“Great location”

Ranked #55 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice hotel in a great location. Was packed with convention-goers. Good bar and nice rooms. No complaints except that the front desk "lost" an important package and our company suffered some consequences from it. Oh well. Otherwise it was a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Hello Amber D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I’m delighted to hear that overall, your stay was enjoyable and that you had kind words to share.

I'm very sorry to hear about the missing package and certainly any repercussions that came from this. Although you've departed the hotel and may no longer need this item please feel free to reach out to me personally so that we can work together to locate, retrieve, and return the package to you should you wish to have it returned to you.

Once again thank you for sharing the gift of feedback and I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Bryan W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been travelling for business for a few years now, and hotels seem to blend into one another quite easily. It is easy to remember the bad, and only the exceptional gets noticed. In the case of this Westin, the room was ok, not the best I've ever had. The shower had issues (either too hot, or too cold), and it was difficult to regulate. However the best thing about this hotel was the gym, and the personal trainer that works there, Sam. It was a particular pleasure working out at the gym, which was a lot more complete than a lot of hotels I've been in. Sam helped me with some exercises, and also with stretching. He then gave me a fabulous deep tissue massage, and told me to come back the next day for a workout plan for my goals. He was personal and friendly, and very enthusiastic. So if you are in the area and use hotel gyms, this hotel is a definite destination.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello ShebaAJ,

Thank you for taking the timet o share your recent expereince. I'm delighted to hear that Sam was able to have such a postiive impact and leave such a lasting memory with you. Sam truly does provide a unique expereince to our guests and helps the every day traveler be able to keep up with their wellness goals even when travelling.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and to be your home away from home. We look forward to the next time we have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

the experience was great, altogether.
Check in at 4Am was fast and easy, room was clean and tidy, but really small.
The breakfast lounge was packed, the servers were awesome and the service provided outstanding.
The location is great, the ambiance quite chilled and relaxing.
We moved to the Hyatt Regency afterwards, that was a hot mess!!!how did we miss the Westin!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ClaudiaRz
Hello ClaudiaRz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience and we're delighted that you did!

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago!

New Paltz, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

From check-in to check-out, it was great throughout my entire stay. The room was clean and nice, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, great location as well. Only thing I can think of is the club lounge is small and snack option is limited.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy S
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hello blueswing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and feedback. We truly appreciate the kind words and it was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Fort Collins, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I spent a week here at business meetings. The room just wasn't up to what I expect in a high end business hotel. An accumulation of little things became annoying. The mattress was too soft and I found myself rolling to the middle and waking up with backaches. The light around the mirror was too weak for shaving or putting on makeup. The low flush toilet always required two flushes. There were no plugs on the night stands and only one on the desk, so it was always a problem charging multiple phones, iPad & computer. Our room had three chairs, so at least we could relax, but they faced away from the TV. The staff was always friendly and sharp, but just didn't make up for the sub par room. I know I can get a better room a block south across the river for the same money or better.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Hello JGrahamK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and the gift of feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that the rooms weren't up to your expectations and that you encountered several issues while staying with us. We will be undergoing renovations in the near future and thanks to feedback from yourself and other guests all of these issues should be resolved with this renovation.

Although the rooms did not meet your expectations I'm delighted to hear that the staff was able to leave a positive impression on you and your visit, even after you'd departed.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. When that time comes please feel free to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure that all aspects of your stay are above your expectations.

Eltville am Rhein, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Westin has modern rooms which are equipped well and clean. The gym is just great for a hotl gym and offers what you need, even if you are used to real weights. The location is walking distance from madison Av and the shopping areas and park. The thing that did NOT convince me was the Exec Lounge. Breakfast good, but the afternoon snacks are just poor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank UHen1
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello UHen1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel's location conducive to your needs. We also truly appreciate the gift of feedback you've given us regarding the afternoon h'ordeuvres so that we may work to improve our offerings and improve our guest's experiences in the Westin Executive Club Lounge.

It's my sincere hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Chicago. When that time comes please feel free to reach out to me personally so that I may ensure your stay is nothing short of exceptional.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you are looking for a wonderful location close to the downtown area Westin Chicago River North is the ideal one...

Also if you are a fitness freak and conscious about working out...this is the perfect place.
The travel light and work out program is great as all you have to do is order for a New Balance kit (shoes, shorts,T-shirt and socks) and use it for the rest of the stay.

The Gym trainer Sam has made my stay a pleasure.... He designed a workout schedule (customized for me) for me, was there with me for a couple of training sessions, and of course topped it off with a free protein shake every time. Amazing experience of working with a personal trainer who has surely the knowledge and interest to make your stay a more than satisfying one...

Cheers ... Chicago...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello MKGovind,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm truly delighted to hear that Sam was able to make such a positive impact on your recent stay. One of our goals as a part of the Westin brand is to ensure that our guests are able to maintain their wellness goals while away from home and Sam, as well as the New Balance gear lending program really enable us to ensure that you're able to.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we'll be welcoming you back the next time you return to Chicago!