“Great place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A very good place to stay. Very conveniently located.....only a few blocks from Michigan Ave., Navy Pier and train line. The suites are large and fully equipped. An enclosed pool is available on the 19th floor. A complementary all you can eat breakfast is offered every day and a light all you can eat dinner Mon. - Fri.( unlimited wine and beer are on the night buffet). A great place if you are traveling with children. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paula M
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Paula M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,821)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was my first stay in a Homewood Suites and I highly recommend this location. The hotel is located just 2 blocks from Michigan Ave and 3 blocks from the river. The Studio suites are comfortable enough for a couple and I love that the windows actually open for some fresh air . Didn't really take part in the free breakfast/ dinner as you are surrounded by great Chicago food options. Staff was wonderful and look forward to a future return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trvlwmn1
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Trvlwmn1,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was honored by the kind words you had to say about Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you recommending our hotel to everyone out there. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Only great comments here. Great choice on our part. Comfortable beds, nice large rooms, great air conditioning, in-door pool on the 19th floor, refrigerator, microwave, cooktop, coffee pot, coffee, tea, ice maker in refrigerator, 2 flat screen tvs, large bathroom, free breakfast, you can bring up to your room, free evening meals you can bring up to your room, including free wines and free beer, and free refills. Great value for families with several children. Hotel is only 2 blocks from the Magnificent Mile, walking distance to the Navy Pier, and walking distance to either the brown line or red line. 1 street over from Rush St. Where you find many pubs and taverns, not to mention the bar & grills across the street from hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Vicki062,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was very happy to see that you and your friends had a great experience at our hotel. I see that you found great value with all of the amenities we offer such as the complimentary breakfast, evening Manager’s Reception, in-room kitchen, and pool to name a few. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

There are some great things about the hotel and some not so great. I was there for work for a week and the first room assigned to me was right across the elevator. I'm typically ok with whatever room assigned, but considering I'm 28 weeks pregnant and already facing issues falling asleep I asked to get a different room after trying to take s nap and not being able to because I hear every beep that came from the elevator. The guy at the desk made a funky face when I asked and then called the house keeping manager to tell him there will be one more room to clean because I was getting moved and then said "because the elevator is there" with an attitude to the other guy on the line and hung up. Luckily I did get assigned a different room and hurried to get my things out. In the midst of it all, I left a dress in the room. The next day I asked the front desk about the dress and the lady said she'll take note of it and if found they will put it in my room. Well I haven't heard anything at all nor was my dress returned, so not a happy camper there. Other than that, the breakfast is good and the guys on the first floor are really friendly, however not that great of an experience to where I would want to return. There's too many other hotels in the area that I would prefer to give a chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SaVol1026
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

SaVol1026,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites. I would like to start by apologizing for any inconvenience the elevator beeping sound created; I understand how delicate falling asleep can be. I also regret the way the situation was handled at the front desk. We will discuss the matter as a team so no guest ever feels like they are “bothering” an associate.

I do appreciate you taking the time to mention the good complimentary breakfast and the friendly service. We will take your feedback as an opportunity to make improvements, thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just returned from a quick trip to Chicago and loved our stay at the Homewood Suites. Very convenient to the Red Line to catch a Cubs game, great restaurants, the magnificent mile and many Chicago attractions. Great breakfast! Super friendly and helpful staff! Great to have a kitchen, even though we only used the fridge. Yes, furniture is a little worn and the pullout couch needs more padding, but we would all definitely stay again--and in big part due to how accommodating and pleasant every staff member was--from the minute we pulled up!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz3098
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Liz3098,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you and your family loved your experience at our hotel. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the full in-suite kitchen, complimentary breakfast, and location. I appreciate you mentioning the super friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

For the price, location and breakfast and dinners!!! it was the best. A 2-room suite, 2 TV's, nice people, close to Navy Pier. We walked just about everywhere. We got Go Chicago card- 5-day pass and saved at least $200. Got 2-day hop-on- Hop-off and 3 boat rides with card.Entered places even though lines with card. This hotel is so centrally located that other than one taxi ride home from a play and a bus trip- walked everywhere- and I am not a walker! (age 68) From airport took red line and got off a block from hotel- on their street- Grand St. Best city I ever went to. Favoritwe building TRUMP. You must go!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Bernice H

Bernice H,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was honored to see that you felt Homewood Suites downtown Chicago was the best hotel ever. It seems like you took advantage of the location of the hotel as you visited the many sights and destinations in the area. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in 2 suites here last week. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff was outstanding in their service and great attitude. One of our rooms had 3 preschool boys staying in there and the cleaner left their stuffed animals perched on the bed.

Pool was nice and the rooms were clean and fresh.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TC99

TC99,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you and your family had a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites. I appreciate you mentioning the outstanding service you received from the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.