“Wow, what a great Hotel!”

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #43 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I came to Chicago to meet my sisters and we stayed at the Hyatt. The front desk employees were very friendly and accommodating! The rooms were very clean, comfortable beds and up to date. I will stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peggy H
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Loved your feedback of our Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel! We are so glad that you and your sisters had a marvelous girls night out in Chicago and that you chose our hotel to do it at!
Since you plan to come back again, I hope that you and your sisters are all signed up for the Hyatt Gold Passport Program where you can earn points towards free nights as well as other benefits like complimentary in-room internet access and a 2:00 pm late check out, depending on what level of membership you are on. There is no charge to sign up!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Well appointed rooms and a helpful, knowledgable staff are on hand. This hotel is just stepsaway from Northwestern Memorial Hospital and the Magnificent Mile where the shopping is divine~ Looking forward to a future visit to Chicago and the Hyatt Magnificent Mile!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We thank you for your 5 star review. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile has completely renovated its guest rooms in June 2013 and offers a variety of luxurious guest rooms and suites with sweeping views of the city, plush accomodations and the latest technology. Our location just steps away from Northwestern Hospital and University as well as Lurie Children's Hospital, Rehabilitative Institute of Chicago and the Ronald McDonald House make us a much sought-after hotel for visitors coming to Chicago. We are glad that all future visits to our city will be at our hotel!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This was a beautiful hotel in every respect. But the walls are very thin. I stayed a few nights. On one night, a family with two small children moved into the room next to mine. I could hear their every word. The children ran up and down the room, screaming. The next night, a group of party-goers moved in. Again, I could hear every word. They were drinking, making plans for dinner and clubbing, playing with hair dryer, etc etc. What should have been a quiet, peaceful evening was ruined for me. With all the money they spent on renovations (bragging it cost something like $25 million), couldn't they have put more insulation between walls? Also, when I checked in, the front desk person asked if I wanted to pay for an upgrade. If they're so keen on promoting their newly renovated hotel, why not offer a free upgrade? This happens all the time to people at hotels: they get upgraded to rooms that would otherwise be empty anyways. At checkout, I mentioned the paper-thin walls. I was told they could have moved me to another room. Who wants the hassle of packing everything up again and hauling it all to another room? And what guarantee is that more loud people wouldn't be next to the new room? I'm not sure I would come back to this hotel. Too much of a risk with the thin walls. I was on an important business meeting and needed the sleep and quiet to get some hard work done. I didn't expect to be unwillingly made a participant in neigbours' personal lives and (mostly insipid) conversations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for giving this feedback. My deepest apology that the noise from your neighboring guests was a disturbance during the evening. As with other hotels, noise from other guests can create problems on occasions and for that I am deeply sorry to hear. We would be happy to accommodate you with a more secluded room and I would welcome the change to personally reserve a room for your return trip to our hotel. Please feel free to contact me at execoffice.magmile@hyatt.com

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Great Hotel and Staff. Ryan at the front desk is the most professional and courteous hotel employee I have come across in all of my business travels. It was a really neat and fun experience. He really made me feel like I was at a home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile thanks you for your marvelous review on TripAdvisor. Customer service is our #1 goal and we are thrilled to hear that recognized what a treasure we have as regards our professional and courteous staff. Your kind acknowledgement of Ryan at the front desk will be noted at our next employee meeting. We look forward to hosting you again! Please spread the word to all of your friends and family that we are your "home away from home!"

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was such a good surprise. A great clean room, a great gym very complete, and a beautiful lobby with comfortable places. They have a different singer every night. The Restaurant, while had a limited menu it was delicious.
Love this Hotel for business or leisure and will be back...
Thank you Hyatt team...

1  Thank Diego B

Your review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile was top-notch! Our guests have been pleasantly surprised every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night when they step into our Level Two Lounge to hear live entertainment. There is no cover charge and we are already getting rave reviews from our guests. It is our intent to continue to improve our hotel in every way possible. So happy you loved the ambiance! See you next time!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This was my third time u¡in Chicago and my first at Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile. Since now it is going to be my first choice for all my trips to the beautiful Chicago. I used to visit the city for business but is a really well located to combine with pleasure and relax time. It is near to all places I wanted to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DiegoCeron

With a fresh, contemporary design, our re-invented Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile offers wonderful dining, state of the art fitness center and completely renovated bedrooms so you can work and rest in comfort. After a long day, get energized in the well-equipped fitness center or enjoy a dip in our indoor pool. Relax in the bubbling hot tub. We are passionate about making your Chicago hotel experience enjoyable in every way. Our hotel team and Concierge will pamper you with white-glove hospitality, impeccable service and an inviting atmosphere where you can lounge, connect, rejuvenate, dine and sip in downtown Chicago. Can't wait until you are back here for the 4th time!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

From the valet to the front desk to the bartenders to housekeeping to room service, they were all most friendly and welcoming. As we were checking out one of the staff from the front desk even walked and talked with us to the elevator. Now that was impressive. We stayed in the executive suites, and they were incredible. I was not expecting such spacious rooms which were very comfortable with the coolest decor. The auto floor lights were the best. The bathrooms were amazing. The huge tv screens were real treats. The bar on Level 2 was also another treat with the most friendly service. Room service delivered us the best pizza ever with another round of very friendly service. The hotel is spotless and the new Hyatt look is awesome. The only negative was with the long length of time with the valet on the final day for check out. It had been really good on previous other times to leave the Hyatt. Otherwise, I cannot say enough about this hotel. A most wonderful experience. Will never stay at another hotel while in Chicago!

Room Tip: Executive Suite is a must. Like staying in a condo on an ocean front!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

We were thrilled to get your impressive review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile! Each of our 419 guestrooms are styled with a contemporary palette and a diverse mix of textures, evoking a sense of luxury and relaxation. All rooms include new carpeting, wall coverings, drapery, oversized desks and entertainment centers, as well as the signature Hyatt Grand Bed. Our auto floor lights are very popular! It is comforting to know that if you wake up in the middle of the night, the minute you step foot on the floor a night light comes to light the way! I hope that you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member so that you can earn points towards free nights with each stay as it sounds like you will be back to visit us quite a bit!