“Great location not experience”

Warwick Allerton-Chicago
Ranked #107 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The price you pay and services you get are not on same page. The room that was given to us had bad plumbing.

The location on this hotel is awesome, right in middle of everything. Valet parking is also bad, takes more than 10-15 mins to get your car so call up in advance.

So overall it was a an Ok-Ok experience.

1  Thank Indian_journey
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton-Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Indian_journey,

Thank you for your review and our apologies for the delay in retrieving your car. We will share your comments with appropriate management of the garage.

We hope you enjoyed your visit to Chicago and stay with us again when you return.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, there are lots of hotels and one may either save $5 here or there or perhaps have 10sq ft extra but our rooms were clean, boutique style and plenty of room. We had a King bed, and separate sitting area with a pullout. Although it had a rain shower, there was lots of pressure unlike other hotels that have nice but unhelpful features. My only complaint was there was no coffee in the room but in the same time I could make some I returned from the 2nd floor with a fine brew to start the day.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

MidlifeMike,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope to share our new renovations in the near future.

Kindly,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Based on many negative reviews, I was apprehensive about staying here. Upon arrival, I loved the fact that it was across the street from Tiffany's, one or two blocks from Water Tower, two or three blocks from 900 N. Michigan, etc. What an awesome location! The hotel had a big city exciting kind of a feeling. The bellcaps were wonderful and helpful. The two lady's at the check-in couldn't have been kinder. They gave me a total of 4 different rooms to try out before deciding. I was very happy with my room, I could hear a faint siren (I was on the 10th floor) but I had ear plugs so that was not an issue for me. Other than that, it was very quiet, no door banging, or loud talking. I couldn't hear anyone else in the other rooms as well. This was truly a home away from home during a difficult time of my life. The restaurant was also very good and fresh. The elevator isn't soooo bad, yeah maybe you have to wait a little bit, but come on.......
The only negative thing I could possibly say was about the fitness center. One elliptic trainer was very strange at an angle that you couldn't do it normally. I just stuck with the treadmill. As well, most of the tv's on the machines didn't work so entertainment was at a minimum. Oh well. They also had bicycles, etc. like any fitness center. The entrance was also rather strange. You have to take the elevator up to the top floor and then walk up a flight of stairs to like an attic space. The stairs don't look so nice, but hopefully they will renovate that eventually.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank babsZuerich

babsZuerich,

Thank you for you review. We are happy to announce we will be updating the hotel in the future as we were recently purchased by Warwick International Hotels.

It will be our pleasure to have you as our guest once again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

There was a deal on Redtag for rooms and it was in a great spot. Hadn't been to Chicago before and if I go back I will stay somewhere else. It wasn't totally horrible but there r ALOT of other hotels to choose from. Rooms r sml, had to complain twice to get the shower unplugged. Wifi only on 2nd flr.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Sonyajean77

Sonyajean77,

We are sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. We were recently purchased by the Warwick International Hotel Company and have many improvements in store for the hotel.

Please allow us to show our true hospitality in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We only stayed one night but would have stayed more if we needed to! Got a great deal through Living Social that included free internet. We were on the 11th floor and upgraded to a King room. Room was updated and pretty spacious. Very clean and has alot of old character. Coffee is available on the 2nd floor near registration desk. Would stay again for sure!

1  Thank mrsbondy

mrsbondy,

So glad you enjoyed your adventure in Chicago. We agree that our hotel has a certain charm and awesome location!

It will be our pleasure to have you again as our guest.

Warwick Alleton Hotel Chicago

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was a bit concerned by some of the reviews I read-- mold, elevator problems, noise, and other issues.

I had none of these problems. Yes, the standard rooms are small, but one should expect this of an old hotel in the city that doesn't cost a fortune. The room was fine for one and even two people. Tight but not unmanageable. My room and the entire property were clean and well maintained. There was good security.

My room was on 15th floor overlooking Michigan Ave. There was some city noise at night, but not disturbing.

The elevators are busy, but there are several and I never waited longer than a few minutes.

The location is hard to beat and you can (with a reasonable walk) use public transportation (via red line) to get to/from the airport.

Staff are excellent (friendly, knowledgeable and efficient).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkHF

MarkHF,

We agree that our historic charm and location are key attributes of our hotel!

Thanks for sharing your time and hope to see you again in Chicago.

Kindly,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 3 and 4 for a quick getaway. I got a good rate on Hotwire. We had a queen room looking out over Michigan Avenue (room 1904). We couldn't see the street but could see the sidewalk on the other side and a little bit of Huron Avenue. The hotel has a great location. Our room was a decent size, however the bathroom was very small. There was a narrow shelf to put things on in the bathroom. The main drawback was the lack of a dresser. The two nightstands each had two small drawers that worked for a short stay, but it could be an issue for a longer one. There was an empty spot next to the door that could provide space for a dresser. We did not use anything in the snack or beverage bar in the room. We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel either so I can't comment on that. Everyone on the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. I went to the lobby to check e-mail since you have to pay for in room internet. My husband used a bike in the exercise room that had several machines. I would stay here again.

1  Thank mininutrsp

Mininutrsp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago.

We look forward to sharing our hospitality again soon.