“Impressive and surprising”

Ranked #50 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Impressive and surprising”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed here over new year's weekend with friends and had an enjoyable stay.
The hotel is in a perfect location and is only blocks away from Michigan Avenue and within walking distance to many great restaurants. There is also a shopping mall right across the street.
The room was very clean and had plenty of space to accommodate five people. Our suite also included a pull out bed. The bathroom was a decent size and well maintained. The free breakfast was an added bonus with lots of choice.
Would totally go back.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit on what turned out to be quite a busy time. It looks like you made the most of the area and enjoyed Chicago which is nice to see.

Thank you again and I hope you do consider us for future visits.

Homewood Suites Chicago

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

The location was amazing (easy walk to both the north and south loops, and of course the Mag mile). The staff was so friendly! I'm Canadian and I can say that not even WE have people as hospitable as there was at the Homewood hotel. I'm only staying at this hotel when I visit Chicago from now on.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 24 January 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time in Chicago.

Please do consider us when you return to Chicago in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

we recently just stayed at this hotel for one night. everything about our stay was great! the rooms are very spacious, the hotel staff were all very friendly and the location can't be beat! next time we are in chicago we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I appreciate the kind comment about our staff. Your subject line is certainly the level of service we strive for. I hope we make it sometimes.

Thank you again and I hope we do have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

I recently returned from a weekend trip to Chicago and a two-night stay at the Homewood Suites. The hotel is easy to find, a mere block away from the Red Line's Grand station. The pleasant desk clerk had me checked-in in less than two minutes, and I was off to my room. The one bedroom suite was big, with a proper kitchen (with a stovetop and full-size fridge), work desk, sleeper sofa and flatscreen tv in one room, and a King bed, flatscreen tv, and bathroom in the other. Clean, comfortable and with a great view of downtown.

The complimentary breakfast was very tasty with numerous hot and cold options. I was there on the weekend, so I didn't have a chance to test out the light dinner that's served Mon-Thu, but based on the breakfast, I'd guess it's pretty tasty as well. In addition to Michigan Ave, and all the downtown Chicago landmarks, if you're looking to save some cash, there are also a number of fast food restaurants (Chipotle, Jimmy John's, McDonald's) within a couple block walk of the hotel.

The price was great for the location and amenities (free wifi!) provided, and I just can't see myself staying anywhere else when I next come to Chicago.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay and for the kind comments. I especially like the fact that you took such great advantage of our location and value.

Thank you again and we will look forward to your future visits.

St Louis Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

We spent a few days in Chicago to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Upon arrival the staff provided us with a complimentary bottle of wine. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast buffet was always crowded but well stocked. Every member of the hotel made us feel welcome. This was our second trip to Chicago and to this hotel. It is a great value!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us and Happy Anniversary! I'm glad that we were able to help make it special. It is always nice for me to see that people take advantage of our great location.

Thanks again and I hope you make the Homewood Suites an annual tradition.

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

Stayed here over long weekend in January. The location is great and the rooms are a great size for a downtown hotel. Plenty of room for the familty to relax. Pool was great, plenty warm, plenty towels, and a great view to boot. Service was very good, breakfast a little crowded but they did a great job of keeping things neat and clean and was plenty of food and variety. Would definetely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I'm very pleased to see that you enjoyed our hotel and its location. I hope the busy breakfast wasn't too much of a detriment. I appreciate you noting that the staff did a good job of keeping everything stocked. They work very hard and will appreciate that.

Thank you again and I do hope you will consider us for future visits.

Sydney Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

We, family of 4, stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. The decor is a little dated and the hallways were uneven but we didn't stay here for the decor! The location is perfect, in the middle of the mag mile and close to CTA buses and trains, restaurants and grocery stores. Didn't use any of the facilities like pool, laundry or fitness so can't comment. Breakfast was great and only crowded on our last day for some reason. Kickback meal at night was adequate and free so who's to complain! All day tea and coffe in lobby available and very handy. Popcorn in room was a winner for our 2 kids, 8 & 14yrs. No room safe but we didn't have a problem, just locked up our valuables in our cases each day. Fast check out service great, didn't have to go to the lobby at all! Doormen very helpful and were prompt and helpful with my few requests, even after I forgot to tip them, sorry boys! Would def stay here again for convenience and free food and highly recommend to anyone who wants value for money and isn't after just aesthetics!

• Stayed January 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments about our service staff. I'm glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our value and location. I hope that you and your family had a great time in Chicago.

We hope to see you again in the future.