“Great stay, close to shopping”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This hotel was perfect for our stay. Walk across the street and you are in Nordstrom. Walk out the front of Nordstrom and you are on Michigan Ave and all the great shopping. Adorable American Girl Doll package. Lots of restaurants around.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Rebecca E,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. I can see that you were able to get a lot of shopping done visiting Michigan Avenue and Nordstrom. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,816)

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We are visiting from Indonesia, and have stayed in Homewood Suites Chicago for a week. The food was great, location is perfect, facilities are excellent, and the room is very spacious and clean, the bed is very comfy, And the staff were great, from the front desk, the bell boys, and the room service were very friendly, especially the lady we were acquainted, her name was Manna Vargas, was very very nice. We definitely recommend this hotel, and will come back and stay here again. thank you

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Ryan S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience at Homewood Suites. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the spacious suite and the location of the hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the very friendly staff and for singling out Maria Vargas. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Excellent location, excellent rooms and the most fantastic staff I have ever come across on our holidays to USA. They were exceptional. The breakfasts were are a good start to the day and the pool on the 19th floor was great for either an early morning or late evening swim. It was always empty during our stay Oct/Nov. We asked for a corner suite and the view at night was amazing! The chamber maid Marianna did an excellent job. We loved our stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an extra window so more to see!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dollyduo44

Janet F,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you mentioning the fantastic staff and for singling out Marianna in the Housekeeping department. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

From the front desk to the valet to the woman serving at breakfast, the staff at the Homewood made dwell welcome and provided outstanding service. Mr. Amer greeted me every morning with a smile a quickly called a taxi for me, allowing me to spend minimal time in subzero temps. Lorena at the front desk was able to accommodate all of my requests and had some great restaurant recommendations! Connie always greater me with a smile and laugh at breakfast and made me feel welcome with friendly conversation. Thank you staff of Homewood. I will definitely be staying here whenever possible!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Ashli8

Ashli8,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was very happy to see that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the outstanding service you received from our staff and for singling out Amer, Lorena, and Connie. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I loved the location - close to shopping, a choice of restaurants, and even a movie theater - and the staff was great. I had a room on the top floor (19th) and enjoyed the view. The exercise room was also on the top floor and offered a great view of the city while working out. There was also a pool which I'll need to take advantage of next time I stay there.

My room was very clean and had a lot of nice amenities in the kitchen. I liked the abundance of plugs for my computer and chargers. The bed was really comfy.

I had a little surprise one morning with a window cleaner dangling outside, but that's why you keep your curtains closed!

I'm definitely staying here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better, but all sides of the hotel have good city views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Blueiii,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the fitness center, in-suite kitchen, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

This hotel is centrally located, just a block off the magnificent mile and a block from the Grand red line stop. You can get anywhere very quickly. The rooms are suites with a kitchen, bedroom and living room. The kitchen which makes it nice for leftovers from the many area restaurants you will want to try. There is a nice breakfast everyday with make your own waffles (this area can sometimes be chaotic with rookie waffle makers!), pastries, bagels. yogurt, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, a breakfast meat that changes and a potato that changes. They also serve dinner and drinks during the week. It was also nice to have coffee and tea always available in the lobby. It was a cold week and this was a nice stop on the way up to the room. The staff is very nice and really seem to care that you enjoy your stay. There is a nice but small pool on the 19th floor, stocked with towels. It is a great view while swimming. This is one of our favorite places to stay in Chicago for the location, extra touches and value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clevelander4

clevelander4,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you found value at our hotel. I can see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the in-suite kitchen, complimentary breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. I appreciate you mentioning the nice staff, we really do care. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel offered a very competitive rate and provided wonderful amenities like a full dinner and hot breakfast. Those meals exceeded my expectations. The room was decent, except the couch had stains probably from a more active group of guests, hand prints on windows, and a dirty ice tray in the freezer. No spare ice bucket.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Edward K,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I would like to start by apologizing for the condition of your room. It is our mission to deliver a wonderful experience and clean room to every one of our guests. We will make certain to review this incident as a team so that this does not ever happen again.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed the amenities such as the complimentary breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception. Thank you again for your feedback.