“Great Location!”

Ranked #57 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at The Westin Chicago River North this past weekend and it was a great choice. The hotel is located within walking distance to most major attractions in Chicago. The front desk agent was friendly and personable at check-in. There was a conference going on that weekend so the lobby way a bit crowded but the wait for an elevator was never more than a few minutes. The room was clean and had a nice view of the river below but the washroom was a bit dated and there was very little water pressure from the rain shower head as well as the sink. We walked to the magnificent mile, millennium park, the river walk and many restaurant and bars in the area. A good hotel in a great location. Would recommend for a weekend stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello ljd28,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay during your recent trip to Chicago and we're proud to have earned your recommendation.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Bryan W.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am currently staying at this property . Here is my initial experience..

the hotel seems to be very busy , the front desk were friendly , upgraded my room to deluxe room with river view which is very nice.

however , we waited for awhile for our luggage to bring up , and later I found out they didn't know which one is ours, so our luggage was sitting downstair for over 45mins. We later requested microwave/fridge , that was delivered quickly.

Now the bad part, this hotel has some outdated and dirty issues.

1) Loud / dirty air conditioning vent
2) Outdated /poor renovation - many loose parts ( felt like holiday inn motel)
3) shower faucet leaking and coming apart
4) towel rod fell off during use (the one inside the tub, and hit my foot)
5) human hair everywhere ( found them on the pillow/ headboard, shower wall, bathroom floor ) , it is rather disgusting

This is just the first night staying at this hotel , I wonder if I had made a wrong decision picking this starwood property . The only thing I like about is location and the view.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank draerospace
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Hello draerospace,

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I'm truly sorry to hear that you’ve already had these troubles while staying at our property. It sounds like you're still here on property with us and we would certainly love to speak with you about your stay and to have the opportunity to resolve this for you.

At your earliest convenience please reach out to a manager on duty so that we can work with you to correct this situation so that the rest of your stay is comfortable.

Bryan
Potomac
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Westin. It was my second time staying there. The restaurants in the surrounding area make this a great place to stay. If you have business at the Merchandise Mart, this hotel is one of the finest and easiest to walk to the Mart.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hello Ben G,

Thank you for sharing this note with us. We're delighted to be your home away from home i Chicago regardless of if you're traveling on business or for leisure. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Chicago!

Belleville, On. Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here July 25 to 28th, 2014. Beautiful lobby, all quite upscale. The location is ideal, close, walkable distance to what you want to see in downtown Chicago.
The check in staff were very friendly and efficient, as a matter of fact all staff we encountered during our stay were the same. These people know what customer service is, and seem very proud to offer the best.
Upon arriving in our room, we were again very pleased, clean, comfortable, with that hint of luxury all around. They have the best duvets in the business.
I have nothing to complain about, the food, the service, the room ,location everything was simply perfect.
I could go on, but just make the reservation, you won't be disappointed ,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello tlafferty40,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words with us. It was a pleasure to have you here and I'm delighted to see you had such a renewing experience.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to the windy city!

Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Perfect location for our short stay in Chicago! We could walk everywhere. Our room was spacious and comfortable and we even got an upgrade to a view of the river! Staff were super friendly and helpful. Would definitely reccommend this hotel and we will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto_0686
Hello Irish86_12,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us - we're delighted to hear it was a renewing one! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you choose to visit Chicago!

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 28 July 2014

very easy check in. centrally located in the heart of downtown…The concierge gave us some great suggestions for dinner. The rooms are well appointed and very clean. From the front desk to the bell hop to the the valet everyone was very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelintroutts
Bryan W, Front Office Manager at The Westin Chicago River North, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello travelintroutts,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful note with us. I'm delighted to hear that our team and our location were able to leave a lasting impression on you and make your recent Chicago getaway easy.

We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago!

Berkeley, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I am so impressed with Sam Guiragossian, the Westin Workout Manager. He really went above and beyond with me. While working out, I felt some pain in my hamstring. I asked Sam about it and he helped me understand the problem, stretched and rolled me out, showed me website for devices that might help, and even gave me a PVC roller that he had made and got a nice pack delivered to me! He followed up with an email with suggested stretches. The workout facilities at the Westin are fantastic, largely due to Sam!

• Stayed July 2014
Hello CSS,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm truly delighted to hear that Sam was able to have such a positive impact on your recent stay and was able to help you with some trouble in your hamstring.

It was a pleasure to have you and I hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future!