“Amazing service!”

Chicago Marriott Midway
Ranked #117 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

After flights delays caused us to miss our Midway connection, I called Marriott and booked at this hotel. The young lady at the front desk couldn't have been more pleasant/helpful. We also ventured to the restaurant and had equally great service. After what was a somewhat frustrating day at the airport, it was refreshing to have such a pleasant experience at an airport hotel.

The hotel itself is clean and has all the requisite amenities. We had an appetizer (hummus trio) and dessert (apple galette) in the restaurant for dinner - both good- and ate at the well stocked buffet in the morning. I would definitely return to this hotel should the need arise again.

Stayed: January 2014
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear KEMaki

Thank you for your kind comments - the staff will be delighted. Come back soon!

Happy New Year!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

If you desire to stay by Midway, this is the place to stay. Very clean and comfortable. We also ate at the on property restaurant and was pretty impressed. Very well cooked steak and good service. Will definitely stay here if I want to be close to the airport again

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JayHTexas
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear JayHTexas

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. The staff will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

First thing I noticed when I walked through the doors was how good the hotel smelled. It was this way throughout the hotel, hallways, my room everywhere. The free shuttle was a plus, the hotel common areas as well as my room, the lounge, and restaurant were all modern and very inviting. Everyone was friendly and made my stay enjoyable. My room was large and made officing very easy with plenty of space and relatively fast internet. I would recommend highly for business travelers or anyone traveling to Chicago who wants to be near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed yourself.

I look forward to seeing you next time when business takes you to Chicago.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed here for a “park, sleep, fly” program but didn’t do much sleeping. The hotel lobby and rooms are elegant and modern but the mattress was cheap. The cost was too expensive ($242.12 for Friday night on 12-6-13) given the overall value, there were pubic hairs on the bathroom floor (not ours), and the other guests staying there for a conference were loud and disruptive at night while we were trying to sleep before an early flight. If I can sleep through the sound of airplanes but not other guests, then there is a problem with noise. The shuttle service to Midway Airport and the hotel staff are the only positive experiences here.

Room Tip: There are no good room tips.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while being our guest. It is unacceptable that noise should deter you from sleeping. Also please rest assured that I have addressed the lack of cleanliness in your room.

Please contact me directly on your return to Chicago.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Beautiful property and great location from Midway and surrounding area including Orland Park. Free shuttle to and from Midway Airport. Several properties at this location called Hotel Center. Restaurants within walking distance from hotel. Rooms are roomy and beds large. Quiet and restful night. They charge $14+ per night for parking which is a concern to me. I asked for parking ticket but did not find any other car with such on their dash and I did not hear others asking front desk for a parking ticket. Maybe I paid when not necessary but reception did not advise me what charge was for. What gives? I would go back to property.

Room Tip: First visit so I cannot advise. It may be all rooms are great, mine was.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jette L, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes indeed we do have a parking charge - thank you for understanding. We charge for parking so that we can have security officers in the parking lot.

See you next time.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed here two weeks ago after a particularly horrible flight into the US from Mexico. We were late; we were tired; we were hungry. The greetings by the front desk staff that night almost made up for it. They were courteous, interested in making our overnight stay enjoyable as possible and granted us a very comfortable suite. The person who brought us our room service, Alvaro, was charming, informative and courteous. I always stay at Marriott's when I have a choice and this stay proved why. It is just a comfortable, always predictable and relaxing stay, whether it's overnight or longer. Marriott is my favorite hotel line for this reason. Look under my name and you will other recommendations in different cities for this chain. Kudos to the manager at this hotel for his personnel selections. PC

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade for more space. They will accommodate you when possible.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager6520, General Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. Yes indeed Alvaro is amazing!

I look forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a very good Marriott that is perfect for travel that includes Midway Airport. Stayed here in late September for 5 days while attending a conference in Chicago. Room was nice size; very quiet considering you are only a few blocks from Midway - never was disturbed. Very timely shuttle service to airport - where you could catch the 'L' into downtown. Executive lounge was small, but well serviced; having a Starbucks in the lobby that opened at 5AM was a real plus for those early meetings. Will consider this again on return trips to Chicago - especially if traveling through Midway.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear oldranger81

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. The staff will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Jette

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!