“Nice but way too much street noise!”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #114 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Nice but way too much street noise!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The staff were very nice, the restaurants was nice, the room and bathroom were nice but it really felt like my bed was in the middle of the highway! Soo much noise from the street that runs beside it!! If you are a very tight sleeper or you are used to this noise, it is not a bad place to stay at, but I did not sleep during the two nights I was there and it did ruin my stay a bit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Annick003,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review about your stay. I apologize that your experience did not meet expectations due to the noise. In an ongoing effort to make our guest stay, we provide earplugs for the light sleeper but sometimes Chicago traffic can be a little bothersome. I will share your feedback with our ownership group.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for recognizing our staff and restaurant too.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Jakarta
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the first time I stayed in this HI facility; the location is not bad if you need to be in downtown Chicago, the staffs were friendly, but the room was rather old for the money that I paid. The entire hotel needs some uplifting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DannyHS
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear DannyHS,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay. We are happy to know our staff provided the level of service our guests expect. Also, we have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

We hope you will give the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown another opportunity for your lodging needs in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Hoisington, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Delayed Amtrak Train left us needing to stay for an extra night, and this was perfectly convenient. We were able to walk from the station. Price was VERY reasonable for Downtown. Service was excellent and the food at the restaurant was great and reasonably priced. Only drawback was the lack of reasonable parking, with cheapest option the $20 overnight public lot adjacent. Otherwise, very nice all around, even without the emergency stay!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jared G
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Jared,

Thank you for allowing the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown to be your hotel of choice while in Chicago. I am sorry that you experienced the issues with parking but happy to know you enjoyed the restaurant and the excellent services from our staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments as it helps our team to know how they are doing.

Thank you again and welcome you return in the near future without the emergency.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Took the train down to Chicago, Union Station. The hotel was walking distance from the station, although you did have to carry the luggage up and down a small flight of stairs when crossing under the highway.

The hotel was clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly. They constantly asked how we were doing and if there was anything they could do for us.

Had free breakfast included and was pleasantly surprised to have a pretty good menu selection or buffet at Sunny's which is attached to the hotel.

Had wonderful weekend in Chicago and, yes, the Cubs won!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Ange1024,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and thank you for staying with us. We greatly appreciate the compliments you shared about our staff and the level of service they provided. The feedback received from our guest encourages our team to work even harder to exceed our guest expectations. Also, thank you for sharing your experience at our Sunny’s Bar & Grill; I hope you were able to enjoy our free live entertainment on Friday night.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you are in the Chicagoland area.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Came here for business and reserved a room a few weeks ahead of time. When I arrived they told me my king suite wasn't available and they put me in a double double bed suite for the same price (which didn't work for my wife and myself). They did move me to a standard king room and lowered the rate which was appropriate. However, after talking with a coworker, they had given a walk-in person a king suite not an hour before I arrived. I am an IHG member and that information was very disappointing. Room was fairly standard, the shower didn't drain properly and they must have spilled the mop bucket every day because our carpet was wet by the door every afternoon.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Esmugala
Dear Esmugala,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your dissatisfaction. It is our goal to make each guest experience positive and to not just meet expectations but to exceed them. On behalf of my team, I apologize for the short falls during your recent stay and would am asking to speak with you personally offline to gain more insight into your stay.

Please contact me by email gm@hidowntown.com or by phone 312-957-9100. I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to our Holiday Inn.

Bloomington, IL
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is close to the places we wanted to visit and the valet service is wonderful. Everyone at the hotel including the valets are very friendly and eager to help in any way. The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was updated and clean. I did not notice a great deal of noise even though it's near the interstate. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lkwmson
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear lkwmson,

Thank you for the great review about the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to pass along your wonderful feedback to my valet attendants, housekeeping department and the rest of the hotel.
We look forward to your return visit when you are in the Chicago downtown area.

Respectfully,

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
tempe
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you are looking for a budget deal; this hotel is it! It is super clean.and the rooms are great! The staff is absolutely wonderful and extremely helpful; going out of their way in order to make your stay more comfortable. Our stay included the full breakfast deal which consisted of a generous buffet .( orange juice was NOT included; although other juices were.) We also ate dinner in the restaurant which was more than adequate. The food was good and the service excellent. As far as location, the hotel is situated a short walk from Union Station and the subway ( which we did not use). Instead we purchased a trolley ticket which was valid for three days. The stop was right across from the Willis (Sears) tower. The staff was very helpful in guiding us to the best attractions and the ones that offered discounts....

On the minus side, the location is in a run down area across from the old Post Office . It is also by numerous busy roads so make sure that your room is on the front side and center. One does hear the noise from the freeway, but it is more like white noise and did not hinder our sleep. The business center computers were virus laden and thus we were unable to print our boarding passes; go to the front desk and they will print them for you
This hotel is a good deal if you know what you are getting!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front and center.....much quieter and away from the traffic.