“Excellent”

Ranked #122 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel from 8/21-23rd while visiting a friend. He had a key made for me until he got there because he was filming when I arrived. When I got to the front desk, I wasn't greeted with a hello but more of a "what are you doing here" stare. Nonetheless, I brushed it off and went on my way. The room was an ok size (not too big or too small) but nice. It had a king size bed, great a/c, nice shower and pretty good amenities (lotion, shampoo, etc). The shape of the room is def. odd (more of like an L shape). After I was settled, I decided to do a little exploring. The hotel is in a GREAT spot. It's not far at all from LakeShore (about 10-15 min) walk but well worth it. It's also not far from Rush St. and the high end boutique stores. Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I liked the fact that it's in a great location and not far from anything( lakeshore, wrigley field, train station, )and that they give out flavored tootsie rolls at the front desk. Besides the front desk people not being as friendly as I would have liked, I would def. stay here again and recommend this place to others.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Thai first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I really like this property. The location is wonderful, in the midst of the Gold Coast, a short walk to a lot of great restaurants like Morton's, Carmine's, Chicago Q, the Original Pancake House and more. Plenty of great bars like Blue Agave, Eduardo's Enoteca and Dublin's. A Walgreen's and a Starbucks are right on the next corner! The El train is a block off, which is how you'd come from the airport, if not by cab. There is a Divvy bike stand nearby. Cabs are always easy to get, and it's a $13 or so fare to the Millenium Park/Randolph Street NICTD train station.

The rooms are great. I see other reviewers carp about how small they are, but I think they are ideal. They have very comfortable bedding and blackout drapes. The bathroom area has a hairdryer and plenty of towels, Aveda toiletries (omg, the moisturizer!) and a handheld shower with good water pressure and temperature. Hardwood floors mean no yucky carpet. Free wi-fi, flat screen TV, table and chairs, plenty of outlets, I'm not sure what else one needs in a hotel room aside from clean, comfortable, and useful.

I did have a booking issue w/two rooms that caused some hassle prior to my arrival and I am currently working to resolve it w/management. I will update my review with the resolution and the speed with which it was resolved. However, when I arrived at the property, I explained the problems to Chelsea, and she did her best to mitigate the problem. I saw her when I checked out this morning and she confirmed that there would be no further concerns, and I appreciated that. I found her manner to be helpful, professional, but still friendly.

This is still my go-to hotel in Chicago for price, location, quality, security, and charm. I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: I have had no trouble with any room I've booked. I usually book fifth floor or higher to avoid...
1 Thank Amy C
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Clean yet smallish rooms.... but a quiet hotel on a quiet street. Modern bathroom. Handy business center. Close to the "L" and walking distance to Rush Street. Chocolate chip cookies at the front desk a plus.

1 Thank James P
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Great weekend at Hotel Indigo in Chicago this past weekend. Staff was wonderful and the rooms were very nice and clean. The location is perfect and walking distance to shops and restaurants. There is a "Divvy" bikestand just a couple of blocks south if you desire to tour the area on pedal power. Thanks again to the staff (especially Hassan) for making this stay superb.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is a quirky hotel--the room was an odd L-shape, with the television seemingly miles away from the bed. Lots of space in the room, but poorly laid out. Also, the older elevator was slow. That being said, the location is fantastic and the staff first rate.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
West Islip, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Short (one night) but sweet stay. In town solely to watch Mets vs. Cubs game. I booked the wrong date by accident, and the manager on duty (can't recall her name) still got us a room at a fair price in her sold out hotel. She went above and beyond, & for that, this is my Chicago hotel and will recommend this clean, accommodating hotel to my friends. Thanx so much!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Was stranded in Chicago bec. of a cancelled flight and airline wouldn't accommodate us so we had to find accommodations on our own. We got a good deal on this hotel at priceline and it turned out to be quite a cute hotel room, it really made us feel a bit better after a horrendous day! Will recommend it to anyone looking for good value!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family