My son and I stayed at the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel for our recent trip to Chicago. My brother and sister in law had booked the room for us as they were also traveling there. I was a little leery at first seeing as how our rooms were located outside the main building in another building outside. This set-up housed four rooms on the top level and a couple on the bottom I believe. I have to say, it was one of the best stays I have had in a hotel. It was quiet! I loved that! The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The staff at the desk were friendly. The shuttle driver was AWESOME! It was nice to be so close to Lake Michigan and the Hyde Park area, all was easily accessible by walking. I also have to say this, for the two days I was there I somehow neglected to lock my car. (All who know me know I am a paranoid buffoon about my car being locked!) We spent two days and two nights there without me thinking about the car, as we either walked or took the shuttle. When it was time to leave, everything in my car was still there. Obviously the parking area was very safe! I was quite impressed, as in my own small-ish town in Iowa, I probably would have had my things taken. Anyway, kudos to the staff! My only complaint was my eggs benedict in the hotel restaurant. I would avoid that entree at all costs! Haha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chicago Lake Shore is an independent hotel located just ten minutes from downtown Chicago overlooking Lake Michigan We are near McCormick Place and University of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Chicago Lake Shore Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Inn Lake Shore - Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ramada Lake Shore Chicago
- Ramada Chicago