“Excellent Hotel close to Airport”

Chicago Marriott O'Hare
Ranked #111 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed the weekend for a conference held at the hotel. The front desk was very pleasant and I quickly got to my room. The hotel is somewhat dated but has been maintained in excellent condition. My room had all the necessities including a very comfortable bed, large TV, great desk chair, and a comfortable lounge chair with lamp. There was a floor length window which made the somewhat smallish room feel very adequate with stylish drapes to block out unwanted light.
The meeting rooms were first class and you could get free internet in the lobby which is very guest friendly. Add in an excellent price and easy access to the airport and my weekend was a success.
The bathroom is standard small but fashionably updated. I would highly recommend for the Chicago traveler.

Room Tip: I stayed in the north tower which was very convenient to the meeting rooms.
1  Thank westwindsor
TheOHareMarriottTeam, General Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Westwindsor: Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your guest room as well as the meeting facilities. Perhaps on a future trip to Chicago you can take advantage of our weekend package, with the blue line subway stop next to hotel you can enjoy all that Chicago offers for half the cost. Thank you again for your time. WIshing you safe travels. Dieter Heigl

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Was the best ever! From being greeted warmly at the door, to having elevators held open, to the front desk staff and cleaning staff all being the most warm and friendly and helpful every time you ran into one of them. Rooms were nice, hotel was quiet, except for the bar area which was very lively and lots of fun. This is a great place to stay and I look forward to returning!

1  Thank courtneymccollum

Dear Courtney!
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a note about your stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I am also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, thank you again! Dieter Heigl.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We parked our car at the hotel before a three week trip to Germany. The hotel shuttle took us right to our airline check in. Upon return and after a ten hour flight and the time difference we were tired and ready for sleep. The shuttle picked us up at the International terminal and quickly we were at the hotel. Check in was easy and the desk clerk was helpful and friendly. However, the noise from the bar area made it hard to hear what the clerk was saying. I had noticed the lobby noise when dropping off our car before our trip. The lobby is beautiful but noisy in the late afternoon and evening. We had two connecting rooms and they were very clean and well appointed. After a night's sleep we had coffee and bagels at Starbucks in the lobby and were on our way home. The only regret was we could not stay longer at this wonderful hotel and enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool as we have done on previous visits..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear JackM2006: thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us, I am thrilled you were able to take advantage of our park and fly guest room package and enjoyed your time! Thank you for choosing Marriott! Wishing you safe travels, Dieter Heigl

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I was staying in the O'Hare area after a flight was cancelled. The walk to the shuttle pick up area in O'Hare Airport was not pleasant - it was warm and muggy. Nor was the wait for the hotel shuttle. The ride to the hotel was rather arduous as well - the AC in the van was not working all that well and the driver seemed to be oblivious to the fact that the AC was just blowing warm humid air around.

When I walked into the lobby it was like arriving at an oasis. What a beautiful lobby. I was greeted by Rich - he did a wonderful job getting me checked in and situated.

I was staying with two colleagues. We met at the bar for drinks and something to eat. We went to Brickton American Grill. The restaurant and bar are both modern and well appointed. We had appetizers and meals. I had the strip steak - I highly recommend the strip steak - it was the best steak that I've had in months. I ordered it medium rare and it was cooked perfectly!!! The steak was so tender and delicious - I couldn't believe how delicious it was - I gave my colleagues a taste and they were regretting their dinner decision. All of our meals were good but the Steak was over the top excellent.

Our server was Krystal - she did a great job - she was very knowledgeable about drinks and the menu.

The rooms are newly renovated as well - i really liked the fact that they removed the old tub and installed a modern heavy glass with chrome hinge shower enclosure. Most hotel renovations put new tile but keep the old tub which leaves the entire bathroom looking dated.

Typical Marriott - consistency and homogeneity - Marriott goes out of their way to make sure the bedding room appointments and atmosphere are always excellent.

The other thing that separates Marriott is their spirit to serve.

Another remarkable thing is that you can see airplanes approaching the airport but you can't hear them. We did hear one airplane during takeoff from the concierge lounge after we were remarking that we couldn't hear the planes.

So if you're in the O'Hare area and need a place to stay with a great restaurant I highly recommend the Chicago Marriott O'Hare.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TheOHareMarriottTeam, General Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Mark, we are very sorry to here that you had to be stranded at O'Hare for a night, but I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll recognize Rich and Krystal for the greatr serivce they provided for you. And I'll check on the shuttle AC, thanks for letting me know. Thank you for taking the time to write you note and staying with us! Wishing you safe travels. Dieter Heigl

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went for a weekend seminar for my career and it was lovely. Decorations look very modern with dark furniture and orange/bronze colors. Lovely Conference and Ball Rooms. Food was terrific and served coffee, tea and water in glasses instead of paper cups. Quiet room, fairly large, ice on hallway and I had a card to get to the top floor so I felt a little safer since I was traveling alone. Price was reasonable, checkout under the door (nice so you don't have to wait in a long line) and they held all the bags with security in a special room until the shuttle took us to the airport. I was a late traveler going home and had free internet all day while working in hallway and conference. Lovely newer shuttle bus took me to the airport at 5:45 pm. Shuttle runs 6am-11pm. Then late travelers can call between 11pm-6am and they will drive there to pick you up. Grounds and pool seemed nice and restaurant and bar always packed with happy people. Great view of the city and hotel is on final approach of airport. It was rather exciting to watch the planes going over the hotel especially at dusk. Highly recommend this hotel. Also convenient to take the shuttle across the freeway to the train and go downtown.

Room Tip: Take the shuttle to the Marriot Suites 5 minutes away which is part of the Marriott Hotel and walk 2...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TheOHareMarriottTeam, General Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Kristin H.:
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate all guest comments and are certainly happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Wishing you safe travels. Dieter Heigl

Reviewed 7 August 2014

stayed for a conference ...convenient to ohare airport...hotel lobby is nice/updated....asked for upgrade w/ marriott points/membership rewards; received an "upgrade" to concierge floor but all perks of that floor/ food/ etc not available on weekends??? They gave me a wheelchair accessible room which I guess was slightly larger, but no bathtub/ just shower... hotel staff are friendly....sat by pool but was not relaxing as planes flying overhead were incredibly loud; had to drag pool lounge chairs from inside pool area to outside pool area; I could not have a conversation on cell phone while at pool because every 10 min, or so another loud plane flew by...; Hotel room was decent/ food was actually very good both room service, and in restaurant....Gino's East next door is famous for deep dish Chicago pizza but hard to find even though next door

Room Tip: dont want to look at pool; it is not pretty;
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TheOHareMarriottTeam, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott O'Hare, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Scsod,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and review our hotel. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our services and products as well as the constructive notes. We wish you safe travels and hope to welcome you again on your next trip to Chicago.
Nadia Atanassova

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spent a long weekend for a conference at this lovely hotel which never disappoints. From arrival where my membership upgrade was already taken care of to the service after check out when Lost & Found promised to return a skirt I left behind, everything was perfect. Our room was clean and comfortable, food was delicious, the concierge level breakfast a treat and our room service coffee was hot and prompt each morning. Staff is friendly, professional and happy to make their guests feel at home. Perfect stay in every way.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Amen5: Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your visit. I wish you safe travels and thank you for your business. Dieter Heigl