“Very expensive” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #51 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Jersey City, United States
“Very expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very good location, but very expensive given the mediocre quality of accommodations. They doubled the rate because of the big convention at the time. Kitchenette furnishings were very limited. Some upholstery was dirty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Jerzy P
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Jerzy P,

Thank you for you review. It is our goal to deliver an excellent experience to every guest and I regret the fact that we were not able to do so on this occasion. We will discuss the matter of the upholstery as a team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnegat, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights, me my bride and our college age daughter. It was a great hotel. It was convenient to all tourist destinations in Chicago. Staff was helpful and our jr suit had a full fridge, stove micro wave coffe maker and all plates etc. I would stay again

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jvleeuw
Jvleeuw,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I can see the location of the hotel was convenient for you as you and your family visited the many attractions the city has to offer. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Helpful staff, clean and welcoming accommodations, great location, overall fabulous trip! We will definitely go again while in Chicago! Location is close to everything...Navy Pier is a 10-minute walk, river boat rides 3 blocks away, Rush street night life around the corner, great restaurants next door!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacie R
Stacie R,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family had a wonderful experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the prime location as you visited the sights and restaurants. I appreciate you mentioning the helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites in Chicago for a business trip. Having never stayed at this hotel before, I was a curious to see what I would find as it is often described as a good place for long-term bookings.

Location is great. It's right in the heart of downtown. You are within walking distance of great restaurants, coffee shops, the Red Line El station at Grand, and even a Jewel-Osco store. I took the train a lot during my stay, and even got in the habit of covering the stretch between Union Station and the hotel by foot.

The room itself is spacious. You have a kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and dining utensils, a small workspace, a lounge for relaxing, and a large bedroom with adjoining bathroom. It's a generous amount of space for such a well-placed hotel, and I only wish I could have spent more time enjoying the stunning view from my windows. I could see Trump Tower, the Sears Tower, and other iconic skyscrapers right from my room. Although sleep was occasionally interrupted by a wailing ambulance or police siren, that's an unavoidable component of staying in downtown Chicago. I slept better here than in the Indigo Hotel or Doubletree. No noisy ACs or heaters here.

Housekeeping was very attentive, and I would return after work each day to find my room immaculate. They even improved upon my shoddy dishwashing by making sure my cups were crystal-clean.

Breakfast was your standard hotel fare-- nothing special, but it was included in my rate, so I made the most of it. I don't know if they have a gym or spa.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sagar J
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Sagar J,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. It made me proud to see that you had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the spacious suite, in-suite kitchen, and complimentary breakfast. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Savage, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I just stayed at the Homewood Suites for a long weekend in downtown Chicago. Overall, it was a good stay. We were in a great location; just a few blocks from the Magnificent Mile, right next to the Red Line ('L'), and near a ton of good restaurants. The rooms are definitely in need of a refresh, with peeling paint, water spots in the bathroom and pretty old (hard) furniture. On the other hand, we had a living room and kitchen, with a separate bedroom. I am giving a rating of "very good" instead of just "average" strictly because we got a great deal, ~ $175/night. If I had to pay anywhere near the $300+ I've seen for the same hotel, it would definitely have just been "average".

My final advice… if you can find a good deal, well worth it.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor, which still had a view over the Nordstrom's across the street. The hig...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M00kystar
M00kystar,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you and your wife enjoyed your experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the location during the course of your visit. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Recently enjoyed a 3 night stay with friends from Canada for a Chicago City Tour. Perfect location central to Subway and Michigan Ave. Suite Style Accommodations, turnkey Breakfast/ Dinner WiFi, Pool and Fitness Center inclusive in rate presented great value. Also treated to an upscale complimentary Managers Cocktail Reception in a neighboring restaurant hosted by Hotel Management. What distinguished our stay was the care of the staff. Guest Manager Jason, Concierge Amir and other service personal were front and center to assist wherever they could. It simply made our stay so easy and enjoyable

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Grant H
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Grant H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you found great value and received exceptional hospitality throughout your experience at Homewood Suites. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, WiFi, pool, and fitness center. I recall you and your friends, you were the kindest guests, thank you again for the review! If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel has the worst guest services people working there, they don't care about you as a guest and should take some hospitality classes before working there. On top of that, it is out dated and smells, old furniture for paying $465/night. It's location is the only positive thing about this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

3 Thank 828essamk
828essamk,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. It is our goal to deliver an excellent experience to every guest and I regret that we were not able to do so in your case. We will address the issues you brought up with the entire team to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Guest Experience