My husband and I came to Chicago to reacquaint ourselves with this fabulous and vibrant city. We chose the Homewood Suites because of its location, my Hilton Honors membership, and the reviews here on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed!
The staff was friendly. Jonah, John and Starr were tremendous, and I felt I knew them because of the reviews here. They did everything to make our stay comfortable. They valet parking staff was efficient and friendly, and I wish I could recall all their names.
We had a wonderful suite with a great view. There was plenty of space. Having a full kitchen was a plus, and we stocked up twice on healthy foods at Trader's Joe's just two blocks away. We also enjoyed the complimentary dinner our first night, and breakfast every day. The breakfast is very filling and is just what you need for a long day of walking, shopping and sightseeing.
The elevators were speedy. The hotel was clean. The maid service (the only name I recall is Norma, which was the name on the cart) was top notch! They even aired out the room for us.
Everyone was friendly, including the other guests. There was a lot of friendly chatter in the elevators.
Here's what makes this hotel such a gem: It is unpretentious and down-home, like Chicago itself, but still attractive with more than a dash of style. People feel comfortable here. And the people who stay here run the gamut of types: Business people, couples, families.
The location is excellent: The area is full of shops and restaurants to suit all tastes and budgets. We shopped at Nordstroms, Water Tower Place, up and down North Michigan and loved the Apple store there.
One more word about the location: It is relatively safe, and teems with life from early morning until after midnight. Chicago is a very friendly city, and everyone who works in a frontline job must have taken a guest relations course. Somebody is doing something right here!
By the way, nothing wrong with the parking fee here. It was actually less than we expected. You're in a city, for heaven's sake.
We will certainly return to the Hilton Homewood Suites on Grand Avenue. The sooner, the better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites