“Neat place with cool shower”

Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast
Ranked #129 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I stayed at this Hotel while working in Chicago. I like the 'odd' style and the layout of the room. I had more than enough space and found the bathroom and shower cabin to be very cool. There were a seating area made out of teak tree in the shower which made for a comfy relaxing experience.

The location in terms of Chicago is great, and most things are within walking distance. I thought I got great value for the money!

I went out to party in the Chicago nightlife on the weekend, and had a blast!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 23 March 2010

This hotel is superficially attractive, but the rooms are too small for 2 people. The decor, while attractive is inexpensively done. The sound insulation is minimal if existent at all and the pillows leave much to be desired, although typical of inexpensive hotels.
Make the assumption that your check in won't be until 4 pm since that is their policy.
Given the above, the hotel is clean and well located. It is best suited for a single traveler.
I would recommend it only if you understand its shortcomings.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2010

We visited Chicago last month and stayed at Hotel Indigo for the first time. We absolutely loved the hotel and would highly recommend it! The staff was WONDERFUL!! We arrived early...no problem. We couldn't get home to Pittsburgh due to the giant snow storm there, and the hotel was so great to us! We were able to keep our same room for 2 more days, and felt like the staff really cared about us, especially since our flight home seemed to change daily! The rooms were beachy and very refreshing in the cold winter! Plenty of room! Again a big thanks to Tom, Veronika and everyone else at Indigo for a great experience! Now our hotel of choice in Chicago!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2010

The indigo hotel is the worst I have ever been to.I ordered wine glasses some one took them to my room dirty with lipstick n dusty the worst ever..will never go back. U get what u pay for right!

Reviewed 19 March 2010

Luckily, my hotwire hotel booking turned out to be the Hotel Indigo. Everyone was so nice and went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The rooms are clean and cute; the beds are comfy. I had a much better hotel experience than some of my colleagues who stayed at other hotels for twice the price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2010

After getting to Chicago late and very tired, I was so grateful to meet the staff at our hotel.. I had family staying there with their young children and the staff at this hotel all the way from the house keepers to the management was wonderful. It didn't matter what we needed or what directions we ask for, they were there to help with a smile... I would definitely recommended this hotel to my company for travel and anyone who ask... They made us feel special... I plan on taking my family back to Chicago in the summer and would never consider staying anywhere else...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
HotelIndigoChicago, Hotel Manager at Hotel Indigo Chicago Downtown Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2010

Thank you for all of your great feedback! We will be certain to pass your comments on to our staff here as we are appreciative of their efforts that contributed to a wonderful stay for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future as we would love to see you here again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2010

The experience at Hotel Indigo is always wonderful to me. The staff is so friendly and helps with anything you need with nothing but a smile on their face. The rooms always look brand new. The location downtown is also great! Any place you wanna go is just a couple blocks away! I would recommend staying at this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure!

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property! We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
We couldn't agree more with your comments and are very proud of our staff. Our location in the Gold Coast is ideal as well for anyone visiting for business or pleasure! We hope to see you soon, and please let us know if we can be of assistance in the future!

Regards,