“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #95 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I only stayed one night at the Residence Inn. It is steps from the Magnificent Mile and many great restaurants and bars. Check in was great, Valet was very attentive. The rooms were a bit small but thats probably to be expected in an urban hotel. The room however was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast and evening social were very run of the mill Marriott but good none the less. I'd stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

After a week at Marriott in DC I was not looking forward to this. But....
great modern clean room with cooking facilities if needed
Complementary breakfast if needed
Very pleasant staff
Great location byLake
slow lift / elevator
likely to be back

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lindsy W, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We look forward to having you return.

Lindsy
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We loved the convenience of being so close to the Magnificent Mile and staying in this top quality, beautifully maintained hotel. Our suite was spectacular. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hot breakfast was wonderful. We will definitely stay here again when we come to Chicago next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank zeemoores
Milford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Four family members and myself stayed her over the St. Patty's Day weekend. We had a 2 bedroom suite. When we got to our room. one of the beds had stained bedding on it. The duvet cover was also stained. The hotel promptly changed the bedding and all was well. Unfortunately, the television in the living room as broken and none of the tv remotes worked. After a valiant attempt to fix the problem, the repair man had to change out the tv and the remotes were replaced. Having booked the suite for 5 adults and finding we only had one extremely tiny bathroom made things extremely difficult to bathe and such. I will take part responsibility in this for not completely checking this out. The breakfast was ok but the staff was awesome! Location to Michigan Ave just 1 block. I just feel for the money we spent things could have been better.

Room Tip: If booking a suite, make sure you ask about the bathroom!!!! Beautiful view of Lake Michigan from f...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank chickadeenh5
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The location of this Residence Inn is primo. It's 2 blocks away from shopping and all the major bus lines (that I used frequently to travel up to the Boystown area). Upon check-in, I was immediately upgraded to a one bedroom suite when I inquired about an oven being available in the kitchen. While the breakfast was run-of-the-mill typical hotel breakfast buffet, the area was well kept and clean. When I decided to extend my stay in Chicago for an additional 2 days, the hotel general manager took me into her office and personally tried to negotiate a rate for my extra stay. My room was quiet and always well-kept by housekeeping. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lindsy W, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience at our hotel! Location, location, location and as you mentioned ours can't be beat. We are a short bus ride from boystown as well as a block from Michigan Avenue and the lake. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I typically don't leave reviews, however, I felt that I needed to give special recognition to Dino at the Front Desk. He was a pleasure to deal with!! We arrived early into town and he was kind enough to allow us to check in early so that we could get dressed and make a tapping, rather than having to stress about finding a place to get ready. Since I usually use my Friends & Family with Marriott, I was not able to use my rewards, however, he was generous enough to give us an upgrade to a 1 bedroom which was comfortable and very large, checking in on us to make sure we were comfortable a couple of times. We travel a lot and stay at different hotels, but Dino made us feel like home & went above and beyond making our stay comfortable. Loved the location, close to everything and able to walk saving us taxi fare. Was great that they offer complimentary appetizers T-Thursdays and of course the breakfast buffet was nice, saving us more $$.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Columbus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just back from a five day stay in a 2 bedroom suite, same suite actually as our last MLK weekend trip to Chicago a couple years ago. And it's the same: Same carpet, same couch (WHO on earth designed those RI couches and thought they were a good idea? Lousy sleep, lousy to sit on.), same kitchen. And it's not bad! Is it the flashiest RI we've been in? No. Was the staff the friendliest? No, but they were fine. Did the maid forget to leave things like toilet paper and dishclothes? (And why no dish soap or scrubby for your pots, Mr. Marriott?) Yes, she did. Was it bad? No, not at all. The location is great, and I mean great. Loads of space for my husband and I and our kids. The pets were not a problem; the noise not a problem. Elevators were fine. The place was spotless, the kitchen reasonably well equipped, and the views tremendous. Would we stay again? Sure!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family