“Chicago Marriott Midway - Communicable Disease Issue”

Chicago Marriott Midway
Ranked #119 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently stayed at the Chicago Marriott Midway and had to request toilet paper for my room 3 times. The pool and spa were covered with bacteria, human flesh, bubbles, and lacked any discernable chlorine or chemicals to kill germs. The hotel also hosted several parties each night in ballrooms and patio which were quite irritating since my room was on the second floor above the patio. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends, co-workers, or families unless serious changes were made to this property. As for me, I will find another hotel for future stays in Chicago.

Room Tip: I would avoid this Marriott property for any future trip.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your response. It was a pleasure speaking with you and am glad that you will be staying with us again soon. Take care.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Last day of our "Thelma and Louise" road trip and my sister flew out of Midway. We spent the last night at the Marriott Chicago Midway. What a charming way to end our adventure. The location is perfect, but this is a classy place. We stayed in 10 hotels - and this front desk had the nicest people. My new friend Nicole was the nicest. Everytime you walked by, the staff greeted us and asked if we needed anything.

The rooms were beautiful, the beds were comfortable and the restaurant was nice for our departing breakfast. The food wasn't perfect, but the kind and attentive server made everything right.

There's a free shuttle to the airport - we were returning a rental car which took about 5 min down Cicero.

And Giordano's delivers, right to your room. A perfect way to end a trip.

PS Even though it was close to an airport - the rooms were silent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

WOW! I had so much fun sharing your comments with our staff, especially Nicole! Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It is truly appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This is a very good hotel, maybe a 5 star but I paid too much for it to get the 5. Overall the amenities are Marriott standards and the location to midway is excellent. The hotel seems new, it's clean with excellent service and good amenities. It's a border line between a courtyard and a Marriott but it has the Marriott price...it's restaurant etc is quite good though but $$$. We used the meeting rooms and they were well managed and the staff is excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and rate it even better if the price was $100 less. It's literally 10 minutes or less from Midway.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joey S

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. We are always striving to exceed expectations. Though we maintain prices that are competative in the market we do realize that different indiviuals have different expectations on price. We are always offering different packages and specials on marriott.com.

We appreciate your candor and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I had a great experience at the Chicago Marriott Midway on the night of July 3, 2014. My husband and I were staying here for 1 night before our 6am flight out of Midway. The room was very large, clean, spacious, and quiet for being in such proximity to the airport. I loved the food options within the hotel complex area. There were several restaurants within safe walking distances from our hotel. There was also a shuttle that would take you to and from the airport if you needed it.

The only minor complaint was a slight bit of attitude I received from one of the front desk agents but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

I would stay here again for any of my pre-flight stays from the Midway airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We truly are appreciative of your feedback. It certainly seems like you enjoyed your time.

I will also be sure to address the attitude at the front desk. We care very much about the interactions with our guests and are continually improving to ensure complete satisfaction.

Thanks again. Take care.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved it the service was great and the rooms were clean and they didn't have that weird hotel room smell and the beds were very comfy and clean a definite must stay if your ever in this area. It is a ways from downtown but not by much and the noise level is non existent loved it here

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and your recommendation! We do have a great team here that is focused on making each and every guest feel at home. I am glad to see that it shows.

Have a good one!

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very nice and clean i stayed here 4th of July weekend and the fireworks were so noisy. I wish i would have known that before booking. Nice comfy bed. I although i wished they offered free breakfast. But my stay was great.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank RACHEL D

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We do have a lot of patriotic people in the area and they do like to show it. In fact, we have had a few people stay with us just to get a good view of all the fireworks in the area.

Hopefully we will get to see you again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Just stayed for a night, but wasn't entirely blown away - thought after we left we may have gotten a better deal at one of the closer hotels, not sure? You are charged for parking, even if you aren't using it for the airport (we had a rental and were driving south next day). The room was nice, the bathroom spacious, and everything was clean. Also, there is a TGIFridays within walking distance if you don't feel like on-site dining. Hotel is very close to airport but you don't hear any noise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager6520, Guest Relations Manager at Chicago Marriott Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Hello,

We certainly appreciate you choosing to stay with us. I am truly sorry that we did not exceed your expectations in getting a good deal. Though we do maintain competitive prices for our rooms and parking fees we want to make sure all guests leave satisfied with their stay.

Thank you for your feedback. Have a happy 4th!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport

Been to Chicago Marriott Midway? Share your experiences!