Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsother hotelstgif restauranttgi fridays attachedfree shuttlecicero aveorange linebedford parkan early flight the next morningfly optionhotel with great staffstandard courtyardsmall fitness centerfront deskhotel areanewly renovated hotelmarriott brandstarbucks coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel was great and represented Marriott brand very well. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and the lobby was very attractive.

Room Tip: For my purposes of business travel, the hotel was located exactly where I needed it to be.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Vera,

Thank you very much for the warm comments and for taking the time to post a review! We look forward to having you again soon!

Justin Rodgers

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Friendly service, next to TGI Fridays which served food fairly late if I recall. Did not get to the fitness center/pool. Room was adequate, bed comfortable. It's enough to get by with business travel and convenient to airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you very much for the recommendation and for choosing the Courtyard Midway!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Is located in a huge complex with numerous other hotels, including several Marriots/ affiliates.
Worked well as the night stay before an early morning flight...but would not chose this location for any other reason. The room was very nice and comfortable and spacious. The lobby was pretty much a carbon copy of most other Courtyards we've stayed at, except that the bistro was only open for breakfast, not in the evenings. The great part was that we rented our car from the Marriott next door, so we could return the rental right there and take their shuttle to/from the airport, and save money on the rental vs. renting at the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our facility. While our Bistro is only open for breakfast, we do have a TGIF connected to our building that can exceed all of your lunch, dinner, or in-room dining needs. We also offer Starbucks coffee products 24 hours a day. If you are ever in town for a longer stay, you can take our free shuttle to the airport and get on the Orange Line, which is only a short ride into Downtown. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Midway!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Many problems. First off, it's a Courtyard, so no breakfast is included, even though the Marriott Fairfield next door does. Stupid of Marriott to do it that way, but that's Marriotts' problem, not the hotel staff. Speaking of Staff, the only one worth their salt was the front desk rep Colleen, who had just started. She worked tirelessly to help me and find my items that were to be given to me, yet the managers and other staff seemed to have no clue. The reservation was made a week ahead of time, yet no cards were on offer at check-in (promotionial items), nor till 3 days after my stay had begun. Starbucks staff (in house) in the morning were slow, sluggish, much too talkative, and generally pathetic in their service. After the first two morning tries I gave up and walked to the Marriott next door, used their Starbucks, walked back, and your people were still working on the same guest as when I left!!! Workout room is not only pathetic in its offerings, but smells disgusting too. Is it ever cleaned? As for doing work in the lobby or in my room, the internet dropped off constantly, and the lobby was not conducive to any type of work. Fine if you're there on vacation, but who goes to Midway on vacation? The room size is something that Courtyard has done better than most other Marriott brands, yet not HERE!! One of the smallest rooms I've seen in a Marriott brand, anywhere in the world. Very poor. It would seem the renovation two years ago ONLY fixed up the outside. Money would have been better spent on the rooms, not the outside. Then again, money would have been better spent on changing the entire hotel and staff to a Springhill or Town Suites, as both much better value than a Courtyard can ever be.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank jlrii
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Sir,

I understand that you have an extreme disliking of the Courtyard Brand and this has prompted you to lash out, when you were required to stay with us. I can also assure you that your sentiment concerning my staff and facilities are not in line with what I experience every day, nor from the comments and scores that I receive from the rest of our valued guests. My staff went above and beyond for you on several occasions throughout your stay, which you fail to mention. They take great pride in the level of service they provide and work very hard, putting in countless hours, to ensure that all of our guests have an excellent, memorable stay. We in this industry believe that having a conversation and getting to know the people that choose to with us is not pathetic, but rather a positive characteristic to be emulated and a shining example of genuine care. We are ranked in the Top 25% of the Brand for speed at breakfast and number 9 out of 852 Courtyards, for our staff being warm and hospitable. I am sorry that your dislike of the Brand clouded you from being able to see what, I and all of my other highly valued guests experience on a daily basis from these exceptional people. I wish you all of the best and hope that you find that hotel that is right for you.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Well, let the nickel and diming begin. The lobby was remodeled to include a "Bistro" and the complimentary morning coffee pot was replaced with a substandard mini-restaurant where various small items, including coffee, are sold. Since the lobby connects directly to a "Fridays" restaurant, the breakfast hour is likely the only time they have to get you for a few more dollars. Not happy.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I do understand your frustration with the loss of our complimentary lobby coffee. However, we do still offer our in room coffee 100% free to all of our registered guests. This move is a new standard with the entire Courtyard Brand and is meant to reduce waste and highlight the features of our new and improved Bistro.