“Great Place To Stay In Chicago”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #50 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This hotel is hands down my favorite hotel to stay at when I am traveling. They cover everything from making sure you truly feel that home away from home feeling, to the small things. You will never experience customer service like the great folks in the dining area. The ladies on the mourning breakfast staff make you feel right at home, and the gentlemen in the evenings make sure you always have a full beer and never let you fill your own.
One of my very favorite parts about this hotel is the bell service. Amer can wave down a taxi like no other in this city. He never lets you load your own bag, always greets with a good morning and asks how you are.
It's the small things within this hotel that really boost them above and beyond. This is why people from our company have been coming to this hotel for over 15 years.

1  Thank Nicholas J
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Nicholas J,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your visit to Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It made me proud to see that you experienced great customer service and felt right at home. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent 4 nights here over our daughter's fall break. The location is great - close to the Mag Mile, next door to the original Unos.

Breakfast was good and the evening meal was a nice alternative to spending major cash at every meal.

Amer and his coworker (Noah?) were very helpful with directions, hailing cabs, advice on local places. Outstanding service that made everything much easier.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tenngreg

Tenngreg,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the breakfast we offer and evening Manager’s Reception. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This property will not disappoint if you want to be "in the heart of it all" in downtown Chicago. It is located steps from the Mass Transit station (the "L"), and is walking distance to a number of attractions and great restaurants in the downtown area.
We will definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rodinojai

Rodinojai,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was happy to see that you had such a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the location of the property visiting the many attractions and restaurants downtown Chicago has to offer. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to town, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Lot's of positives to staying at the Homewood Suites in Chicago. Can't beat the location...in walking distance to everything! We were in Chicago for a week so it was nice to have a full kitchen in the room. Hot breakfast in the morning was nice, however...call me old fashioned but since when did it become acceptable for guests to wander the hotel and come down for breakfast in their pajamas and bed-head?! Beware of the breakfast line on weekend mornings though...crazy! Mon-Thursday dinner was a great perk as well. Great view on the top floor gym...treadmills were nice. The bell staff was excellent, always at the ready with directions, and help getting a taxi. They always gave a personal greeting as we came and went throughout our stay. Noah the Bellman took care of our bags as we checked in, offered advice on our walking route to the business conference my wife was attending, and served as a great resource during our stay. the bell desk guys on the way out were excellent as well. Housekeeping was good at honoring my requests to clean the room during certain time frames. The only negative...no safe deposit boxes in the hotel rooms. Other than that...a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Best to get a higher floor...lots of street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Bixbiderbecke,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had such a great experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I also see that you made use of the full in-suite kitchen, breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team for their helpfulness and attentiveness. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here this weekend with 2 kids for a quick trip to Chicago. The location is perfect, just a short block from the Red line on the CTA and within easy walking distance of the Mag Mile. I found the staff extremely helpful about how to get places on the CTA and wherever else we needed to go. We asked for extra bedding for a pallet on the floor (the kids are a boy and girl and couldn't share the pullout couch) and towels. Both were brought promptly. The breakfast was excellent (except there were no grits!). The Wi-fi didn't seem to connect to my phone very well. The pool was small, but adequate. I never used the gym, but it had treadmills and other equipment which would have great. The only thing I didn't like about the gym was there was only glass separating the pool from the gym, and I don't know that I really like the gym that visible. I would definitely recommend the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Bhampat,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and pool. I appreciate you mentioning the extremely helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and when I say its feels like home, I meant it. As the door is opened you see the familiar faces like Amer and his team, and even though thousands of faces have passed he remembers you. You feel welcome.

Checking in and getting your room is done with clean efficiency, even when there is a crowd.

Finally to your room which is spacious, clean and well serviced. In fact they actually have hi-def on the TV's not some stretched our picture; my pet hate.

They have a great breakfast, and those nights you do not wish to see the town, there is a pleasant dinner available most nights.

When you leave again, you pass through the entrance where before you get a chance the door is opened by Amer and his team. If you have a car parked with them it is ready and waiting, if you need a taxi you get Amer; rain snow or shine, jumping into the traffic with his whistle pulling one out of chaos of the Chicago traffic. Dedicated to service as only the Hilton chain can provide.

I would recommend this Hotel to any one visiting Chicago. You are within walking distance of the finest restaurants, shops and the river.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Alan M,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was elated to see that you felt at home while at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I also see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as the breakfast, dinner, and in-suite amenities. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago with a group of 96 people this week. The staff is very courteous and efficient. Checking into a downtown property with 96 people is not an easy task. Usually the handling of luggage is a nightmare. But they did an excellent job with only a couple of glitches (same last names on tags)

For the price I could not find a better location....a block and a half off of Michigan Ave. short walk to the Navy Pier......numerous flagship restaurant locations within a block or two...and shopping? Numerous vertical malls withing a block provide shopping opportunities to die for.......

The rooms are all suites (real suites with separate bedrooms and baths) and very spacious. Usually when taking large groups to Chicago or NYC, you can count on having SMALL rooms. and tiny bathrooms. ( imagine 3 women in one room trying to get ready for an event) no problem here.

They provide a complimentary hot breakfast and M-Th a evening meal with drinks.

I can assure you my Chicago groups will be staying at the property in the future.........

Catfan_Caravan,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. We enjoyed having you all as our guests at the hotel. It made me happy to find out that you all had a wonderful experience while staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the courteous and efficient staff; I will pass-along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time your group is in town.