Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsother hotelstgif restauranttgi fridays attachedfree shuttlecicero aveorange linebedford parkan early flight the next morningfly optionhotel with great staffstandard courtyardsmall fitness centerfront deskhotel areanewly renovated hotelmarriott brandstarbucks coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I think this hotel is abover avergae, but I wouldn't say Very Good. The staff is great, we had three rooms booked in our party and we had a problem with one of the reservations. The staff was very quick to accomadate the problem reservation. They were also very friendly and knew a lot about the area. I think the rooms could have been updated a bit more, but all in all I got a good nights sleep on a comfy bed. The bathroom was your typical hotel bathroom with the sink outside of the bathroom. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, our staff really appreciates your kind comments. I just wanted to inform you that our hotel will be upgraded and renovated in 2012, and I look forward to your return. Thank you again for your comments

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Here I am in Chicago again. Seems like I've stayed in hotels all over the city from the far north (Skokie) this summer to the far south visiting a son now living in South Holland. This Courtyard is near Midway in a complex of other hotels that share restaurants, parking and shuttles. I've stayed at 2 of the other hotels in the complex before probably booked with Priceline as I did this one. I tried to book even further south through priceline without any luck. I got a decent, not great, price as many of the hotels were booked this October weekend for the Chicago Marathon. I found the hotel clean, quiet and frankly fine, nothing special. Parking is an additional $13 which stinks since I still had trouble finding a close spot. Ate at Fridays which was fine except they added the gratuity after 10:00. As a former waitress, I would have tipped more but was annoyed at this. Worked out in the fitness center which was 2 treaadmills, an elliptical and some free weights. Tiny, but suited me. No free breakfast but there was a bar in the lobby available. Was concerned because I saw 2 team busses of football players watching film at 11:30 when I headed to my room that there might be some noise but I never heard a peep. Beds were comfortable and room air comfortable even in 80 degree Chicago in October!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback, and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a small kitchen fire in our house and choose to stay at the Chicago midway courtyard while we were in transition. What make this hotel so great are the people working there. It was our home for about a week and they made us feel like family. I would definately go back for a weekend getaway...and will always recommend this hotel to visiting friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask nicely
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The people at the desk were very nice, helpful, and professional, but the room had a noisy AC, sheets looked like they hadn't been washed from last guest, but fortunately we only had to stay there ond night. Thanks heavens no bedbugs!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2011

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding our property. The staff really do appreciate being recognized for delivering the best service possible. I do apologize that you had issues with the linens in the room. I can assure you that I will personally investigate the situation and make sure that future guests do not have similar issues.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

While the staff was great and tried to remedy most issues, this hotel has been neglected by ownership and it shows. However, there are not many options when staying near Midway Airport as all of these hotels seem to be owned by the same group. Way too expensive. Marriott should be ashamed to have its name on this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff. I apologize that you had some issues with our product, but I can assure you that we will adress them. FYI we will be updating our hotel shortly, and would love the opportunity to wow you with our renovated product early next year.