“Good Location by Michigan Avenue”

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #42 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
El Paso, Texas
“Good Location by Michigan Avenue”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and 9 year old daughter and I stayed five nights at the end of July 2014. The hotel was very large and also modern. We booked through Hotwire and still got a very nice, large corner room on the 15th floor when we checked in. That was nice because hotels don't always grant your requests especially when you don't book directly with them but they gave me everything I asked for and were very friendly at check in. I liked the mini fridge in the room, the huge bathroom, the extendable flat screen TV and the cool motion sensor lights under the night stands (I need those for my house). Although I got for a room away from the hospital next door and on a higher floor, we could still hear loud sirens all day and night. Consider staying elsewhere if you think that is an issue. The Starbucks on the first floor lobby was convenient but it closed at 9:00 on most nights. Great location for walking along Michigan Avenue and to walk or run to the lake. We did walk to navy Pier but it is about a 30 minute walk. Per the concierge, it would take almost as long if you got a taxi because of the traffic. Need to get a taxi or use other transportation to go to the museums or Wrigley field. A taxi is about a fifteen minute ride to any of those destinations. Due to the large size of the hotel, you don't get the friendliness that you would at a smaller boutique hotel but most of the staff was generally friendly and would at least make eye contact and say hello. Oh yeah, the beds are very confortable too.

Room Tip: Choose another property if you think 3 - 4 loud sirens a night may be an issue.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile features modern and stylish guestrooms, located in the heart of the Magnificent Mile, where our guests can unwind and stay productive. I am so glad that you mentioned our comfortable beds in your review. Our modern and stylish décor is complimented with high-end amenities, including Hyatt Grand Beds® and luxury linens. Our location in the River North/Streeterville area of downtown Chicago is very sought after by travelers. The hotel is surrounded by charming neighborhood restaurants, bars and shops that are the hallmarks of the area's vitality. Come see us again!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
eau claire, wi
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last night. Paid for the bed and breakfast package through trip advisor but... No breakfast. At midnight someone decides to take a half an hour shower and wow that was loud. Clean room and nice shower. The internet was working well so I could watch my show on the iPad. I would not stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n0t_a_picky_traveler
Thank you for your feedback. I can assure you that we strive to ensure guest satisfaction and are working to resolve the issue you mentioned. We pride ourselves in striving to provide unique and personal service in a way that far exceeds what travelers expect. We appreciate your comments so we can help improve going forward.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Within walking distance of so many great opportunities to enjoy all that Chicago has to offer. Excellent service in the restaurant, Level Two. The morning buffet includes custom omelet orders. Will likely stay again on return visits.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Never leave the hotel with our very own Level Two restuarant in the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile which features American regional cuisine & cocktails. We are glad you were able to partake in our fabulous breakfast buffet and that the service was excellent! That is what we love to hear! Our breakfast buffet includes traditional breakfast favorites, fresh seasonal fruits, pastries, coffee, juice and much, much more. For those who just want to order off the menu for breakfast, we have that option too along with our in-room dining choices. Starbucks which is located on the first floor is another guest favorite. Please come back soon!

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent location near Northwestern. Redone lobby and rooms very quiet inside and easy walking distance to Michigan avenue locations. The rooms are all redone with excellent furniture. The executive suites are some of the most spacious rooms I have stayed in in Chicago.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is a dynamic destination to host your conferences, meetings and events in downtown Chicago. We ensure that your Chicago meetings make a statement. Planning a successful meeting at Hyatt is easier than ever when you use our online meeting event solution. As part of our recent renovations, we now have state-of-the-art technology that today's business meetings demand. Come back and stay with us again, but next time for leisure and you will have another outstanding stay!

Lincoln, NE, USA
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I generally prefer to say in small hotels or inns when I travel, but for business trips to conferences I usually don't get any say in the accommodations. When I travel to Chicago for a conference, I'm always thrilled to find out it will be at a Hyatt property. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile did not disappoint during my stay in mid-July. This property has very comfortable public spaces that still provide lots of privacy. Cozy and well appointed rooms. Special shout out for the design of the bathroom in my room with the perfectly lit mirror over the vanity. I know my wife would have thought it ideal for putting on makeup if she had been with me.

Finally I want to thank the housekeeping staff (Neventa?) for tracking down my credit card that I left somewhere in the hotel and sending it back to my home via FedEx. Every member of the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Kudos to them all.

Room Tip: Even though my room was just two rooms away from the elevator lobby on my floor, it was still very q...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile is passionate about making your Chicago hotel experience enjoyable in every way. Our hotel team and Concierge love to pamper our guests with white-glove hospitality, impeccable service and an inviting atmosphere where you can lounge, connect, rejuvenate, dine and sip in downtown Chicago. We thank you for your outstanding review of our property. Your acknowledgement of our staff in particular, Nevenka, was truly appreciated and will be mentioned at our next employee meeting. On behalf of the entire executive team you have our sincere thanks.

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Hyatt Chicago is a fantastic hotel. We stay August 1-4. We met our children in Chicago for a long weekend. I reviewed several hotels before choosing this one.. We booked 3 different rooms all different styles and ALL very nicely decorated. Location is on point... This hotel is located in the heart of Chicago's best shopping district. You have every designer store all of which are easy walking distance. (a couple blocks from Mag Mile) Navy pier is also a short walk. location is simply fantastic. Just a few blocks from the train.

This hotel is very well decorated, modern and very clean ....and it shows. Looks brand new in every regard. I love the Library/business center in the lobby. it is warm and welcoming with a VERY impressive selection of books to read... You can actually borrow a book and take it back to your room... Please leave it at the end of your stay. Starbucks in on the bottom level. We ate at the restaurant a couple times and had drinks in the bar. Both very good.

I contacted the hotel relationships manager before our stay. I had several questions about the area. MJ Butler is the epitome of an excellent employee. Her emails were extremely helpful, informative, and offered suggestions. Thank you MJ for making our trip a success. We arrived to our room to a cheese tray and note from Ms. Butler. :) Room and bed: We had a corner king, but also had a standard room and an executive suite. The room was fantastic and perfect. the sheets were high thread count, and bed was very comfortable. There were nice bathroom amenities (shampoo, lotion, soaps, mouthwash, toothpaste)

We will return to Chicago in the future and will NOT hesitate to stay here again. A couple tips.. Ask for a high floor on side away from hospital. We did not hear a thing. Also take the B line train from O'Hare, get off at Clarke/Lake and take red line a couple stops. It will save you an expensive taxi charge, and the train cost about 5 bucks :) (save your money for shopping) Awesome restaurants in the area, MK, Avec, and the bar at the Langham. Lollapolloza was going on during our stay and the hotel was book, but it was run to perfection.

Room Tip: upgrade to Corner King, Exe suite if you can, but ALL rooms are nice. HIgh floor away from hospital...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I can't thank you enough for the wonderful 5-star review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile as well as the kind words for me. It always gives me a big thrill when I find out that our guests are so happy with our hotel and our service that they take the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Our recent complete renovation which was finished in 2013 along with our great location has truly made us stand out amongst the hotels in downtown Chicago! We are glad that you and your children had a fabulous time and please think of us as your special place in the city. Make sure to contact me again the next time you will be in town!

Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Enjoyed the proximity of this hotel to sites/attraction/restaurant and hotels! The only downfall is how close it is to the hospital and can hear ambulances all day/night. Otherwise, this is a beautiful hotel that isn't afraid to accept children and honors a military travel rate!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We appreciate your feedback of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile. We are so glad that you found our downtown Chicago location to be great for shopping, dining and sightseeing. Families like to stay with us because of our indoor pool and close proximity to Navy Pier and numerous other city attractions, many of which are within walking distance of the hotel. Chicago is a beautiful place to be in summer as you just found out, but make sure to come back with the family at the holidays to see how we do it up right!