Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
US$535
US$446
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$259
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Bar/Lounge
US$254
US$212
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
  • Pool
The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$181
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$104
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$180
  • Bar/Lounge
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$240
Cancelon
2,899 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree dinnergreat locationbreakfast and dinnernavy pierthe sofa bedvalet staffthe magnificent miletop floorliving areaseparate bedroomcomplimentary breakfastwithin walking distancebreakfast staffevening receptionmichigan avewrigley building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Outstanding hotel - staff is exceptional, facilities are in outstanding condition, and the location is perfect for business/pleasure while visiting Chicago! Easy access to CTA! Breakfast and evening receptions are a nice touch during your stay.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Brian K,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad to see that you had a great experience at the hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel, complimentary breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. I appreciate you mentioning the exceptional staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

The hotel is clean and in the heart of downtown....close to everything. They offer a complimentary breakfast which was below average. They had a waffle bar which was awesome, but the eggs, sausage, potatoes, and other options were subpar. I was also disappointed they didn't offer complimentary wi-fi...or at the very least ethernet ports in the rooms. I consider that a must in this day and age. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Michael M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had a very good experience at Homewood Suites. I do apologize for the miscommunication: our hotel offers complimentary wi-fi. I regret the fact that you were not informed of this. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you and that you will be able to use the wi-fi..

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent location close to subway, buses and attractions, great room, functional kitchen, good living area, comfortable beds, passable breakfast, good service, hot coffee, complimentary internet a bit slow but okay, two nice televisions, good bathroom

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dennis K,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to see that you and your family had a great experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I can see that you all took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the in-suite kitchen and 24 hour complimentary coffee/tea station. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I chose the Homewood Suites off the list of convention hotels as I tend to like suite hotels for the space and microwave. The HS certainly was very well located – surrounded by restaurants (including Mario Batali’s ginormous Eataly complex with all kinds of Italian groceries plus 9 restaurants just around the block), shopping (Nordstrom across the street, Michigan Ave 2 blocks away), touristy stuff (2 blocks from the riverwalk), and so on. The room was basically a 1 BR apartment: living area with TV and couch, small kitchen with fridge, sink, d/w, stovetop, microwave, and ample cabinets; bedroom area open to the sink area and closet, and shower/tub and toilet. Free internet is handy, and free breakfast too (which I skipped). There are also supposedly a laundry room and a fitness center that I did not check out. My room also had a nice view of the Trump hotel tower and other landmarks. So top ratings for location, convenience, and space. It’s like staying in an apartment downtown.
However, a few minor downsides. Compared to several other suite hotel chains nearby (ES, HGI, SbS, etc.) which appear to be newer and more hotel-like with inviting lobbies, the HS seems to inhabit an older apartment building, with only an entry foyer (with concierge) on the ground floor. The lobby for registration is up on the 6th floor. The bedroom layout is a less than ideal with the side of the bed being next to the open bathroom sink area (so if someone gets up to use the bathroom, it's hard not to wake the other person up). Also, the room décor has not been updated in a while. Aside from flat screen TVs and one of those clever shower curtain rods curved for extra space, the interior carpeting etc. felt a little dated. Not dirty, but definitely not fresh and updated . A room safe would have been nice too. If you’re a family that needs the space and conveniences of apartment living, this could be just what you need. As for me, maybe next time I travel here on business I either try one of the other suite places, or skip the suite option to go for a smaller, but more updated place.

1  Thank ptbooth
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Ptbooth,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your spacious suite. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the location of the hotel visiting the many sights, restaurants, and shops while in town on business. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed at his hotel for three weeks while on business. I loved this hotel and all it had to offer. I had an amazing view of Trump Tower and other downtown skyscrapers from my hotel room; it was quite an amazing site to wake up to such an amazing view every morning. The food offered (complimentary breakfast seven days a week and dinner Monday thru Thursday) was fantastic and the dining facilities were elegant and comfortable. While the valet parking was expensive, the valet staff were quick, polite and professional. Best of all, I got to see the top runners in the world cross Mile1 of the 2013 Chicago Marathon since the hotel is literally right in front of Mile 1 of the marathon.

I greatly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will be coming back if I should find myself back in Downtown Chicago again. The neighborhood was great and provided a nice path to go for a run overlooking the water. Deep dish pizza is also a must to try while in Chicago and there are several options for deep dish right in the Magnificent Mile neighborhood. Also, it was awesome having the pool and gym on the top floor of the hotel….talk about an amazing view!

Room Tip: All the views from around the hotel seemed great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel R
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Daniel R,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites throughout your 3 week visit. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary, breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, pool, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring to downtown Chicago.