“Pretty good”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #120 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 10 February 2014

It was the first time staying in downtown Chicago and the staff could not have been more helpful in giving suggestions and directions. The only down-side was that parking was an extra $35 and we were not aware of that until we got there. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Denae A
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Denae A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and for recognizing our staff. Please know we empathize with you regarding the unexpected parking fees by not being informed but are happy to know you had a great stay.

Thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was stranded in Chicago due to a missed connection with my bus. Kat and Sean were so sympathetic and facilitated an arrangement with my family via email to pay for my room and room service. I was extremely impressed with their customer service and if I could give them a commendation and a raise I would!!! So, thank you again to
Kat and Sean and the entire staff for making a horrible situation much more bearable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Michelle L,

Thank you for leaving a great review on TripAdvisor about the Front Desk Employees at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are extremely happy with the attentiveness and compassion they showed you during the horrible situation of being stranded in Chicago. We have shared your great comments with them as it is an honor to receive positive feedback with name recognition from one of our guests.

Thank you once again and hope the next time you stay with us you will be able to enjoy Chicago while visiting the Museum of Science and Industry, Navy Pier and Millennium Park.

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown Team

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed just one night at this hotel while in Chicago for a gymnastics meet. The staff was friendly, helpful and the room was clean. We did have an alarm go off in the room next door very early in the morning. It took a while for the staff to address the issue, but the next day when we mentioned it while eating breakfast the hotel manager comped our breakfast for the trouble. It really wasn't their fault as there was someone staying in the room and for some unknown reason let it continue to go on and on.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear EL_Nicole,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay despite the alarm clock going off in another room. We thank you for your understanding with this matter. Most importantly, we hope you were able to enjoy the gymnastics meet and tour our town. If you were not able to see some sites, our staff would be more than happy to assist you the next time you visit Chicago with directions to Willis Tower, Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium or wherever you may want to go.

Thank you once again for being our guest and look forward to your return in the near future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management Team

Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family often visits Chicago and this is the third time we have stayed - and our visit explains why we will continue to stay here. It is in a great location (we try to come via Amtrak) and it is spotless! Even when we drive, it is not a difficult drive to Lakeshore Drive or even to the Loop. The rooms were spotless - and that is important to my family - my 21 year old daughter even commented is was spotless. We'll be back.

Room Tip: If you are on the North side, you can see the Willis (Sears) Tower!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear scharven,

Thank you so much leaving this great review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are extremely happy to know your third stay with us met your expectations with a Great location - well maintained - VERY clean! We have shared your comments with our housekeeping staff about providing a spotless room to you and your family. Also, the gift of being our return guest for the third time is most important for any hotel establishment.

Thank you once again and look forward to your fourth return when you visit Chicago.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Team

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I had to be in Chicago for training and it was held in Union Station so I chose this hotel. First the good....Front desk staff very friendly and accommodating. Close to my destination. That's it.
The bad....Couldn't regulate temp in room. Miami or Duluth take your pick. No moderate temp to be had. WiFi spotty and I was only on the third floor. Foodwise not a lot to be had unless you want to eat in the in house restaurant. I dropped a piece of chocolate on the floor and couldn't see it. came back that afternoon and there it was lying on the floor. Why mention it you ask. Because had housekeeping vacuumed it wouldn't have still been there. No breakfast provided not even continental. Most HI's at least give you a continental to go breakfast if if they have a restaurant onsite. Not this one. And they were very quick to tell me because it was booked through booking.com there would be NO credit for points!!! Keep it Holiday Inn.. My money is better spent elsewhere

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear eltotaupin,

On behalf of our management team, please accept our sincere apologies and thank you for leaving feedback about your stay at our Holiday Inn. We were disappointed to learn that you experienced several issues during your stay and can completely understand how you must have felt. Our goal was to provide outstanding service, a clean and comfortable room accommodations and amenities you need while staying with us. We have shared your comments with our employees and management team to address the issues you shared with us.

Thank you for sharing your experience and hope you will allow the Holiday Inn another opportunity for your lodging needs in the near future.

Holiday inn Management Team

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn for one night. Nice room, clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a good location. I would definitely not consider it as being downtown, but it is very close to downtown. My only complaint was that they were doing some remodeling on the upper floor above our room, which was annoying, but temporary, so not really a big deal. The parking is right next to the hotel and is $20 for overnight. I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jes297,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are sorry about the disturbance with the carpet replacement but are happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay. It is an honor to receive the gift of your recommendation for our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and we are looking forward to your return in the near future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management Team

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I recently took a trip down to Chicago with my best friend and sister for my sister's birthday. We also were visiting my cousin while there but we wanted to stay in a hotel so that we would have our own space. I was pleasantly surprised by the Holiday Inn. There is a certain quality I expect from a Holiday Inn as it is a well known, and to me, trusted hotel chain. Upon arrival I was promptly greeted by a welcoming front desk staff. She got me checked in right away and immediately offered me free water bottles. I wish I could remember her name because she was very courteous. We unloaded the car and then parked it in the lower parking lot ($20 for an overnight stay).

My room was on the second floor of the hotel, and we were in the corner room. The double bed room that I had requested was very spacious and accommodating. It felt good to rest on a nice, comfortable bed. There was some construction going on when we had first arrived in our room and we made sure to ask about it upon leaving for the evening. Again, the front desk reassured us that there would be no construction going on the next morning.

We arrived back to our room later that night around approximately midnight. We had just got settled in our room when we heard a knock at our door. My best friend was startled so I went to see who it was. A younger man was standing outside the door. I opened the door just slight enough to get a look at him and I could immediately tell he was inebriated. So I just went and laid back down. He was going up and down the hallway knocking on everyone's door, I had assumed he just couldn't remember where he was. I called the front desk and the woman was shocked to hear this. She told me she would take care of it and she did, very promptly I might add. No longer than 5 minutes after I talked to her the knocking stopped.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jkerlin_89,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you that "Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at this Holiday Inn. It was a perfect hotel, and in a perfect location. I would definitely stay here again!!". We are truly happy to know your room accommodations met your expectations and you had a great time with your family. Most of importantly, we cannot thank you enough for the gift of your happiness you shared with us despite the unruly guest.

Thank you once again for staying with us and look forward to your return when you visit Chicago.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Hotel Management Team