Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$187
US$277
US$237
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
2,348 results
All reviewsgreat locationnorthwestern hospitalmagnificent mileambulance sirensmag mileexecutive suitecorner kingfirst floorthe corner bakeryblock from michigan avenuestreet levelnavy pierwithin walking distancelight sleeperhigher floorvery nice hotelvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Perfect location. You are right behind the Apple Store next to so many shops on Michigan Ave. The breakfast buffet could have been the best I have ever had at a hotel. The views aren't spectacular, but the location and rooms cannot be beat. Be advised, there was a 75 dollar per day authorization for incidentals at check in. That is something to keep in mind for those who are minding their travel budget. However, I cannot overstate how satisfied I was with the hotel. Great pick!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Andre R
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Wonderful is a fabulous way to describe the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile and we can't thank you enough for your wonderful review! So glad you liked the breakfast buffet. It has quickly become a guest favorite at our new Level Two Restaurant & Lounge. We serve traditional breakfast favorites, fresh seasonal fruits, breakfast pastries, coffee and juice. Whenever possible, we use fresh produce grown at local farms. We like to think we have "something for everyone" as you can also order off the menu if you prefer. At your next visit to the hotel, make sure you try something from our lunch or dinner menu!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Full disclosure, I am a bit of a Hyatt fanboy. Their hotels are always nice, and the staff is always very helpful. That being said I might be a bit bias. We arrived, and was greeted by the valet, and was told to take the elevator to the 2nd floor where the lobby was located. That was a bit annoying, since you had to take one elevator to the 2nd floor, then take another elevator to your room. Seems like poor planning... The desk clerk was nice and helpful, and even offered an upgrade to a suite for only 25 dollars more. I took that without a second thought. Once I got up to the room, the first thing I noticed was the room had a doorbell. How cool is that? It had a large living room with a 50-55 inch TV, a desk with a variety of books, a sectional couch, and a very cool looking but uncomfortable chair. The bathroom was a decent size and had 2 sinks which me and the lady loved, because we always fight over our single at home. The bed was nice and large and very comfortable. I liked how you could get a variety of complimentary items from downstairs to take home. I got some nice slippers since I didn't bring any shoes I could wear to the pool. Barefoot just felt too hoosier for a nice Chicago hotel. Speaking of the pool... it was much smaller than what I thought from the pictures, but it was still nice. I spent most of my time in the hot tub, because after all it is Chicago and I was FREEZING! It was a nice warm temperature, not too hot and not too cool. I find that most public hot tubs are too cool for me. All in all, I was very pleased for our stay. We walked to everywhere we wanted to go, and nothing was over a mile away which was nice. This hotel isn't as nice as the Park Hyatt which I stayed at the last time I was in town, but it was also over half the price, so all in all, this place is a bargain for as nice as it is and the location it is in.

Oh and one thing I forgot to mention that was less than ideal, was how close it was to Northwestern hospital. You heard quite a bit of sirens. They did not wake me up, but I am a sound sleeper. If you are a light sleeper, I would ask for a room away from the corner of Erie and Saint Clair. That is seemingly where they were most often.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dustin O
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for your description of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile as a "nice little Chicago hotel" and for taking the time to write a review. Since you are a fan of Hyatts, I am assuming that you are one of our Gold Passport Members so that you can take advantage of all of the benefits being a member includes. You can earn points towards free nights starting with your very first stay and there is no charge to sign up. Our location in downtown Chicago makes us very sought-after with travelers to our city and many feel more comfortable knowing that our guest rooms are not accessible from the street which is the reason that you have to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and then switch to another elevator to reach your room. We would love to have you stay with us again and hope that you always choose Hyatts!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel wasn't bad but the trip advisor reviews had me expecting more. Looking back I should have realized why every "comparable" hotel in the area was a lot more price wise.

We arrived and there was nobody to help us with the luggage or greet us, which wasn't a huge deal but things were chaotic and some order was very much needed. We hauled our luggage thru some revolving doors (which was not easy) and figured we had to go up to the 2nd floor for check in. Be advised the front desk/lobby is not on the ground floor. Check in was a breeze and we were off to our room. I guess again some perspective is needed; given the reviews I was expecting something else. The room was fine and super clean but nothing special. The issue was the street noise. You've read the complaints about the sirens and while true that wasn't our biggest issue. The incessant whistle blowing by the front door guys [to hail cabs] along with horn honking from traffic seemed endless and was very much audible at all times of the day/night. Our room was several floors up and we were still bothered by the noise.

All the staff I encountered were helpful and the central location is as advertised. The restaurant/bar was underwhelming to the point we did not even try any food. Had a few drinks and be warned, the prices were very high for what we got. I'm not complaining because I expect this but I know it can be a point of contention for some. I prefer more of a luxury touch to a hotel and this Hyatt did not offer that. It's more of a no frills type place but given the price I am sure that's fine for those seeking just that. Next time we are in Chicago we will try another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sjp1
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

We are so sorry for the encounters you described, particularly since we know you were really looking forward to your stay. I hope this does not deter you from staying with us again. Please allow us the opportunity to converse with you personally, and work to regain your confidence. We would be happy to accommodate you with a more secluded room and I would welcome the chance to reserve a room for your return trip. Our hotel consistently receives high marks for cleanliness, customer service and dining options. We work hard to provide our guests with the level of service they have come to expect from us. Let me know when you are coming back to Chicago.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Magnificient Mile during college visits with my two teenage sons and loved the hotel. The location was amazing, the rooms were spacious, clean and overall in excellent condition. The staff was extremely courteous providing us with directions and suggestions of where to visit and dine.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
MJ B, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Excellent location and great service is a fabulous way to describe the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile on TripAdvisor! We can't thank you enough. So glad that you were able to have such a wonderful stay with your two teenage sons when you came to Chicago. We are lucky that with our location we have so many options for visiting and dining when travelers stay with us. Chicago is a big town and we have something for everyone! Since you came to the city in the winter months, make sure you come back and see us in the summer! We have a lot to offer!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel itself is decorated very nicely, the room was, as well. The bed was comfortable. Originally the AC didn't work, but they were able to fix that right away. One issue we did have was that although the do not disturb sign was up, the housekeeper still came into the room to clean it up. The wifi worked well, but did cost extra money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelsaroundUSA

We appreciate your feedback of our hotel and we are glad that you loved the way it is decorated. We have recently put $25 million dollars into the property which was completed in June 2013 and the response has been terrific. Guests as well as meeting planners have been overwhelmingly positive in their review of the new Hyatt Hotel in downtown Chicago just steps from the Magnificent Mile. Our apologies for the issue that you had as this is not a good representation of our usually high quality and genuinely hospitable service and will be brought to the attention of the proper department. We hope you will come back again soon!