“Chicago Trip”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We would like to thank all the excellent staff at Homewood Suites. They spent time telling us of places to go to eat as well as sightseeing highlights in Chicago. Amer greeted us upon arrival with a " Happy Sunday Good Morning". His staff couldn't have been more helpful. Alfredo, in the dinningroom, was so pleasant to talk with. The rooms were more than we had expected in size and amenities. Hotel location is the best. The price of the room, which included breakfast and weeknight dinner, was so reasonable for a downtown location in a major city. Linda and Bob

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Bob H,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you felt we have an excellent staff at Homewood Suites. I see that you were able to take advantage of the spacious suite and the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I recently visited Chicago for the very first time for my 25th birthday. Coming from Kentucky, I assumed that all residents of Chicago were going to lack the philosophy of "southern hospitality." I assumed wrong. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Amer who graciously assisted us with our bags and even let us park for a half hour at no cost. As soon as we checked into our room, I was greeted with a happy birthday phone call from Amer. The suite was great, the front desk was super nice, and the continental breakfast had everything we needed, You would not think we had a smoking room, because it smelled so fresh. During our checkout, the concierge (led byAmer) let us keep our bags there all day so we wouldn't have to tote them around downtown. They even kept our pet turtle we had bought in Chinatown safe and tagged until we got back. Although this hotel is designed for people on business trips, we could not have felt more welcome as tourists.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda R

Amanda R,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It made me happy to see that you were treated with “southern hospitality” throughout your visit with us. I was glad that you and your friends enjoyed your 25th Birthday Trip to Chicago! If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Roomy, friendly hotel offering free breakfast every morning and Manager's reception weeknights. Every room has full-size refrigerator, microwave and stove top. Staff is very helpful and on a busy street, so you will feel safe walking to and from the hotel day and night. Small indoor pool which is good for kids, but not lap swimming.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

EmilyShek,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you found good value throughout your experience at Homewood Suites. I also see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, and in-suite amenities. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This has been our second time staying here and definitely not our last. We love the location and the rooms are great. They come so well equipped and one great bonus an ice maker in your room, no running out of the room for ice in this hotel :) the staff are wonderful and help with everything. The breakfast is delicious and the array will keep anyone happy, you won't go away hungry that's for sure.Don't miss out with staying here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marigold31
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Marigold31,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. It made me happy to see that you had such a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of the breakfast we offer and the location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I am a Hilton grand vacation club member with ownership in Hawaii. I visited several hilton hotels in the area, explaining to the staff that I wanted to have a sleepover party for my daughter who was turning 13. After visiting many hotels in the downtown Chicago area, I knew Homewood suites was the place we would stay. Some of the other hotels had an impressive lobby or front desk area but it felt cold and uninviting. The staff at Homewood suites was so delightful and the lobby and front desk area had a warm and fuzzy appeal. We stayed in this hotel for my daughter's 13th birthday party sleepover. I had about twelve 13 year old girls and the staff was fabulous to me and to all of the girls during our stay. I needed a large room for 12 girls to stretch out on the floor with their sleeping bags and the first room was too small so they changed my room with no hesitation. While waiting for each of the girls to arrive to the hotel we were in and out of the lobby many times and each time the door was held open for us and we were greeted with a pleasant smile. The staff was very friendly and even inquired about our stay and wished my daughter happy birthday even one of the staff shared with us that they had just celebrated a birthday. Some of our guest arrived late to the sleepover and our guest were promptly directed to the front desk and the front desk called us right away to inform us we had guest in the front desk area. Our guest did not have to wait to be helped. In the morning for breakfast, since we had such a large group, made sure that we sat in one of the unused conference rooms to make sure that our group could sit together. We saw them do this with other large group that morning, as well. The breakfast was delicious and it was plenty of food. The hotel ran out of nothing and at no time were you waiting for them to bring out more of something before that item of food ran out the staff was already there to put out more. I believe the girls and I enjoyed their breakfast potato hash browns the best. It is true what their advertisement says that you will feel right at home and I did and so did all of the girls. I would highly recommend this hotel. The service at Homewood suites is the best!!

Room Tip: Ask can you view the room first before you check in the front desk is more than happy to accommodate...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Louiza W,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you, your daughter, and her friends had a wonderful experience at our hotel for her 13th birthday. I see that you all took advantage of the spacious suite and the breakfast we offer. I appreciate you mentioning the delightful and friendly staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Pros - Good location - Bellman knows lots - Front desk w/ good service Cons - Room quality: sink clogged, heating/cooling system doesn't work properly. - Housekeeping doesn't come by on a daily basis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very pleased with my recent stay. Would stay here again. Location is excellent. Just a few blocks from the Magnificent Mile. Many restaurants within easy walking distance. Grocery store 2 blocks away. Friendly staff. Room was very quiet. Comfortable bed. Good, free, WiFi (no problems streaming NetFlix). TV with HDMI inputs. Excellent water pressure. Room did not have a safe. Reasonable exercise room. Nice pool. Coin operated laundry on 7th floor. If you are a non-smoker make sure you get a non-smoking floor. The 7th floor is a smoking floor and the stale tobacco odor is very evident in the hallways. Breakfast daily (usual fare - bread, bagel, danish, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, eggs (reconstituted), make your own waffles) and light dinner during the week (with beer and wine!). Main unexpected issue was that there are only 2 elevators and usually need to wait for one. Stairs are not a great option as the reception floor is on 6, rooms start on 7. Between ground floor and 6 is the garage so if you don't want to wait for the elevator be prepared for quite a bit of walking. Also make sure to check room prices as they can fluctuate significantly. Made reservation 2 months in advance (was going to a convention) and the price dropped 3 times from the time I made the reservation to the day before I arrived. Hilton does not notify you that the room price has dropped and the reservation line does not tell you either (I had to ask to have my rate adjusted). After asking they changed the nightly fee without issue.

Room Tip: Avoid the smoking floor if you are non-smoker. Ask for room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo