Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Room Service
US$424
US$357
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$226
US$158
  • Room Service
2,206 results
All reviewsthe loopmillennium parkart institutegreat locationelevated traintrain noisel trainlarge bathroomwithin walking distancebrick wallthe beanblue linelight sleeperbeautiful hotelfront desk staffpublic transportationtwo blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2013

In my 40 plus years of traveling I have rarely encountered hotel staff as friendly as at The Silversmith. As others have said, the location is excellent for anything you might want to see and do in the heart of Chicago. I was upgraded to a newly refurbished suite on the 10th floor which was roomy, quiet and spotless. If you are a “very” light sleeper the sound of the “el” might disturb you, especially on lower floors facing the street, otherwise the sound will just blend into the sounds of the major city outside your window.

Room Tip: Use any of the self-park garages close by for $38 per day and access to your car, as opposed to the hotels $52 per day(and any part thereof) valet parking.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Frank L, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback and such high praise! It is so gratifying to know that our staff made you feel welcome and that you enjoyed your accommodations. We sincerely appreciate your choosing the Silversmith and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

You will probably choose this hotel for its location, but you will return again and again for the beautiful accommodations and the impeccable service. The staff are unfailingly smiling, genuinely eager to help, and prompt in responding to requests, though you won't have to ask for much because everything you need is already right there. And the location is perfect for seeing the city and experiencing its theater, art, parks, shopping, the lake - whatever. A magnificent find.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow! What a fantastic review! We greatly value all your feedback and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff strives to welcome all our guests and show our appreciation. Thank you for choosing the Silversmith and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed for a long weekend early in May and this hotel was a great, central spot for us to explore from. The room was clean and incredibly quiet - would definitely recommend staying in the rear of the hotel where the train is barely audible. I really couldn't believe how quiet it was. We walked for miles each day, stayed out late every night and would usually end up a couple blocks away from the hotel at Millers Pub. Wonderful trip!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pdxk8

Thank you so much for all your positive comments. We're very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

The room was fine - good sized. The cleaning of both the room and the bathroom was sub-par. At least three items were left in the room (bobby pin, etc.) and the bathroom was not cleaned after our first night. No extras in the lobby other than lemon chilled water. Fitness room was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review and comments. We apologize for your room not being cleaned to your expectations. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the service and accommodations we provide to our guests. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

While not horrible there are so many hotels in Chicago, I find it hard to imagine why someone would stay here. It is old (and I suppose, historic). Our room was small, dark and smelled super perfume-y. Maybe because I had booked through a 3rd party site they gave us the worst room they had? I had booked a room with 2 beds but upon check-in was informed "that is just a requested preference" and the only rooms they had one queen so I would be getting that. That could be a big problem, depending upon your travel circumstances. My mom and I made it work but neither of us slept well. On the plus side, great location-right near Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park, train station (not sure how the noise is in those rooms) and it was fairly clean. But like I said, there are MANY other hotels in this area. I won't stay here again. I would pay more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lovetogoMichigan
Frank L, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Thank you for your review and comments. Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you. At your convenience, please give me a call or let me know the best way to contact you. Again, thanks for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.