Downtown Chicago just minutes walk from Millennium Park and the shore of Lake Michegan with transport networks almost on the front door. This was a 45 min El train ride from O'Hare airport terminal and really easy to find when we arrived into downtown.
The staff were attentive and welcoming, particularly those on the lobby desk who helped with all manner of questions we had abut the local area and how to get to the Lincoln Park Zoo (well worth the visit as it's free).
Room 201 was great. It had a huge king and reasonable size bathroom. The antique furniture throughout the hotel adds to the experience, and sets the Silversmith apart from any in-city chain hotel. There was no outside noise in our room - but admittedly no view either but what do you expect on the 5th floor :)
Staff were happy to hold our bags as we arrived a number of hours prior to check-in, and when we arrived back at the hotel around 1.30 and they had ensured our room was ready early for us.
Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago