganFloyd,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide a renewing element to your stay, and we appreciate the feedback you've shared with us regarding several of your concerns so that we may work to address them.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Chicago we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The location is great - right on the river. When you walk into the hotel you are greeted with this great aroma - it smells like relaxation. The lobby and bar area have a modern, cool design. There's a back patio that you can sit on, and walk out of onto the river front. Staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. What do I mean by helpful? My wife forgot her iPad charger, and we asked where we could buy one, and they said "Don't buy one. We'll charge it for you!" And they did! My room was nicely designed and clean. The bed - well, in case you didn't know, the Westin is famous for its beds. Bathroom was modern and nicely appointed. Gym is well equipped with what you need during travel. I don't know about the food, but this Westin is near so many restaurants that food will be the least of your concerns - come on, it's Chicago! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Hello UncleMiltieDC,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note with us. I'm delighted to see that we've earned your high marks and recommendation, but more importantly that you found your recent stay refreshing and renewing.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope we'll be welcoming you back again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for a few nights the other night.

It is in a great location as it's close to the river so to go to all the fun things on the other side of the river is easy to get to, but also super close to N Michigan shopping and all that jazz.

Our room did smell like smoke, which is strange cause there is no smoking in the rooms, there was a ton of space in our room so we were happy with that.

Our view was amazing, we were on the 10th floor, right on the river. They lady at the front desk said when we checked in that they are working on the river and does get loud so if we need to change rooms that would be no problem, but it didn't bother us. It only got really loud after we woke up and we were never in our room so we were happy as can be in our spot.

They give you an option to not have your room cleaned (doesn't change the price which is a bit silly if you ask me), but the lady was always outside of our room in the morning so we could grab some coffee from her.

Lounge looked nice, we didn't go sit in it but it seems nice and quiet.

All the people that worked there was super friendly and helpful, I would stay here again!

1 Thank KQQ
Hello KQQ,

Thank you for sharing the gift of feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke. You are correct in thinking that all of our rooms are non-smoking rooms however on occasion guest's will choose to not abide by this rule and I’m sorry that you had followed staying in such a guest's room.

I am however delighted to see that you did enjoy your stay overall and that our staff was able to have a positive impact on your stay and your decision to return.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Lovettsville, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was at the Westin for 9 days last month for business. My nights were restful and I was able to workout everyday. I Irish dance and the space in the Westin workout room was perfect. Sam, the Manager helped me 5 years ago and was still there providing excellent service and a great place to workout. I look forward to the next time I am in Chicago and at the Westin.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Hello Mary H,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that you were able to have a renewing nights rest with the Heavenly Bed and that you were able to work with Sam to transform your body and work towards your fitness goals.

We are delighted to have been your home away from home for so many days last month and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here for business. The room was really nice and overlooked the river. The internet worked really well. I had a package delivered to the hotel and it was waiting for me at the front desk when I got there.

The only negative is that the service was unbelievably slow for breakfast which was a problem because we were in quite a rush.

I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello rachelia18,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We're proud to have been your home away from home during your recent business trip and I'm delighted to see your stay was renewing.

I sincerely apologize for the delays you experienced while dining with us and I will be sure to work with our Food and Beverage team to address these concerns quickly.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Austin
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Quite happy with our stay, very convenient location with close access to the CTA trains. The 3pm late checkout on Sundays works out great for us since we have an evening flight out. I'll definitely keep Westin properties in mind for future weekend stays.

The only downside was that we were given a room on lower floors directly facing the Marina City parking structure, and we heard quite a bit of noise from our room. If you are planning on spending a lot of time in the room instead of out and about in the city, that would be something to keep in mind. The internet is very expensive at $15 a day.

1 Thank stardream
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello stardream,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I'm glad to see that the complimentary 3pm late check-out on Sunday with Westin Weekend was able to extend your weekend and give you a few extra hours to unwind and renew before traveling home.

I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future, and if you have any concerns at all, especially those concerning noise please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure that you encounter no such issues.