“homewood suites”

Ranked #50 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Wauwatosa, United States
“homewood suites”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Very enjoyable stay surprised on evening reception and meal. Room had great view of Chicago and Trump tower breakfast was exceptionalDid not use Valet parking thought $59 was way out of line found a spot 1 block away for $24 on line. We plan a return trip and hope we can get the same $84 a night deal at this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Steve: I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us as this is our main goal! We put a lot of thought into our dinner/reception menu and it's great that you took advantage of it. As for parking, it can be a bit tricky in Chicago but it sounds like it all worked out nicely for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Opelika, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have stayed in many Homewood Suites and not been disappointed in any of them. The Chicago Homewood Suites on Grand offers a great location for visiting museums, eating, and having a great time with your family as well as a great place to rest and have your breakfast. Breakfast at the hotels an asset when traveling with children.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ann: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for telling the world about your experience!
It's wonderful comments like yours that will help other families make the decision to also stay with us!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I cannot rave enough about my stay at this hotel. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, it exceeded all expectations. Every single member of staff was so incredibly efficient, knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and provided AMAZING customer service. Especially Amer, one of the door/valet staff! I've never seen a person hail taxis as efficiently as he does. And always so cheerful! In fact, every member of staff I spoke to during my entire stay was extremely pleasant (the hiring manager at this hotel is making great choices).
This hotel is perfectly located on a busy (but surprisingly quiet once in your hotel room) street a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave and SURROUNDED by endless food and shopping. This is in central Chicago, and very lively at all hours of the day and night. I walked around this area for hours by myself, both during the day and at night, and never once felt unsafe or uncomfortable. If this is your first visit to the city or you're a solo traveler who wants to feel "safe" in a city by yourself, this is where you want to stay. During the day there are tourists and business people, and at night there are tourists and locals out for entertainment. I was solo traveling and the concierge and valet were always quick to point me in the right direction or arrange transportation for me (and gave great suggestions on where to head for entertainment/food). The hotel rooms themselves are not particularly special; however, they are suites, so they're nicely sized. Wifi is strong (even in my room on the 17th floor) and free.
I ate the free breakfast in the lobby everyday and there were many options to choose from, all prepared and maintained by hotel staff. This hotel also serves a free evening meal 4 nights per week; I didn't go to this due to other plans, but I'm sure it was quality given my experience with their breakfast.
Truly, the key highlights of staying at this hotel is that you could never ask for a better hotel location in downtown Chicago (especially for the reasonable prices I've seen for these rooms), and you will be hard pressed to find better customer service at any other hotel (or any other business, period). I highly recommend this hotel, and I definitely plan to stay here on my next trip to Chicago!

Room Tip: Higher rooms drown out the sounds of traffic and give great views of downtown
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EricaBee
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
EricaBee,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It made me happy to see that we exceeded your expectations during your experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, complimentary internet and the location of the hotel as you explored the city. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Spacious, apartment like rooms with full fridge (ice machine too), dishwasher, stove top, microwave, and dishes/pots and pans! You really feel like your at a 2nd home! The view of the city is excellent! But all that doesn't compare to the hospitality of the staff here! Kind and courteous are in abundance with everyone that works here. I do have to say that one stands out above the rest. "Amer" hailed a taxi for me every work day, even in the pouring rain, all while I waited in the comfort of the vestibule. Everyone that works here has the same attitude; Which from what I experienced is, Treat every guest like royalty, and they do just that. After 15 days here I can say that when I visit Chicago, this is where I'm staying every time!

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side as the main entrance have a great view, especially the higher rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
BJoe827,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your entire experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of the full in-suite kitchen. I appreciate you mentioning the kind and courteous staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Love to stay at this hotel!!! Bell Men, and Front Desk are always so friendly, courteous, and helpful!!!! The continental breakfast is wonderful and the Manager's evening cocktails and buffet is very fun!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

156gails,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to see that you love Homewood Suites and the team here. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Warszawa, Poland
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Our stay in Homewood Suites by Hilton in Chicago Downtown was a very pleasurable experience. Our inquire to be placed in a room with a great view was met. Our 1 bedroom apt. with a living room and kitchenette was really big, clean and furnished very well. Among many advantages of this hotel, it is worth to mention about: great localization (next to Grand station of the red line) and within walking distance to downtown, complimentary breakfast and dinner (4 days a week), complimentary fitness center, a swimming pool and access to a computer with a printer. The staff were very nice and helpful. To find this hotel perfect, I wish that any vegetables were served for breakfast. It was either sweet things or fat (eggs, sausages, beacon), but it was difficult to eat something really healthy for breakfast. I will be happy to stay once again in Homewood Suites and I can recommend this hotel for everybody, including families with children.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Tomasz P
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Tomasz P,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was extremely happy to see that you had a pleasurable experience at Homewood Suites and felt at home. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, pool, and fitness center. I appreciate you mentioning the helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Perfect location. This hotel was one block west of the magnificent mile right in the heart. Clean safe area within walking distance to most restaurants, bars, shops and tourist attractions (museums etc). We only had one fifteen minute taxi ride during a winter blizzard, but this was accessible by bus if chosen. The staff was knowledgeable regarding bus numbers and cost etc. Great service and excellent value. We will definitely be going back and I have already recommended this location to friends. Breakfasts were adequate and there was a manager's reception in the weekday evenings including a buffet style dinner and beer, wine. We used this one night and it was decent and we were happy it was available for the one time we did use it. This has to be the best value in the city.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

jackieg682,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to take in all the sites and visit many of the restaurants and shops in the area. I appreciate you mentioning the great service you received and how knowledgeable the staff was. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.