“Great Location and Very Clean!”

Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
Ranked #117 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
McKinney, Texas
“Great Location and Very Clean!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

This place has a great location on the Gold Coast. We arrived at about 10pm on Easter Sunday and were surprised to see so many people checking in. The front desk staff was fast and very friendly, they chatted up my wife about her pregnancy and even upgraded us to a larger king room. We got a great deal on the place on Priceline, so we were surprised and delighted about the upgrade.

Any former lobby renovations are now complete and the entrance and lobby are very eclectic and inviting. The room was clean and quiet. This hotel is a bit on the dated side but they do keep it clean.

We did the free street parking (10pm to 8am) and moved the car to the garage during the day ($15 out by 6pm). There is a great little cafe/wine bar (3rd Coast) right next to the place that is open until midnight. Also, a Starbucks and Walgreens on the same block.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PurdueChris13
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to share your comments!! I was very happy to hear we could accommodate you and your wife with an upgrade and hope she was comfortable during her stay with us. We wish you all the best for a safe and easy delivery and for a happy and healthy baby. What an exciting time this is for you both!! Congratulations!!

We hope you'll come back and see us again soon!!

Best wishes from our entire Team,

Destini & the Hotel Indigo Chicago Gold Coast family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had the time of my life in the hotel and the surroundings. There were many wonderful places to visit near the hotel; it felt very comfortable to be surrounded by such availability.
The hotel itself had amazing staff. One of the best helping hands was Alma, she was extremely helpful in helping put with anything I asked. I was very satisfied with the service and would come back to stay at the Indigo when ever it may be that I would be in Chicago. I would recommend the hotel to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are comfortable and have a great atmosphere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rezija V
Destini W, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Your recommendation is the BEST compliment we could ever ask to receive!! We will be sure to recognize Alma for the role she played in your Hotel Indigo experience and thank you for completing an online review.

We hope you'll plan another visit to Chicago soon, the Team is looking forward to seeing you again!!

All the best,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel was great, the hospitality was unbelievable. Hassan was the best. He got us started every morning. The whole staff was very nice and helpful. Really had a wonderful experience. "Thanks Hassan you're the man!!!"

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Bombero509
We loved this line in your review..."Thanks Hassan you're the man!!!" We agree, he is a shining star alongside many of our Team members. Thank you for the wonderful review and for recognizing Hassan in the role he played in your experience. We will be sure to recognize him as well!!

Please come back and see us again soon!!

All the best,

Silver Spring, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo Gold Coast for one night in March 2014. I booked because of the location. it is close to the CTA and walk-able to shops and restaurants we wanted to visit. But other than location, I can't say many positive things about this hotel.

Our room was tiny. It reminded me of hotel rooms in Manhattan where you can barely have two people walking around the room without colliding. It wasn't a problem since it was just me and my husband, but I'm very glad we didn't try to stay there with even one of our children. There wouldn't have been enough space to move.

But the real issue was the quality of the room. The flooring (laminate?) was peeling. The bedspread had white, fluid-looking stains. The bathroom walls were also stained. The bed was wobbly/squeaky. Overall, it was a very shabby hotel room.

I've stayed at many IHG properties but never at a Hotel Indigo. Based on this experience, I'm not inclined to do so again. I've had cleaner rooms at every Holiday Inn I've visited.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maurahd
Thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments with our entire Team as we work to improve the overall guest experience. Your feedback will allow us to make the necessary changes most important to our guests.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I got a room for two nights last weekend on Priceline (name your own price) for $75 I called immediately upon my winning bid to ask for two beds and they would not unless I paid $20 more per night. That's the first time that has happened on all my rooms I've gotten on Priceline. My daughter and I shared a queen bed. It was obvious the hotel was not close to being full so I thought they were being petty by not letting me have two beds!! The lobby was clearly under construction, but didn't see many people working on it over the weekend. Room was clean and tiny! No hooks to hang your towel anywhere. Location was decent, but I've gotten way better and two beds for the same price! Hoping for a different hotel next time I bid!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sueandthekids123,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is always our goal to provide convenient and comfortable accommodations as well as world class service to all our guests and on this occasion we regret we fell short of your expectations.

Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My family and I recently stayed here for a two night/three day trip to Chicago. We bid on the room on Priceline and got the room for a very reasonable price. When we arrived at the hotel, we had a small room with a queen size bed. We spoke with the front desk and they moved us in to a bigger suite with two queen beds. The room was very nice with plenty of room for all of us. We loved the vibe of the hotel as it was very quaint and almost felt like an apartment.

Our only complaints were the lack of a microwave and mini refrigerator. There were also renovations ongoing in the lobby area but that wasn't a huge deal to us. The location is pretty good with metro and bus stops nearby and lots of restaurants. It's a short walk to Michigan Avenue and the northern portion of the Magnificent Mile.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would come back in the future. The staff were great and we liked our room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mr. Andrews,

Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review. For future reference, based upon availability, we do have refrigerators available upon request. You may request one during the reservations process or at check-in. While we cannot guarantee availability, it is rare that we cannot accommodate this request for our guests. As for microwaves, we will gladly microwave anything for you, just ask any member of our Team.

Thanks again for the great review and we hope you'll come back and see us again soon!!

Safe and happy travels,

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo for a weekend getaway. We reserved two rooms with two queen beds. The size of one room was fine but the other was larger and our family comfortably gathered in that room. The rooms were comfortable and clean and my wife was happy to see Aveda products for the shower. The staff was helpful but the weekend we were there the floor in the lobby was being redone and the area was loud and a bit of a mess so we didn't have many conversations with them. The location is great--we ate at two very good neighborhood restaurants that were less than a block away and we easily walked to the John Hancock building and Lincoln Park to do some sightseeing. This is a great alternative to the high-priced hotels on the Miracle Mile.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jay,

Thank you for the wonderful review!! We sincerely apologize for the work being done in our Lobby and the inconvenience it may have caused but we're delighted it did not affect your entire stay with us. We hope you'll consider staying with us again soon for any return visits to Chicago.

Thanks again for taking the time to complete an online review!!

Best wishes,