“Great location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #50 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We spent a few days in Chicago to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival the staff provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was always crowded but well stocked. Every member of the hotel made us feel welcome. This was our second trip to Chicago and to this hotel. It is a great value!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and Happy Anniversary! I'm glad that we were able to help make it special. It is always nice for me to see that people take advantage of our great location.

Thanks again and I hope you make the Homewood Suites an annual tradition.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Stayed here over long weekend in January. The location is great and the rooms are a great size for a downtown hotel. Plenty of room for the familty to relax. Pool was great, plenty warm, plenty towels, and a great view to boot. Service was very good, breakfast a little crowded but they did a great job of keeping things neat and clean and was plenty of food and variety. Would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel and its location. I hope the busy breakfast wasn't too much of a detriment. I appreciate you noting that the staff did a good job of keeping everything stocked. They work very hard and will appreciate that.

Thank you again and I do hope you will consider us for future visits.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We, family of 4, stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. The decor is a little dated and the hallways were uneven but we didn't stay here for the decor! The location is perfect, in the middle of the mag mile and close to CTA buses and trains, restaurants and grocery stores. Didn't use any of the facilities like pool, laundry or fitness so can't comment. Breakfast was great and only crowded on our last day for some reason. Kickback meal at night was adequate and free so who's to complain! All day tea and coffe in lobby available and very handy. Popcorn in room was a winner for our 2 kids, 8 & 14yrs. No room safe but we didn't have a problem, just locked up our valuables in our cases each day. Fast check out service great, didn't have to go to the lobby at all! Doormen very helpful and were prompt and helpful with my few requests, even after I forgot to tip them, sorry boys! Would def stay here again for convenience and free food and highly recommend to anyone who wants value for money and isn't after just aesthetics!

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments about our service staff. I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our value and location. I hope that you and your family had a great time in Chicago.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 January 2011

First let me start of by saying I would consider myself to be very picky when it comes to hotel accommodations. So, since I do not have anything negative to say about this hotel, that should speak volumes. I have a 3 year old and 9 month old and as everyone knows traveling can be a nightmare. Our room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and most importantly the suite was equipped with everything we needed for a weekend stay. Having a separate room to place the pack and play was essential since our youngest child goes to bed well before the rest of us. I could hardly hear any noise in the room besides an occasional siren (That is expected). Our suite had cups, plates and utensils ready for our use. The location of the hotel was also ideal.....we went shopping and out to dinner with a minimal walking time. For kids try the Rainforest cafe (2 blocks away). For the price, I do not think we could have found a better hotel if I spent 3 days looking. Another excellent feature was the breakfast. We saved a bunch of money eating at the hotel and the food was very good with many options. Finally, the staff. From Abdul the doorman/valet, to the nice lady that checked us in (sorry forgot name), everyone was accommodating, friendly, and professional. We visit Chicago a few times every year and we will undoubtedly be staying here next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the kind comments. I love to see that families are taking advantage of our value and great location.

I hope we do have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2011

Arrived in Chicago during a blizzard and the staff were very welcoming indeed.
The suite was exceptionally clean and an excellent size. They will even stock the fridge for you if required. The views from the tenth floor were great and we enjoyed viewing the Hancock building lit up at night.
The breakfast buffet was great fun especially the waffle making - and delicious. Service at breakfast was very friendly - probablly the best we have experienced in the USA.
The free manager's evening buffet dinner on Monday-Thursday was a godsend to our aching feet after a day's sightseeing. The complimentary wine and beer was definitely drinkable.
Finally fab location for experiencing this wonderful city.
Our first choice when visiting the USA next time is to look at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments. It sounds like you made the most of your trip and I am happy to see you enjoyed your time in Chicago.

Please do think of us for future visits.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family (including children aged 14 and 11) from 26 Dec 10 to 5 Jan 11. We booked largely based on Trip Advisor reviews and ratings and were certainly not disappointed.

The location of this Homeward Suites is ideal: one block from the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) and very close to good restaurants.

Included in your rate is an extensive breakfast buffet and dinner with alcohol (Mon-Thu). Although this was very busy over the holiday period, the service was excellent and great for people watching!

All staff were extremely polite and efficient and we would certainly stay here again if visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Newton_Tony

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us even during a very busy week. It looks like you made the most of our location too which is wonderful.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 5 January 2011

As much as I'd like to find something wrong with this hotel, I simply can not. The rooms were spacious for my wife, daughter, and I. Bed was comfortable and rooms were very clean.
Check-in went quickly and smoothly and lady was very helpful in helping me with where to go and what to do.
Valet service, though a tad expensive, was very professional and always greeted us with a smile. Everyone at the hotel made us feel very welcome.
I would definitely recommend this inexpensive hotel to anyone traveling into Chicago (River North area) for a short stay. Ranked #4 hotel in Chicago, and with good reason. The breakfast buffet hit the spot in the morning, and the Manager's reception each night also helped us save money.
Don't know what else I could add. I will try another hotel in the future just for the sake of staying somewhere else for comparison, but will definitely not rule out Homewood Suites either. Very happy with our stay. The hotel puts you right in the heart of the shopping district with everything you can think of within a short walk. Water Tower Place, Hancock Tower, Chicago Theater, Navy Pier, Harry Caray's, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Horse & Carriage rides, WGN, Trump Tower, Chicago River, etc. etc. etc.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank KankakeeCoSpeedway

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. It is great to see that guests are making the most of our value and location. I hope that you do consider us for future stays.

Thanks again.