“It Was One Thing After The Other” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast

Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
Ranked #114 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Lexington, Kentucky
“It Was One Thing After The Other”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

!. Super location for shopping and eating and close to a train stop.
2. Beautiful interior design
3. My safe would not lock
4. Moved to a different room that had no where to put my clothes, except a closet about 10" wide
5. Could not get minifridge for my friend who stayed one night and would have to pump and store her milk. Had to get a cooler-very stressful
6, Their garage is actually a public garage and the parking attendant would never give me my car, saying I hadnot paid. There was no communication between the hotel and the garage
7. No bellhops
8. IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTIOIN-they did not tell me this when I made the reservation
9. The king size bed took up half the room-smallest city hotel ever

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the exact same
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Evan E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Evan E,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is nice to know that you liked our interior design. On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with the parking lot. However, the renovations will end soon, and I hope you stay with us again and see the improvements we have made. Again, we take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is currently under light renovation. The staff and rooms are as nice as ever! I'm in what might be a King Mini-Suite. I'm unsure if all the rooms are like this. In my room at least, I enter into a mini - foyer, small living room to the right, bathroom to the left. The bedroom is behind the living room. It's so nicely put together. Bright colors, fun rugs, and different shades of blue make it fun and exciting. So far, so great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I spent 1,5 weeks in this small hotel. It is located in walking distance from the northern end of the magnificient mile. Breakfast is not included, it is quite pricey and not buffet type. You should consider eating breakfast in some other place.

Rooms are in quite bad condition, at least those 2 I slept in. I had to change the room because there was no safe in the first one. They say on their website the rooms have hardwood floors. Well it is not hardwood, it is plastic carpet that almost looks like wood. In December the floor was freezing. The room was quite warm but the air conditioning machine which was used for warming was very loud, almost impossible to sleep. Both rooms had very pathetic view. The first was facing other building and the other room had a view to a inside staircase.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff, they were very friendly and helpful.

The neighbourhood feels safe but there is nothing interesting in immediate vicinity. Subway station is in 5 min walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a nice view, otherwise you will get a terrible view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear jibbajaba,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the breakfast selection, room amenities and the air conditioning. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Neptune Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Should have listened to a previous TA review! Good location for walking around, restaurants, shopping, etc. but the hotel was just okay. Unimpressed with small lobby and narrow halls. Ice machine was only located on one floor, peeling wallpaper AND flooring (who doesn't use real materials for flooring?). Maid did not replace coffee we drank the first morning, and they provided a PENCIL with the notepad - did all the prior guests steal the pens? I would have rather stayed at a Hampton Inn - at least you know what you are getting there.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, or don't worry about it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Floridakicks
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Floridakicks,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are disappointed you did not enjoy every element of your stay with us. Our hotel was built in the 1920's when everything was done on a smaller scale. The hotel originally opened with nearly double the amount of guest rooms we have today and they had a swimming pool and sport courts. While we do have some space constraints, we do try very hard to ensure every part of our hotel is properly maintained and I'm disappointed to hear you encountered some areas that need further attention. Please know we will take care of this immediately.

Again, we thank you for your comments as it gives us the opportunity to improve our overall guest experience.

All the best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I arrived early on a Saturday at 6am and had to book for the Friday before. Even though they were sold out the whole weekend due to a trade show in town, the manager was so generous, she made sure I was checked in on Friday night so my resi wasn't cancelled, and then upon check out helped me a lite on the room rate for Friday ! This was my second stay at this hotel and it gets better each stay:)

Only comment ... A better wine selection would be greatly appreciated;) I'll be back next March!!

• Stayed March 2014
Sbosrau,

Thank you for the terrific comments!! We especially enjoyed this line from your review: "This was my second stay at this hotel and it gets better each stay:)" We strive each day to focus on what can be improved for our guests and we appreciate the feedback.

As for the wine, please be sure to share suggestions with me directly and/or with our Operations Manager, Sean as we like to hear your feedback and would be happy to add to our selection if it will enhance your Hotel Indigo experience.

We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon!!

Happy travels,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Best place ever. Staff is very helpful. Close to all bars and restaurants. Clean and comfortable room, free WIFI. Great room service. Thanks Anderw for removing the bible from my room.
Thanks
Jelena 601

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jelena k
Jelena,

We loved your review and can't thank you enough for sharing your comments!! You made our day!! Please come back and see us again soon!! May we suggest you try some of our other Hotel Indigo locations as well, we're convinced you'll fall in love with our brand and become a loyal Hotel Indigo guest.

Happy travels, Jelena!!

Midlothian
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Hotel Indigo is not only the biggest bang for your buck in value, fabulously located, but the service here is by far superior! The front desk professionals, Andrew, Lissa, and Chris are so accommodating, friendly, and by far simply some of the best. It was only day two of my stay that all three knew me on a first name basis and this is a pretty busy hotel. My rating just for the service alone is 5 stars....The food is great and the have a great little bar in the front area facing Dearborn St. The rooms are quaint and you get almost a bed & breakfast feel. Feels like home with a touch of elegance. Truely one of my favorite hotels in downtown Chicago!!!! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank TMG80
TMG80,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!! I apologize for my delay in responding but want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I don't think people realize how much we look forward to receiving feedback, any feedback is a gift but your wonderful comments sure made our day!!

We can't wait to have you as our guest again soon and hope you'll share your experience with your family and friends!!

All the best,