“Staff Rating A+++”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Peoria, Illinois
“Staff Rating A+++”
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I really enjoyed this hotel, the staff was among the best I have encountered at Courtyard. The property is well kept and clean, the airport shuttle service was outstanding and the driver was friendly. The adjacent TGI Fridays is very convenient and the food and drinks were good. A little pricey, but hotel space near Midway is never cheap....an A- experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank davethefoodcritic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boise
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We stayed here for about two weeks last year when I was in Chicago for two surgeries for cancer. When the staff found out why we were staying there they brought us gift cards for TGI Fridays (which is attached to the hotel). When ever we needed anything special they were so accomodating. I was so amazed and grateful for their kindness. I would stay here again and again. If any of the staff is reading this,"Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2010

We stayed here to have easy access to Midway Airport for an early flight the next morning. The room was very nice, and there's a fantastic pizza place just a block down the street (Giordanos - get the stuffed pizza!!!!). I can't say too much about the hotel as we got there late and left at 5am, but the bed was comfortable! We did park our car at the hotel for slightly less than airport parking rates. I didn't feel totally comfortable w/parking there because it was a huge lot shared with other hotels and a restaurant, but they say it is patrolled by security and we had no problems while we were parked there for a week.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Everything in the hotel was clean, although it has not been renovated since it was built in 1999, so everything looks a little dated.

The hotel is located in a complex of hotels, all about one half mile from Midway Airport. From the hotel room window, I could see three other hotels. Within the complex, there are multiple dining options, and attached to the Courtyard is TGI Fridays, which was very good.

The rooms, like the rest of the hotel, were acceptable but out of date. The beds stood out as being very comfortable, but there was no flat screen TV, and the shower was especially hard to operate. Temperature control was okay.

The service did stand out. All of the receptionists and other staff were very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet is well worth the $10 per person. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate is available in the lobby.

I got this hotel through Hotwire for $67 a night, while some guests payed $42 a night on Priceline. The hotel was charging $139 walk up, per night. For $67, it was a decent value, but for $139, it would make more sense to use another hotel in the complex, maybe the Holiday Inn.

Sleep quality, despite the nice beds, was just average. In this hotel's 11 year existence, the concept of sound proofing has not been learned. The noise from the airport was not the problem. The problem was the constant and loud hallway noise, and noise from adjacent rooms, that continued almost 24 hours a day. Late arriving guests, even those not being loud, could easily be heard at 12 AM walking to their rooms and opening and shutting doors. Guests catching early flights could be heard as early as 4 AM. I could hear every word in the next door rooms.

Overall, a decent hotel, but certainly nothing special.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
IL
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We recently stayed here for just one night as we were in town for a concert at the nearby Toyota Park.

The hotel was off of a main street, back in a little complex with a bunch of other hotels and a couple of restaurants.

The room was OK - seemed clean and bed was comfortable enough.

They did require you to have a parking permit - cost of $10 seems a bit much.

I would only stay here if I again was taking an early morning flight out of Midway, or going to another show at Toyota park - otherwise no reason to be in the area

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Ambler, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 16 August 2009

I travel about 25 times/year for business, and stay mainly in Hilton Family (Embassy Suites) or Marriott Family hotels.

Lobby area was average, not terribly pleasant, but fine. As soon as I walked into my room, I almost did a double take and walked back out. Was #41, which is at the end of the hallway, and not only was it much smaller than I had expected, the furnishing were outdated, drab, dirty and in disrepair. I arrived at dinner hour and was checking out before 7am the next morning, so all I was looking for was fresh, clean, pleasant.

The furniture was so old and outdated and just didn't make sense in the room, the tv was perched on such a low bureau and situated next to the bed (not head on) so it was almost impossible to watch tv from the bed. The 'sofa' looked like worn dorm furniture. Being that I travel a lot for business, I am not terribly germ phobic, but this was the first room which made me feel squeamish. The carpet felt like indoor/outdoor carpet. I had to move the curtain to allow the a/c to circulate, and when I picked up the curtains, they were very dirty and dingy. Yuck. 2 out of the 4 lights in the room did not work, and the other blinked erratically.

The kicker was that the toilet didn't flush. Best part of this stay was leaving for my meeting at 7am the next day.

Understand the convenient location and all, but as there are at least 3 other hotels in the complex, I would certaintly recommend to my colleagues to avoid this one.

Sorry, Marriott, this one just isn't up to par. Felt much more like a motel, and for the same $ as the Marriott Oak Brook (where I usually stay), was just a joke. I'm glad this wasn't coming out of my own pocket.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Napa, California
Reviewed 21 August 2008

We had a late flight into Midway and needed a place to sleep before a day of fun in Chicago, so I booked a room through Priceline, and ended up at the Courtyard. For the price I paid, it was a great value. If I had paid full price, I might have wanted more pizazz. But the room was roomy and clean, with very nice comfortable beds and bedding. I left behind my eyeglasses, on the floor of all places, and the staff was very helpful in getting them back to me in perfect condition. No noise problem, even being close to the airport. Shuttle service from the airport was great, even with our 1 AM arrival. A number of eating options attached to the hotel, or within walking distance. Features I saw but did not use: Nice looking (smallish) indoor pool and very basic fitness room.

• Liked — Convenience to Midway Airport, including shuttle service.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank B_Pope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!