“Chad's wedding”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #65 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Convenient to downtown and not far from Navy Pier. We enjoyed the Memorial Day Parade. The cabinet has overpriced item as conveniences. Would not use those items. Very nice facility. Had 3 towels for 4 people even after asking for more, housekeeping only left 3 on second day.

Room Tip: All rooms were good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello Robert E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm truly sorry to hear of the shortage of towels you experience despite your request, this is certainly not the level of service we aspire to provide and I we will review your comments with our team as well.

I am however happy to see that your overall experience was above your expectations and that you were able to unwind and enjoy the Memorial Day Parade while visiting us.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and when you return to Chicago and stay with us again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me personally in regards to any special requests you may have.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recent stayed at the Westin River North in Chicago. The hotel is located just off of Michigan Ave. which offers great shopping and many restaurants. The hotel is very relaxing. The lobby could be better lit - it's a little dark. The bar is always full and the hotel restaurant can be expensive so i use nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room.

Hello Jmpeters,

Thank you for taking the time to share this note with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm glad to hear that you were able to relax and unwind while you were here with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the windy city!

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I had at one time five different hotel reservations-one could say I have too much time on my hands. After consulting with Chicago friends, I chose the Westin River North for its location and positive reviews. I was not disappointed. Great way to spend the three day Memorial Day weekend, starting on Friday.

The lobby is lovely and peaceful. I checked in early was given a lower floor room with a partial River view. It was spacious, clean with a Heavenly King bed, chair and chaise lounge, which I proceeded to fall asleep on every night. The bathroom was also good sized with a great shower and great Westin bath products. It could use a bit of updating.

The location is perfect-you can walk most places, with easy access to all CTA lines. The gym is excellent with 24 hour access.

I experienced two service glitches: one was having to call for some bath products after telling the front desk as I was leaving. Also when I tried to buy some trail mix the front desk person was unable to scan the product. After numerous attempts, for five minutes, I walked away. Probably some training would help.

Chicago is a great city: Millennium Park, the Art Institute, Michigan Avenue. Take the CAF Boat Ride. Eat at David Burke's. Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hello Brooklyntraveling,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that your recent stay left you feeling refreshed and renewed. We appreciate the gift of feedback that our guests give us as it helps us to keep in touch with our guest's experiences with us and helps us to further refine our services.

It was a pleasure to have you over the holiday weekend, and we hope to welcome you back during your next Chicago escape!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I travel to Chicago 3 weeks out of the month and especially during the terrible winter we just experienced, I always looked forward to coming to the Westin. Impeccable customer service not to mention great location - so close to the great restaurants of River North and also healthy options like Lyfe Kitchen and Protein Bar. Also, the fitness center is very clean and relatively big compared to other hotels I've stayed at in Chicago. Sam G. who manages the fitness center is always so friendly and helpful and will even customize workouts for you/training sessions. I couldn't even book a stay at the Westin this month so I had to book my July trip well in advance.

1  Thank Zayan_2014
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hello Zayan_2014,

All of us here truly appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to pass this note along to Sam as well. We're proud to be your home away from home in Chicago and we look forward to welcoming you back in July!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I will never use another Westin for a conference again. This Westin had the most ridiculous policies about charging us for simply having the pizza delivery person to bring pizza to our room, then had someone walk in on us, during our conference too (January 2014). However everyone one at the hotel was great (including staff). Forward this to your corporate office.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hello Chase S,

Thank you for sharing the gift of feedback regarding your recent stay. In order to maintain guest security and privacy we do not allow non-registered guests onto the guest floors, and I'm truly sorry that this was an inconvenience for you.

I am however delighted to hear that our staff was able to have a positive impact on your stay. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future, and when that time comes I'd ask that you reach out to me personally so that I may ensure your stay is flawless.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights for a conference in May and would stay here again without hesitation. Although I'm not too far up the ladder in Starwood's frequent guest program, they provided upgraded accommodations and access to the executive lounge on the 20th floor. And I didn't even have to ask! The room was nice, overlooking the Chicago River.

2  Thank TravellingFlaGator

Hello TravellingFlaGator,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note and for also being one of our loyal Starwood Preferred guests! It was a pleasure to have you and I'm delighted to see that we were able to provide you with upgraded accommodations that exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Certainly a good experience and the hotel meets expectations of a Westin, including that they want to slap you with a surcharge to use the internet in your room. The Embers restaurant isn't open for dinner but you can eat in the lounge. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is good, but at least when I was there the construction noise on the river was loud during the day and could be heard in the room. That said, the room was very quiet at night. The TV didn't get CNBC, which normally I wouldn't notice, but for a hockey fan during the Stanley Cup playoffs was a drag.

Room Tip: The staff did a good job directing me to the blue line, but the Clark/Lake station is a little hard...
1  Thank MichiganFloyd

Hello MichiganFloyd,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm glad that our staff was able to provide a renewing element to your stay, and we appreciate the feedback you've shared with us regarding several of your concerns so that we may work to address them.

I hope that the next time your travels bring you to Chicago we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back!