“Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #41 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Michigan, USA
“Loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Outstanding hotel with Outstanding Service. Great location.

Room were exceptionally clean, comfrotable. Restaurants, shopping, Navy Pier all right by. Would highly recommend.

Pricey, but worth it, especially if you can get a deal.

Three girls on the town.. and this hotel serviced us well!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor with nice view! We could see the water from our room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Sounds like your girls' weekend was a success! The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile thanks you for your recommendation. I hope you were able to take advantage of the fun, fashion and food of Chicago’s Magnificent Mile which is just steps from our hotel. “One of the Great Avenues of the World,” the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago is an urban shopping and dining experience. An exciting stretch of Michigan Avenue, the Mile is home to over 450 luxury retailers, unique shops, designer boutique, and national stores, plus three shopping centers, including Water Tower Place and 900 North Michigan Shops. Make sure to come back and see us for your next girls get-together! We have so much to offer within walking distance that one trip is not enough!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm a very frequent user of Tripadvisor to make my hotel picks. I read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel and others in the area about all the noise from a nearby hospital. I didn't hear a thing during a two-night stay. When I booked the room, I asked to be placed on a high floor in a quiet room. I was placed on the top floor and though I faced the rear alley of the hotel, that was fine by me. The room is actually quite large. Brand new inside. New carpet, bed, decor, bathroom. The bathroom is very big, large mirror/sink. The lighting in the room is nice, all LED. The hotel has a nice lobby on the second floor with MACs to use the internet, a bar, and a lounge. The concierge was helpful for restaurant choices and every time I went downstairs to ground floor, the valet helped me find a cab within a minute. There's also a Starbucks on the ground level. My two complaints were the price--275 a night, but hey, you're paying for location (you're by the Magnificent Mile and literally 1 mile walk from John Hancock building, Trump, downtown shopping) and Chicago charges like $60/night on taxes alone; and I thought it was lame they didn't have free Wifi. At $275/night, don't try to charge me $9.95 for internet, I'll use my Iphone, thanks. One thing--I didn't park a car. I heard the parking was crazy expensive so heads up on that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank devils107
All of our guestrooms at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile are appointed with one Hyatt Grand Bed® and an oversized, remodeled bathroom. It was wonderful to read that you had a great night sleep while you were here! As you could see for yourself, everything is brand new from top to bottom and everyone has been thrilled with the results. Our guests really like our night lights that turn on automatically when your feet touch the floor during the middle of the night. They appreciate the small light that comes on via a sensor. Another perk is that electricial outlets were built into the nightstands so you can just plug in your iPhone to charge while you sleep. We thank you for the 5-star review!

Pharr
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got this hotel thinking that it may not be to well located, but to my surprise it was in a great location. The service was excellent. The only problem is that it is a bit noisy, even if you stay on the 9th floor, which we did. Otherwise, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: If you drive, get ready to pay for parking. It is expensive.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Our great location has quickly made us the newest Chicago hotspot! The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is just steps away from Michigan Avenue and the Magnificent Mile with all of its fabulous shopping and within walking distance of Water Tower Place for even more shopping options! Navy Pier is nearby as are many charming neighborhood restaurants and bars. Add this to our $25 million dollar renovation makes us the perfect choice when traveling to Chicago! Come back soon!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and I stayed at Hyatt Mag mile recently for five nights.That's pretty long for a hotel stay. We booked a standard double beds at a great rate from expedia. It was far lower than the rate of other hotels at the same class. We wanted to check out a college for my son in Grand Rapids while having a vacay in Chicago at the same time. The location was perfect as it was around the middle of the magnificent mile.
The check in was fast. They offered a king bed suite for usd 50/night, but we refused, since my college kids then had to sleep in sofa bed.
We then went to our room. It was HUGE. There was a sofa and an extra table (in addition to a writing table). I LOVE the lighting in the room. It was subdued but yet enough. There was also abundant electrical outlets. It was clean for sure. The bathroom was spacious and also has great lighting. I only wished that the tub was a bit bigger considering the size of the bathroom. But it was a minor detail. The beds. Oh, my gosh. It was one of the MOST comfortable beds that I found.
Everybody was friendly and always ready to help, especially a man in the concierge (named Bill?) who answered our question about a breakfast place. He explained the location and some more. He mentioned places that are interesting to visit near that restaurant and gave us the concierge name card in case we want to try another place for breakfast (famous for their long wait) so that we'll be given priority seating.
About housekeeping, she always tuck in our beds very neatly and tidy up our room every single day. We didn't try the restaurant as there were an abundant of choices outside, but we noticed that they were pretty full weekend mornings.
This hotel was just magnificent! I totally recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the clinic and on higher floor after I read some of the reviews. We sta...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank minnboulder
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is thrilled with your 5-star review on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that your family vacation was such a success. I hope that you will be back again soon while it is time for the next vacation. When you come back, please make sure to try our Level Two Restaurant and Lounge. The restaurant is opens at 6:30 am until 11:00 pm for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. The bar is open daily until midnight. There are so many choices on each menu to please everyone's appetite. We also have in-room dining if you just want to relax and have your meal brought to you! I hope the college visit worked out well for your son!

Columbus, OH
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a staple of my visits to Chicago. I always reserve an executive suite and the location is perfect. It is close to the shopping, the "L", and anything else we ever need. The breakfast in the morning is always a masterpiece, and I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Make sure you're on a side opposite of the hospital. You barely hear it when you are on that si...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OSUmarx629
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is very proud to say that we have 47 executive king one bedroom suites and 47 corner king junior suites besides our standard king and double rooms in our inventory which totals 419 rooms and also incudes ADA rooms and hearing accessible rooms. The suites are a guest favorite, especially with our repeat travelers. So glad you were able to experience our breakfast buffet while you were here. I will let the chef know that you thought it as a "masterpiece!" That is high praise indeed! We can't thank you enough for your recommendation!

Berlin
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I liked the Hyatt Magnificient Mile because it is not as big as the other hotels 5star hotel chains in Chicago's center where you feel like entering a shopping mall.. Everybody was very friendly in the lobby and reception, my room was fine, loved the bed. Nice coffeemaker and nice breakfast coffee shop right across the street. There is a also a nice, cozy restaurant in the hotel.
Everything is easy to reach, excellently located.
The pool though is very small and no luxury but when you have the chance to swim during the dayit's fine, you get your work out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile hopes that you felt right at home during your stay at our 5 star property! Your kind words were very well received. We like to feel that we give our guests old-fashioned hospitality which never goes out of style and our associates go out of their way to make everyone feel taken care of and comfortable. The indoor pool is small, but feels great especially during the summer months or if you want to do your workout in the water. Our fitness center is located right next to the pool so you have your choice of where to exercise. Come back soon!

Quad Cities
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We visit N Michigan Ave once a year and try a new hotel each time. This was by far our best stay yet. Super convenient location just a block off N Michigan in the heart of everything. The hotel was very well appointed, clean and the staff courteous. You won't be disappointed. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile loves your 5 star review on TripAdvisor. Our recent renovation has been very well received by our guests and we are glad you were able to come see for yourself all that we have to offer! I hope that you come back again and that you are a Hyatt Gold Passport Member so you can earn points towards free stays. There is no cost to join and a lot of benefits! We thank you very much for your acknowledgment of our staff and look forward to your next visit.