I stayed here for two nights with my husband and two teens in a king suite in July on our whistle stop visit to Chicago. We loved Chicago and all thought this was an excellent hotel and would not hesitate to recommend it.
Hubby and son slept on the sofabed and the girls had the king bed and everyone was very satisfied with the comfort of both of them. It was great to have the kitchen but we only made use of the fridge for drinks and the hob for a cuppa.
The location is excellent within close proximity of mag mile. We'd purchased transport passes for the duration of our stay (the subway is literally across the street) but mainly walked everywhere to get the feel of the city.
There were loads of eating options close by and I must mention Froyo which we happened upon nearby with it's numerous flavors and topping, us Brits were in heaven as our few
frozen yogurt outlets run to four flavors usually at the most.
Breakfast in the hotel was excellent if not a little busy with the staff working extremely hard to clear and clean tables. The managers reception was running on one of our nights and is a great money saver if you are on a budget.
Our kids loved the pool and went for a swim on both nights, they also loved the hot chocolate from the drink station near reception.
As others have said the lifts are slow because there are only two but for the bang you get for your buck at this hotel this was a very minor drawback.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Homewood Suites
- Chicago Hilton