“Delicious, amazing vegan food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Karyn's Cooked

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Delicious, amazing vegan food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stopped by here for lunch after having eaten out at Karyn's Fresh the night before. The sloppy Jo is delicious take on the meat recipe. The "meat" was flavorful and light. DW had the steak wrap which had a thin sliced tofu-seitan steak that was amazing.

Since we had such a great lunch we returned for dinner. The meatloaf dinner was good and the portion was larger than expected. DW had the flautas. She loved them. What Karyn is doing is amazing! We can't wait to come back.

Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“Vegan Paradise (and gluten-free)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Karyn's. We sat on their patio and enjoyed the nachos, enchiladas and Southern Comfort dishes. We also had a donut, cheesecake and cupcake for dessert. If our stomachs were larger we could have eaten there forever. Our server was excellent.

Athens, GA
“Trying to be something it can't be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We're spoiled living in Athens, GA with the Grit and other vegetarian places, but Karyn's Cooked is a disgrace. The atmosphere is nice and they have a good beer list - those are the only redeeming qualities.

They're reaching with a wannabe Southern food tilt with the fried baskets (bland batter and soggy vegetables), greens (again bland with no vinegar), beans and rice (rice clearly from a bag or box and beans from a can), cornbread (tasted like plastic), and garlic bread (one of the worst things I've ever put in my mouth). Staff was unfriendly and overwhelmed and inexperienced.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I'm sure there are better vegetarian/vegan options in the city.

1 Thank DawgFan
“I would become vegan for this!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I'm a meat eater and yet was excited to join a friend here for dinner. Drink selection was unique including spiced mead as well as non alcoholic beverages. The menu is very diverse and I was surprised so many options sounded so good. I had the falafel and it was out of this world. My friend had the meatloaf which was amazing as well. If all vegan food was like this, I would have no qualms giving up meat! The service was just ok and the prices were not too bad considering being downtown. I would go here again in a heartbeat.

Eugene, Oregon
“Upscale vegan restaurant with excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I took a colleague to dinner at Karyn’s Cooked, one of my favorite Chicago restaurants. It was an easy walk from our downtown hotel. We started with the buffalo wings appetizers, which were tasty. I had the flautas, which were delicious – rolled fried tortillas with a tofu stuffing topped with vegan sour cream and guacamole – and came with salsa, mixed greens and refried beans. This is an upscale vegan restaurant with a diverse menu and delicious desserts that will satisfy anyone. I’ve eaten here a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed the food each time. On the weeknight we dined, they did not take reservations. They seem to do a decent to-go business, too. With our check we were given coupons to Karyn’s Raw restaurant and Karyn’s Corner, which is a good way to get people to visit those sister businesses owned by the same woman.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Karyn's Cooked? Share your experiences!