I have a child at UChicago and I have stayed here twice because of the price and location. But price and location are the ONLY decent things about this place. First stay I could not believe this was a Ramada - very run down and noisy and not very clean. I had always thought Ramada was better than a "no-tell-motel". I recently had to stay again and it has only gotten worse -The blankets had holes, the towels were ragged, etc. We couldn't even find it because it is no longer a Ramada! It had changed hands between my booking and arriving. The desk staff was nice and they honored my reservation -- but I couldn't get out of there fast enough.
I have heard that there is a new hotel in Hyde Park and that is where I will be staying on my next trip to UChicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago Lake Shore is an independent hotel located just ten minutes from downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan We are near McCormick Place and University of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chicago Lake Shore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Lake Shore - Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ramada Lake Shore Chicago
- Ramada Chicago