“In the heart of it.”

The Westin Chicago River North
Ranked #65 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin. It was my second time staying there. The restaurants in the surrounding area make this a great place to stay. If you have business at the Merchandise Mart, this hotel is one of the finest and easiest to walk to the Mart.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Ben G,

Thank you for sharing this note with us. We're delighted to be your home away from home i Chicago regardless of if you're traveling on business or for leisure. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Chicago!

Bryan W.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here July 25 to 28th, 2014. Beautiful lobby, all quite upscale. The location is ideal, close, walkable distance to what you want to see in downtown Chicago.
The check in staff were very friendly and efficient, as a matter of fact all staff we encountered during our stay were the same. These people know what customer service is, and seem very proud to offer the best.
Upon arriving in our room, we were again very pleased, clean, comfortable, with that hint of luxury all around. They have the best duvets in the business.
I have nothing to complain about, the food, the service, the room ,location everything was simply perfect.
I could go on, but just make the reservation, you won't be disappointed ,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello tlafferty40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. It was a pleasure to have you here and I'm delighted to see you had such a renewing experience.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the windy city!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Perfect location for our short stay in Chicago! We could walk everywhere. Our room was spacious and comfortable and we even got an upgrade to a view of the river! Staff were super friendly and helpful. Would definitely reccommend this hotel and we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toronto_0686

Hello Irish86_12,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us - we're delighted to hear it was a renewing one! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you choose to visit Chicago!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

very easy check in. centrally located in the heart of downtown…The concierge gave us some great suggestions for dinner. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. From the front desk to the bell hop to the the valet everyone was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the river.
1  Thank travelintroutts
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello travelintroutts,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note with us. I'm delighted to hear that our team and our location were able to leave a lasting impression on you and make your recent Chicago getaway easy.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago!

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I am so impressed with Sam Guiragossian, the Westin Workout Manager. He really went above and beyond with me. While working out, I felt some pain in my hamstring. I asked Sam about it and he helped me understand the problem, stretched and rolled me out, showed me website for devices that might help, and even gave me a PVC roller that he had made and got a nice pack delivered to me! He followed up with an email with suggested stretches. The workout facilities at the Westin are fantastic, largely due to Sam!

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello CSS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm truly delighted to hear that Sam was able to have such a positive impact on your recent stay and was able to help you with some trouble in your hamstring.

It was a pleasure to have you and I hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We were on the 7th floor. The room was a standard one. The bed was most comfortable...a king. The room was clean and kept clean each day. The Westin North is near shopping (Nordstroms and Nordstroms Rack, Macy's and H & M). I took a cab to the ART INSTITUTE, but walked back and shopped along the way. The Westin North is also right across the street from THE HOUSE OF BLUES. We had a reservation for dinner on Saturday night. The entertainment begins at 9. One can make reservations on OPEN TABLE. A great little place for food is also BIN 36 - right across the street from the WESTIN. Their hamburger is DELICIOUS. RIBS at House of Blues are great. The breakfast at EMBER GRILL is not great especially for the $19 charge for buffet. The buffet consists of egg, cubed potatoes, sausage and bacon.....fruit and cereal also. Ordering from the menu is probably best. There is Wi-Fi with the cost of the room. But, no Internet room or cafe.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the Chicago River.
2  Thank Starflight
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello Starflight,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to haer you had such a great time during your recent Chicago retreat and it sounds like you were able to see quite a bit of what Chicago has to offer!

We also appreciate the feedback you've provided to us about your recent stay and we always strive to be more than "ok". If and when you return to visit us please do not hesitate to reach out to me beforehand so that we can work together and ensure that your stay is to your complete satisfaction and you leave feeling refreshed and renewed.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin for a recent business conference; my review compares this experience with other downtown Chicago hotels where we've stayed. The location is great, right on the Chicago River and an easy walk to most attractions downtown. The front desk check-in was prompt and efficient. The room was pretty and included nice amenities: a seating area, desk, tablet with Internet connection, and the expected Heavenly bed. The bathroom is dimly lit, making shaving and make-up difficult. The shower is wonderfully nice and lets you choose between a rain shower or traditional spray. The maid services were very accommodating and efficient. Our room was on the north side right across from an office building and we experienced noise at night from the nearby bars that seemed to get trapped between the buildings. In summer, ask for a room on the south or west sides. The concierge desk on Saturday morning was backed up with a line of people/families awaiting service. After a 20 minute wait with no progress in the line, I opted to grab breakfast in the hotel (Embers Grill?) only to return for another 15 minute wait, again in a line with no progress. They need to staff the desk according to this high demand on a Saturday morning. Until they do, get your concierge service on the evening before. About the hotel grill, I ordered breakfast off the menu because it looked like the food on the buffet had been sitting for a while and the price was high. Unfortunately, my breakfast was clearly dipped from the buffet and not cooked to order. Service was very slow, as I had to track down the waiter to get my bill, and again to get my change. Finally, the doorman service here is sub-par. On arrival, I observed a doorman scolding an arriving guest for parking in the wrong place. Then he was terse with a guest who was asking about a cab. And, they do not open/close/assist ladies with car doors. So odd! On a high note, the valet service is quite fast in retrieving your car. Overall, other comparably-priced hotels in downtown Chicago beat this experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south or the west side for a quieter experience. Southside rooms have a view o...
2  Thank coneycoot

Hello coneycoot,

Thank you for taking the time to share the gift of feedback with us regarding your recent visit. I'm happy to hear that you found the accommodations at or above your expectations but certainly disappointed to hear of some of the things you encountered while you were here.

I'd love to connect with you personally about your recent experience here with us. If you have a free moment please give me a call at 312-744-1900 or email me at bryan.williams@westin.com so that we can discuss your recent experience further.