“Great staff”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #127 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Came into town for the One Direction Concert,and was very pleased with the hotel. Nice and close for walking from OTC. Taiyon at the front desk was great! Helped us both days with giving us the best transportation/route options for the places we wanted to go to:Navy Pier, Giordano's, Shedd Aquarium, and of course Soldier Field. Housekeeping was very accommodating when we needed extra things. Sunny's wasn't too bad, helped with the kids eating free. Liked the pool,too.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Melanie V
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Melanie V,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your experience at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am happy to hear you were able to visit Chicago's attractions and that my team member was able to assist you along the way. I have share with Taiyon your great comments as this helps my staff to know how they are doing.

Thank you once again and welcome your return when you are in the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Holiday Inn Front Desk staff are very welcoming, ready with a smile, cold bottle of water, and coupon for Manager's evening wine & appetizers, quick check in, parking and valet assistance to room. Valet Julio very friendly, helpful, and personable, knowing people are tired when checking in. Holiday Inn has the SOFTEST pillows, mattresses, and fluffy covers - slept like a baby. Highly recommend staying here - room clean and spotless. Staff more than willing to make stay comfortable. Close to attractions, transportation, restaurants. Overall, very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: East side faces Old Post Office with view of Willis Tower. West side faces parking lot, Expressway...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Dr C W,

Thank you for posting such a great review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. It is a pleasure to hear of your satisfaction with your Floating on Cloud 9 stay. I have shared your comments with my team so that they are aware your experience.

On behalf of my team and I, we are looking forward to your many returns to our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

If you are traveling out of union station, this hotel is 2 blocks away and an easy walk. It was nothing fancy, but it was very clean and convenient and friendly. We were there with our 2 kids age 8 and 9. They loved the rooftop outdoor pool with views of Willis tower. Earplugs were complementary to shut out the city noise, but we didn't need them with the air conditioning running. Overall, we will stay here again simply for the friendly, convenient and budget friendly hotel stay.

1  Thank GoPokes2

Dear GoPokes2,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Thanks again and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We arrived a the hotel and there was a new guy, I think names Tommy, at the desk and he quickly checked us in and was very freindly. The Valet guy was awesome and it stinks I can't remember his name but so funny! Anyway, we went right to our romm, it was myself and my husband and he was going to be doing business and we were there for 2 nights. when we went in our room it was right "behind" the ice machine and I was worried it would bother him but he said it would be fine. Well, we went right back down, to go to the bar for a quick drink as it was a long trip and the manager at the front desk, who we had met earlier also, asked about our room and he could tell that I hesitated and insisted I tell him what was up. I told him and they like moved us, right away! they insisted! it was so nice and they were just well, great! We had the best room then and I did not want to leave! they have a pool on the roof too that we totally loved!
Thank you so much for macking my stay in Chicago so very memorable!

Room Tip: If possible, and affordable, go for a King Suite! totally worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for taking time to complete the survey on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased to hear that everything turned out the way you wanted and that my team helped to make your stay in Chicago a memorable one.

Looking forward to serving you again.

Again, thank you for choosing the Holiday inn & Suites - Chicago Downtown as your home away from home.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very good location if you like to explore the city by foot...a few feet from the Metro station...very close to Union Station and the Willis Tower. It's NOT Michigan Avenue, but a heckuva lot cheaper! Front desk staff was super friendly, especially our new best friend Tommy. Perfect for our family's Lollapalooza experience...about 3/4 of a mile direct stroll to Grant Park. Fitness room, pool area, and business suite were better than expected. The hotel bar is inviting, and the attached restaurant was better than expected, although we only visited each once. Overall, a fantastic place to stay for active visitors!

Room Tip: Staying for more than a night? Staying with a family? Get the suite! Microwave, mini-fridge, TVs i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear FlarSt_Augustine,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am very pleased to hear of your satisfaction with our location, amenities, affordability and the service you received from Tommie. I will be sure to pass on your words of praise to him and the rest of my eam.

Thank you again and looking forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Perfect place to stay when laying over during a train trip. Only a couple of blocks from Union Station and downtown. Walk to many shopping areas, Willis (Sears) Tower, and museums or take a boat ride. Nice room and totally amazing and friendly staff in the adajcent restaurant. Couldn't believe the reasonable price for a great breakfast!

Room Tip: Higher floors for less street noise

Dear Foamergirl,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am happy to know you enjoy the Chicago attractions as well as your stay at our hotel.

Thank you again and looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I arrived at this lovely downtown hotel one day later than I had made the reservation (my mistake). The desk staff and front office manager were very gracious and accomodating in both helping me resolve this matter and responding with friendliness, grace, and poise to my every need. The location is convenient walking distance from many attractions, including world-famous Giordano's deep-dish pizza! --plus the famous skyscraper, the Willis Tower very close by. Also quite convenient walking distance to public transportation, including the L-Trains. The hotel's valet's were very helpful in giving me directions to these attractions, including explaining local maps, as well as providing information about tours and transportation. Would definitely return. Dr. Scott Harrington, Tucson, Arizona, USA.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Scott H,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I greatly appreciate the comments you shared and hope that I will have an opportunity to personally welcome you back upon your return.