We stayed at the property for Thanksgiving week. The staff is friendly and the rooms were kept clean (daily). Yes the decor and carpet were outdated; but, I also noticed that they were in the process of renovating the hotel. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel offered a free shuttle which dropped us off by the John Hancock. We took the metra (a 5 minute walk from the front door) most times to enjoy the theater and other activities in downtown Chicago. For the price we paid, it was well worth our stay. The staff was very friendly & cheerful & helpful. We were within walking distance from some very good dining options in Hyde Park. Luxury, no. But an affordable/comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago Lake Shore is an independent hotel located just ten minutes from downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan We are near McCormick Place and University of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chicago Lake Shore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Lake Shore - Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ramada Lake Shore Chicago
- Ramada Chicago