“Absolutely loved this hotel!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
MINNESOTA
“Absolutely loved this hotel!”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed here for a few nights in early March while in town for a Bon Jovi concert. We had no complaints whatsoever! The rooms, staff and location are all wonderful. Had a great breakfast each day. Didn't get a chance to take advantage of evening meal every night but one night we did have was great also. Pool was awesome and beautiful overlooking the city. Our room was wonderful and also had great views. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location of this hotel is perfect for sightseeing. We would just walk a couple blocks and catch a trolley for sightseeing. Within walking distance of great places to eat for all budgets, drugstores and whatever else you would need. This would be the only place we would stay if we get the chance to come back to Chicago.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 25 March 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review and kind comments. I love to see reviews from people who clearly made the most of what Chicago has to offer. I hope you enjoyed the concert too.

Thanks again,

Homewood Suites Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My husband and I took our 7 year old to chicago for spring break. From check in to breakfast to the delicious dinner that is included in the rate I was impressed with the hotel. I can't see how they make any money with all the great amenties they give out. Not only was dinner good but there was free beer and wine too! We couldn't get the sofa bed to go back in the couch and I told a housekeepr just for their knowledge. The gm called my room and told my husband he was taking care of charges bcause we did not have 100% satisaction. We didn't allow him to do it because everything was perfect and it would not be fair to the employees counting on those dollars. Great stay!

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the value that we offer. I hope that your daughter enjoyed Chicago as well.

Thank you again and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Edgewood, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I rarely write a review on a hotel - well, other than my personal hotel blog. But the Homewood Suites in Downtown Chicago was such a pleasant stay that I decided to make this one my first official TripAdvisor review.

I was in town (my first time to Chicago) for a conference and chose the hotel mostly because I could cut my business cost with the complimentary breakfast. I was also pleasantly surprised to find the hotel also had a dinner as well! The breakfasts, while quite crowded were well staffed and very well prepared. We especially enjoyed visiting with the always cheerful and helpful Connie each morning.

From start to finish I was pleased with this stay. The front desk clerks were just delightful (Starr was wonderful!) and extremely helpful. If I had to register one less than perfect aspect of our stay it would be with the strange occurrence each evening on our wireless internet. It kept kicking us off and asking us to sign in with the Hilton Garden Inn. Of course we couldn't sign in at that hotel, so we had to keep logging in and out until it recognized us at the Homewood Suites. Inconvenient, but not a real problem.

We slept well, we dined well, and we will chose this hotel again if we return to the Windy City!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. Thank you also for the specific mention of some of our team members. That really means a lot to them.

Thank you for pointing out the problem you had with the high speed access. I will look into the cause of that.

I do hope you consider us for future visits.

Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Extremely clean, large suite (much larger than Embassy Suites), great location, wonderful staff, and a very good price (much cheaper than Embassy Suites). I'll return to this hotel every time I travel to Chicago.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. Our staff really works hard to make everyone's stay amazing. I'm glad you left feeling that way.

I hope we do have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 21 March 2011

We were very impressed with every single person on the staff of this hotel. From the gentleman who brought us menus, an extra chair, etc etc to the courtly and charming doormen, Steve and Abdoul who deserve special mention for their many kindnesses and courtesies this past weekend. It was ladies weekend in Chicago and after a previous stay at a different hotel we will definitely make the Homewood Suites our go-to hotel for future visits.

The room itself was comfortable if consistently too warm despite having turned the heat off. It is also true that the weather was very mild, so an open window solved most of that problem. We enjoyed the hot breakfast buffet both Saturday and Sunday--nothing special but a good way to start the day in a rather expensive city. They had several fruit options both times, another plus.

Bathroom toiletries were Neutrogena, and there was a sufficient supply for three women.

A block or two from pretty much everything you might want to do, see, eat or shop. And we had an extra treat--the Florida State team was staying one block over, and we got to see them get on the bus for their Saturday game!

Loved the staff, from the front desk to the valet attendants--we had a great time!

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm glad the ladies weekend was a success. i really like reading reviews like yours when someone really enjoyed Chicago.

Thank you also for the special mention of a few of our team members. I will certainly pass that along.

Zama, Japan
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Last year some friends and I had a Chicago weekend and stayed at the Embassy Suites. Nice enough....pricey. This year, we decided to go again, and I found the Homewood Suites on TripAdvisor. The staff was fabulous, very friendly and helpful (especially Steve and Abduo, the valet guys). The room was larger than the one we had stayed in at the Embassy Suites. It was clean and well supplied with a kitchenette. The location was perfect, right downtown... walking distance from just about anything. Breakfast was great each morning. And, our weekend stay was about $300 less for a 2 night stay than at the Embassy. We know where we'll be staying next year.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for the kind comment. It is always nice to hear that people want to return because we would love to have you. I hope you had a great time in Chicago

Thank you again.

The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2011

We came to Chicago over spring break and picked this hotel because of its close location to the red line and the free breakfast. The kids slept on the pull-out couch and the parents in the king size bed. We didn't know about the free dinner on M-Th until we got there. It ended up being quite a deal.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for completing a review of your stay. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of our value.

I do hope you will consider us for future visits.