“Return Customer”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My weekend stay was great. The staff was very helpful and the stay was very enjoyable. The view from the room was also great, especially at night. I was centrally located and was close to a number of restaurants. I would definitley utilize this hotel again when I visit Chicago for either business or leisure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Tiffany F,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the very helpful staff that made your visit with us enjoyable. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My class stayed there for a seventh and eigth grade trip. We were there for 3 days and 2 nights and while we were there I enjoyed every minute of it. Everything worked, everything was clean, and the employees were so generous and kind to the guests. The pool was amazing, and the floor we stayed on (10th floor) was very quiet. The breakfasts was probebly the best out of everything. I love the waffles! My overall most favorite thing about the hotel was definantly the pool. One thing I am a little concerned about was the dinner. When we were there for the 1st night, the dinner was a little off. By that i mean when we got there, there was nothing left for dinner. Everything was gone and they didn't refill it. Other than that I would DEFINANTLY stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Emily W,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you and your class enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. It seems like you all spent a lot of time having fun in the pool. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

Reached the hotel easily from Midway Airport with Orange Line and Transfer to Red Line...$2.25 each. Comfortable kitchen, living area and king bed with breakfast AND dinner provided. Walked to EVERYTHING. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Codyyrbk,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad to see that you were able to walk everywhere you desired to go and that you took advantage of so many of the amenities we offer our guest such as the breakfast and dinner. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights in april this year while meeting family. The suite was spacioud and clean. The kitchen facilities were adequate, but the view across the city was spectacular. The breakfast was good with plenty of choice, but it did run low quickly as there was lots of guests. The staff were excellent from the porters to the desk staff: very impressive. It was a pleasure to stay here.

Andrewtaylor1971,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I was glad that your family was able to enjoy the incredible view of the city from your suite. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a very good property. My room was clean, and everything worked fine. You can tell someone is paying attention with details like new tv remotes.

The AC system is quiet. There is no safe in the room.

Breakfast is typical and the breakfast area was large and well kept. I went down for the reception at dinner time expecting wine and appetizers, but found buffet 'dinner' - I would skip this...

Room Tip: Be aware that there is a 13th floor, in case this matters for you...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Claude D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was happy to see that you felt Homewood Suites was a very good property. I will let the Housekeeping team know that you appreciated all of their efforts and attention to detail. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Hello All, My friend and I stayed here for girls weekend and it was one of the best experiences in a hotel we have ever had, rooms are spotless, and the service was excellent!!!! Amer and the guys in Valet are the best!!!! very curtious and the ladies at the front desk are just as great, so friendly, so helpful anytime we needed help or had a question- they hooked us up with tours and directions- always correct by the way!!! the catch your taxi for you and hold doors and we always got a "good morning" i will return to this hotel whenever I stay in Chicago!!! thanks for making out girls weekend perfect!!! we will be back!! Sincerely Rhoda and Sheila, the 2 girls from MN w the Ford 500!!

Room Tip: Great rooms!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Rhoda B,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you felt Homewood Suites was a great place to stay. I was proud of the entire team to see that you and your friends had one of the best experiences in a hotel; I will pass-along your compliments to everyone. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Everything about this hotel was perfect. From the complimentary breakfast to the welcome home dinner/drinks (Monday thru Thursday) it was fabulous. The food was always excellent! The front door staff was extremely helpful and friendly every time we entered as well! The staff was always helpful. I booked a one night package for my daughter for the American Girl experience and when she didn't receive the cookies when she was suppose to get them (she did get them at a later time) the front staff graciously compensated me with a free gift card of my choice. I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with a family or alone. I would come back again and again. Also, the location of this hotel was excellent. One block west of Michigan Ave. and 6 blocks west of Navy Pier. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Casey G,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family had the best experience ever at our hotel. I hope your daughter enjoyed the American Girl Amenities and the visit to the store. I appreciate you taking the time to recommend our hotel to anyone traveling to Chicago. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.