“Just okay!”

Ranked #114 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Seattle
“Just okay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for a family reunion and wasn't very impressed. The service and hotel was just okay. I did not feel like anyone went out of their way to make my stay great. Also, my tv in the room didn't work my entire stay.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. I was surprised to see that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Our goal is to exceed guest expectations and I am sorry that we did not do that. We are always looking for way to improve and will use your comments as a training tool for our staff.

If there is anything else I can do for you please let us know. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
detroit
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is truly one of the BEST Marriott properties out there!! The Desk Staff is outstanding and always makes sure that the stay is the best one possible. Nicole is usually at the Desk when I arrive and always remembers me and makes the check-in process easy and fast. She is delightful.

This location has by far the very best Conseirge Lounge hosts in both the morning and evening. Karen and GIna work hard to make srue that the not only the refereshements served are supurb but also make you feel like a visitor in their homes. They are both friendly, professional and enjoyubale to stend some time with. Gina and Karen remember their "regulars" and always have just what they want ready (for example, Karen rememberd that when i was in thelounge a few weeks prior and had left a bottle of water that i could not take iwht me to the airport. WHen i arrived at the lounge she remembered waht i had left and brough it to me. Gina always has sliced lemons and my favorite Tazo tea there ready as well. While these may seem like trivial theings, they make a HUGE doffernece to a person like myself, who travels all week long ans stays in Marriott properties across the central part of the US most nights of the week.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hi Jodi!

Thank you for telling us about your stay. It is always wonderful to hear that our staff is taking special care of our guests. To us, the little things matter a lot and could be the difference between a guest choosing to stay with us again or not.

I truly appreciate your feedback and will surely share this with all of our staff.

Take care! We will see you next time!
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

My second time to stay in one year. But many changes, no safe in the room which is not convenient . Towers in bathroom not enough. As a Marriott not courtyard Marriott, the no mini bar inside the room which is not accept to me. Check in staff do not check my package is including breakfast and internet and parking until I told her to check again. Most upset part is I am a Marriott member which I have free internet and I ask her about free internet , she say no and after she find out I have free internet and she said she can give it to me for free. Oh this is just an excuse for her careless but I did not say anything.
Breakfast at 9 am still see their own Marriott restaurant staff having breakfast inside the restaurant , I do not know why they let their restaurant staff have breakfast at the same place as the customer. Cannot accept this in the Marriott hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tommyyam
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for providing your feedback on our hotel and I am sorry that felt it unacceptable to see our hotel staff eating in the restaurant. This is certainly not the norm. Each year our hotel takes a week out to celebrate our associates and the hard work that they do. On Monday, our management team served our hourly employees breakfast in the restaurant, Dempsey's. We understood that this may seem a bit odd to our dining guests so we informed them of what we were doing and waited until everyone was served before allowing our employees proceed.

Take care.
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here the night before we flew out of Midway Airport the next morning. I chose this hotel due to its proximity to Midway, it being one of the nicer hotels in the vicinity, and the free airport shuttle and 14 days of parking included with the "Park Here Fly There" rate. There were other hotels that included extended parking in their rate, but only for 7 days and we needed a little longer.

The isn't the nicest Marriott I've ever seen, but it is probably the nicest hotel within a 5 mile radius of Midway and I acknowledge that its primary purpose is accommodating Midway travelers. I booked this hotel not necessarily for pleasure but for the function of being close to the airport the night before a flight, so I was looking mostly for value, safety, and convenience. We had no issues with parking or the airport shuttle, and I felt good about leaving my car and generally safe in an otherwise sketchy area. I wouldn't say I think the value is overwhelming. Our stay after taxes and fees ended up being $286 (which include some overpriced snacks from the lobby). However, I will say that the base rate is on par with what we found from other hotels in that area, so I understand you're paying for the convenience of the location in addition to the Marriott brand.

In summary, I would say our stay was "Very Good" but not "Excellent". I would award an "Excellent" rating had the $286 included something else (breakfast, extraordinary service, etc.) OR if the rate was simply lower. However, I would recommend this hotel to someone staying for a similar purpose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your recent visit. We strive for excellence and feel that anything less is unacceptable. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and will make sure to do better next time.

Take care.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed there for business, in two separate nights, in early May. We booked it through priceline with about half price $65+tax.

The service quality of front desk varies but overall friendly and not rude.

Pros:
Great value if you book it through priceline.
Hotel is clean and nice. Facilities are well-maintained. Swimming pool is clean though smaller (about 10 meters long) than the picture looks. Jacuzzi is nice. Business Center offers printing for free.
Free shuttle from/to Midway airport every 20 minutes.
The location is conveniently close to the airport.

Cons:
Poor sound insulation. You could hear the TV or chatting through the thin doors between the rooms.
Wifi costs ~$10 a day, which is not what you would like to see in a 3 star hotel.
Without car, you might have to walk for a while to reach any restaurant. There is not much to do nearby.

Refrigerator was not provided even though I requested it on the phone. Either they forgot about it or they hoped I would forget about it.

The room quality varies. I have experienced two rooms. One was old with broken faucet and no microwave. The other one was better with microwave but the bathtub was clogged all the time.

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave and/or refrigerator if you need one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for providing us with your feedback. I appreciate you pointing out the highlights and areas of opportunity for us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the many amenities that we offer such as the pool area, our 24 hour shuttle to Midway Airport, and our Business Center which features brand new computers for guest use. I am, however, very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in other areas. We are continually striving to improve our services and amenities. In fact, we are in the process of installing microwaves and refridgerators in all of our newly renovated guest rooms.

Take care!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I just stayed here for two nights for business training at the American Management Association next door. I basically picked the location because it had a walkway to the training building.

I was completely blown away by the service, the condition of the rooms, the staff and the amenities in the hotel.

The lobby was always filled with an appropriate number of staff for any questions. They helped me figure out how to get into town to do some site seeing and also how early to get a cab for my flight home.

Storing luggage wasn't an issue and the restaurant in the lobby has the most amazing chicken soup and steak. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the North Floor three area are closet to the American Management Association walkway.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, however, I believe you are referring to the Marriott O'Hare which is located next to the American Management Association. We are located by Midway Airport.

I will surely pass along this wonderful feedback to them. I just don't want to misinform any readers that might book our hotel based on being close to the AMA. Thanks for choosing Marriott.
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It never occued to me to stay here intentionally, until the one day I was stuck at Midway Airport without a flight home. Loyaly programs do have advantages, I called, I reserved, I was surprised with what greeted me when I climbed out of the cab. Stellar staff, great reception, comfortable accommodations, and the Concierge Lounge was tip-top. I was treated as if I was Mr. Mariott himself...over the top maybe but when you're at your wits end with weather and cancellations you can't ask for anything better that this jewel of a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are truly glad that you enjoyed staying with us. Service is our top priority here and I am glad that you experienced what we have to offer, including our newly renovated Concierge Lounge that has a great view of the planes landing and taking off!

Come back and see us again on your next trip to Chicago!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!