“Cozy and friendly”

Ranked #122 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Cozy and friendly”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This hotel has one of most friendly staff I have ever come across. Location is great as it's a walking distance from Rush Street (party area), the magnificent mile and other important areas in Chicago. The cafe at the hotel has some interesting lines on the menu. Will always prefer to stay here.

Room Tip: Just go there and enjoy!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank VivekDidwania

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Thai first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo during my weeklong visit to Chicago where I attended a research seminar at the Newberry Library. The service at the Hotel Indigo was perfect and I say this for the ease offered to just do my business with no distractions. I called for service twice and got such prompt attention, that I wondered if the staff were just there to help only me!

This was especially the case when I discovered that my stopwatch was missing. It turned up at the front desk where Veronika opened the drawer and took out the watch as soon as I mentioned I was looking for it. She said she found it by the business center area, and I realized I had forgotten it in the rush to prepare a 'thank you' card for the staff at the Newberry Library. I guess I can offer this review as a sort of "thank you" to Veronika and the rest of the helpful staff at Hotel Indigo!

This was also a family trip for part of the visit, and my family was also so impressed with our accommodations and for the bright and happy look of things, that we may now just make a weekend visit to Chicago for the ease and comfort of staying at the Hotel Indigo while we tour landmarks and enjoy what the great city has to offer.

We will be sure to tell our friends and colleagues about the good stay we had at the Hotel Indigo, and thanks so much to the courteous staff members who offered us such prompt and professional and no-hassle service during this good week on the 'gold coast!'

Room Tip: We liked the double room facing east on the sixth floor
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for the wonderful review and for recognizing Veronika for the role she played in your Hotel Indigo experience! I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and am pleased you were able to experience the kind of service we pride ourselves on providing. We cannot wait for your return visit to Chicago to take in the sights of our fine city! We are in the process of making some exciting new changes to some of the services we provide and would love to hear your feedback after your next visit. Please be sure to enjoy a drink in our bar and/or try out one of our new menu offerings during your next trip. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!
Portland, Michigan
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The location was great for downtown shopping -- within walking distance. The rooms were very cute, with a "beachy" feel. Each room has a different design. Staff was nice. We didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, but the rooms were nice, beds were comfy. Included coffee pot/coffee. Cute lobby with a cute little lobby bar. Parking cost $39/night.

On Saturday mornings there was a small farmers market set up in the street at the end of the block.

On the negative side, the shower curtain/wall was not designed well because we had a hard time keeping the floor from flooding when showering. Plus we killed a centepede in the room (imagine three screaming women trying to accomplish this).

All in all, I would definately stay here again and would recommend it to others.

2 Thank Love2Drive65
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I am not a fan of Chicago in general, but I did enjoy the hotel - the decor was beachy and fun and made me feel like I was somewhere else, and the room was very comfortable. The staff was pleasant, and the location was very good for access to the Navy Pier, beaches, shops, etc. It was surprisingly quiet at night considering the proximity to the several bars just a block away (although we were on the 14th floor, so that likely helped). The parking is expensive and valets are slow, but that is to be expected at any hotel in that area, so I don't know that this one is any worse than the others. I would definitely stay at a Hotel Indigo again - hopefully in a different city!

Room Tip: We had a king room with a fireplace, which was relatively spacious - I suspect some of the other roo...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We are delighted you've become a Hotel Indigo fan and cannot wait to see more reviews from you about our other Hotel Indigo locations. We certainly hope you'll come back and see us again soon! During your next visit, please try out one of our new signature drinks in our bar, we suspect it could change your view about our fine city! Thanks again for the review we'll see you soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I've stayed at Indigo a few times, and always look forward to coming back. The decor is so beachy that I forget I am on a business trip. The location allows easy access to the lake and to Magnificent Mile, with plenty of cute places to eat out. The staff is very accommodating and always in a good mood. On my latest trip Lissa at the front desk was especially kind at the time when I needed it very much, and it turned my luck around. Some of the rooms are on a small side, but the vertical line 7 is very roomy and comfortable. It is pet friendly, so pet lovers will enjoy seeing four legged guests, but those with allergies or who dislike pets, beware! There is no pool at the premises, but the beach is close by.

Room Tip: Rooms that end with 7
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Darlene D
Thank you for the terrific review!! We are delighted you enjoy our pet friendly atmosphere and hope you were able to meet Maddie, the newest addition to our Team. Maddie is our very own four legged Team member and makes herself comfortable in her office near the Business Center. If you did not have the pleasure of meeting her, please be sure to ask for her during your next visit. We will also be starting Canine Cocktails in the next few weeks, so please be sure to take advantage of the drink specials and time with our four legged friends. We hope to see you again soon!!
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location ... staff was very accomodating. Rooms were very clean, and even though it is a butique hotel, it has all the amenities of the big boys.

Tom at the front desk really took care of us!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review and for recognizing Tom for the role he played in your Hotel Indigo experience! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!!
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed here last june and again this year against my better judgement. The front desk staff is unfriendly and unhelpful. The hotel is severely outdated in style and amenities. And they checked me in to a dirty room and expected me to come back to the lobby (with luggage) only to go back to the dirty room with them to show them the problems (garbage from previous guest still in bathroom, no sheets on the bed and personal belongings scattered about). No. I won't stay again. There are so many better hotels in chicago that are clean! Updated! And have friendly (not surly) service! And! Most of them are less expensive! My advice is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Meremac
Thank you for your review! We sincerely appreciate honest feedback as it gives us the opportunity for continuous improvement. InterContinental Hotels Group offers many brands of hotels such as Crowne Plaza, InterContinental Hotels, Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites hotels. We hope you'll find a brand you love and continue to stay with us!