“Great location!”

Ranked #49 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Kansas City
“Great location!”
Reviewed 3 July 2009

This was the first of two hotels we stayed at during the week during NPE Week. Overall, the three day stay was very good. Room was large, very clean, bed very comfortable, free internet, clean kitchen and kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was a huge convenience. Dinners are provided in the evening during the week even though we didn't take advantage of this. Staff response upon arrival and check in was luke warm, but so were we after an 8 hour drive. We tried to switch our room from a default king reservation to a double, but the front desk wasn't too responsive about our request. They offered a roll a way bed, but we used the sofa bed for the kids instead. I would have preferred they rectify the situation, but I let it slide. Workout room is very nice, but it was 80+ degrees. They also offer a free pass to Crunch Gym next door. Great location! 24 hour business center was a great feature too! I was able to use the facility to print discount tickets to an attraction. Loved this!

Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank kcroadtripper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
st louis
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Great staff, location, rooms and breakfast!!!!!We stayed w/ our 15 yr old daughter and our 7 yr old son and had plenty of room in our 1bedroom suite. We arrived 2 hours early and we were able to check in at no additional charge. Every staff member was so helpfull. The ladies at the front desk were always giving us great directions!
We can't wait to go back to Chicago and this is the ONLY place we will stay.
Martinez family (st louis)

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 2 July 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Homewood Suites for your recent visit and for the kind thoughts you shared on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and that you would choose to return to our hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

David Prentiss
Homewood Suites Chicago
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Not much to add to what others have already stated - it's a terrific hotel. The rooms are immaculate and large, the location is outstanding, it has gorgeous views of nearby architectural marvels, it's walking distance from the Art Institute, which for my money is the best museum in the USA. It's also less than a block from the subway, right on top of worldclass shopping and dining, and a 10-minute walk from the fabulous House of Blues music venue.

On top of it all, it's quiet as a churchyard so you sleep like a baby in the awesome padded mattresses, there's great water pressure, and no worries buying a snack - even in the middle of the night, as there's a vending area in the lobby. The ventilation is excellent - we were neither too hot nor too cold. The room darkening shades were 100% with no rips or other gaps for light to blaze through in the morning. (I'm a super light sleeper and quiet/dark/ventilation are all important issues for me - Homewood passed with flying colors.)

Also! Free wi-fi, which is often the reason Hilton steals me away from my other loyalty program at Sheraton - who wants to be nickel and dimed?

The ONLY reason I'm not giving this place five stars is I think $42 is too much for valet parking and the rooms themselves are expensive, at $189 for a king suite - this is before taxes. Also, one of the elevators was broken during our stay and even though we could use the service elevator, there was a 10-minute wait sometimes to get downstairs.

Still, the service was excellent and combined with the other pluses of this property, we'll be back for 100% certain.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your positive experience at the Homewood Suites as well as your desire to return. Our staff members very much appreciate your kind thoughts.

Thank you too for your understanding when we experience some mechanical problems with one of our elevators. I certainly hope it didn't do too much to diminish the enjoyment of your stay. We have since corrected the problem.

Safe travels and I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
David Prentiss
Homewood Suites Chicago
Phoenix
Reviewed 16 June 2009

I stayed in a king-bedded suite for 3 nights mid May and have nothing but praise for this place. The room was extremely clean and had all the comforts of home. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I was concerned at first about getting a shabby room as has been my experience with a couple of other Homewoods, but they have completed their remodel, so there's probably not a bad room in the place.

The location is safe and perfect for anything you’d want to do in the downtown area. I’ll definitely stay here on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 13 June 2009

We just got back from staying at this hotel and we had a great time. The suite was really nice and it was fun to look out the window and see all the high rises. It was a wonderful location - there was so much you could walk to! We walked to the river and took a cruise and we walked to Harry Caray's for dinner. There was also a red metro right by there and we went to a game at Wrigley Field. It only took about 20 minutes to reach Wrigley. I would stay here again next time I go to Chicago.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
St. Louis, MO.
Reviewed 11 June 2009

We stayed at the Homewood suites in Chicago for a quick family trip. I cannot praise it highly enough ! The room was clean with contemporary decor. We stayed in a King Suite, which had plenty of room. We arrived before check in time. However, they checked our bags and parked our car allowing us to explore the City until we could check in. When we did check in, they brought our bags to our room within minutes. Everyone was so nice and helpful..from the valets to the bellmen to the front desk. Breakfast was complimentary and was more than adequate for our family to start our day. Sure it was not the $20 a head buffet at the Hilton, but nobody walked away hungry. The pool had a spectacular view of the city at night. The hotel is conveniently located to everything the city has to offer. The Valets are quick to hail a cab for you or provide information to get you anywhere you need to go. The best part of the service was that when we accidentally left our car key at the valet station when we left ( I thought they gave it to my husband and he thought they gave it to me...my husband used his key to start the car) we called the hotel the next day when we discovered it and they promptly fed-Exed the key back to our house,,,it arrived home before we did !!! The Homewood Suites is going to be our choice in downtown chicago with that kind of service ! ALso the price was right,too. We paid $139.00 for a King Suite. Yes the valet parking at $42.00 is a bit steep, but this is downtown chicago. YOu could use one of the many self parks in the area and save about $10-$15 bucks and carry your luggage about 2-3 blocks to the hotel...but the convenience of the valet was well worth the extra money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Chatham, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2009

For the same price as nearby hotels, I got a 2-room suite. Bedroom with king bed, bathroom with toilet and shower separated by a door from the sink and closet. Also a big kitchen/living room and desk. Free wireless didn't work in my room but did work in the lobby. Staff was VERY helpful and offered to have me move rooms but the wired internet worked so I stayed in my original room and it worked great. Kitchen had everything you would need for an extended stay. Great location by restaurants, shopping and bars. FULL breakfast is free in the morning, as well as FULL dinner every evening. I'm going to try to stay here every possible time I visit Chicago.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business