“Pleasant Stay!”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #112 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night. Nice room, clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location. I would definitely not consider it as being downtown, but it is very close to downtown. My only complaint was that they were doing some remodeling on the upper floor above our room, which was annoying, but temporary, so not really a big deal. The parking is right next to the hotel and is $20 for overnight. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear jes297,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are sorry about the disturbance with the carpet replacement but are happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay. It is an honor to receive the gift of your recommendation for our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and we are looking forward to your return in the near future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management Team

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently took a trip down to Chicago with my best friend and sister for my sister's birthday. We also were visiting my cousin while there but we wanted to stay in a hotel so that we would have our own space. I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn. There is a certain quality I expect from a Holiday Inn as it is a well known, and to me, trusted hotel chain. Upon arrival I was promptly greeted by a welcoming front desk staff. She got me checked in right away and immediately offered me free water bottles. I wish I could remember her name because she was very courteous. We unloaded the car and then parked it in the lower parking lot ($20 for an overnight stay).

My room was on the second floor of the hotel, and we were in the corner room. The double bed room that I had requested was very spacious and accommodating. It felt good to rest on a nice, comfortable bed. There was some construction going on when we had first arrived in our room and we made sure to ask about it upon leaving for the evening. Again, the front desk reassured us that there would be no construction going on the next morning.

We arrived back to our room later that night around approximately midnight. We had just got settled in our room when we heard a knock at our door. My best friend was startled so I went to see who it was. A younger man was standing outside the door. I opened the door just slight enough to get a look at him and I could immediately tell he was inebriated. So I just went and laid back down. He was going up and down the hallway knocking on everyone's door, I had assumed he just couldn't remember where he was. I called the front desk and the woman was shocked to hear this. She told me she would take care of it and she did, very promptly I might add. No longer than 5 minutes after I talked to her the knocking stopped.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jkerlin_89,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you that "Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at this Holiday Inn. It was a perfect hotel, and in a perfect location. I would definitely stay here again!!". We are truly happy to know your room accommodations met your expectations and you had a great time with your family. Most of importantly, we cannot thank you enough for the gift of your happiness you shared with us despite the unruly guest.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to your return when you visit Chicago.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel Management Team

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is always a great place to stay. There used to be discounted parking for Priority Club members, but it is now $35. I had a minor issue with a missing ground plug in my meeting room, but it was taken away by Randy and fixed by Fredy (Randy found boxes and let me in early). I GOT AMAZING SERVICE AT BREAKFAST FROM KATHERINE – SHE WENT DOWNSTAIRS TO GET ME A BANANA AND APPLE because I was worried about not being able to take a break at lunch due to my workload. I told Adrienne they should promote Katherine. Tommie checked me in – everything was fine. The pizza place is closed but Sunny’s is available for 3 meals, and the food is quite good.

Room Tip: When you head down I-290East, it becomes Congress Parkway. There's a lot of traffic veering off...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear professordoctormom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We were elated to know Katherine provided AMAZING SERVICE to you while you were dining at Sunny’s Bar & Grill and that everything went well during your check in with Tommie.

Thank you once again for recognizing two of our employees at the Holiday Inn Downtown Chicago and look forward to your return in the near future.

Hotel Management at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed two nights in late December. Nice room, very clean. Very friendly staff- will even draw you a map to your destination, helpful about riding CTA, buses, etc. I reserved through Holiday Inn site ($99.01 plus tax) and got car parking (in garage under hotel) for a penny a night. Self parking lot next door is $20. Car valet will park and retrieve your car (just add tip)! There is a restaurant in hotel and apparently others within a few blocks, but it was too cold for us to explore. Close to Greektown. I saw other reviewers mention traffic noise and hotel is next to a main Interstate into downtown. It didn't bother us, but could be an issue for others. We carry a small box fan that drowns out most traffic, hall noise, etc. Business center and work-out room on top floor.

Room Tip: Rooms on south-west side of hotel have less noise but no view of downtown.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Mikie27,

Thank you for recognizing our Excellent Hotel during your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are elated to know you enjoyed our friendly staff, your clean room and the hotel package you reserved. Most importantly, we are extremely happy to know you had a good night’s sleep.

Thank you for staying with us and looking forward to your many returns when you visit Chicago.

The Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management Team

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. Overall, this is a nice hotel. It is close to most points of interest. We just walked or took the bus/subway during our visit. Bus fare is $2.25 ppl (exact change). We proabbly will stay here again if we come to Chicago in the future.

Pros:
-Excellent location
-Good breakfast
-Clean room
-Helpful front desk

Cons:
-Room too small.
-Only one chair in the room, The second person has to sit on the bed
-Parking too expensive

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond F
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Raymond F,

Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking time out of your busy schedule to review the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to know you enjoyed our location, clean room accommodations, breakfast at Sunny's and our helpful front desk team. While not having an extra chair and parking fees were the cons, it is such an honor to know you will stay here again if you visit Chicago in the future.

Thank you once again and look forward to your return.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management Team

Reviewed 20 December 2013

stayed here on various business trips into the city and the Hotel is always first class. Excellent service and standards. check-in can be slow at times but i usually arrive around early evening, so that is sometimes to be expected. Room service is how i usually dine but to be honest this is of a good standard also. Bar prices are slightly high but for it's location not unexpected. a good business hotel but would also suit a leisure traveler. A good Choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Gus P,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to review the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are extremely appreciative to receive your recognition of "Business...first class.” It's is an honor when one of our repeat guests provides us with a gift of their experience.

Thank you once again and look forward to your return.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Management Team

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Holiday Inn W. Harrison St Chicago was an excellent choice for the weekend in Chicago. Conveniently located, professional staff who pay attention to details and meet all your needs. Even the restaurant staff were superior in service and professionalism. Ana in the Sunny café was very kind and a pleasure to see each morning.

I would like to specifically (Julio) mention the parking staff who were very pleasant and worked hard to meet all of my needs including assisting with my luggage, getting my car, hailing a cab or anything else I needed. Extra-special mention goes to Julio who assisted in making our trip a pleasure.

Even the cleaning ladies servicing the room were extra nice. When all else fails, you can't beat nice. :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Catherine L
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Catherine L.,

Thank you so much for leaving such great words about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay and that all of our staff provided great service. Also, thank you for the “Extra –special mention” to Julio. We have shared with him the recognition he received from you.

Thank you once again for recognizing the Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown and look forward to you return.

Holiday Inn Management Team